MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

Joe Thomas
Tyron Smith
Duane Brown
Jason Peters
Trent Williams
Joe Staley
Nate Solder
Jordan Gross was much better this past season but recently retired
Jake Long
Cordy Glenn
Andrew Whitworth
Michael Roos
Matt Kalil
Eugene Monroe
Albert is in the range of King Dunlap and Russell Okung

I'd agree with your list for the most part. The problem in none of those guys are available. I also think that the guys on the list from about #7 down are not a huge upgrade from Albert. If the numbers are right and the contract is structured properly he is viable option for the next couple years. I'd hope Hickey has his eye on his future replacement in this draft even if not in the 1st round.

F it...we sign Albert still go sign saffold and draft Zach Martin at 19...covet the versatility of the latter 2 and the character as well with the 3rd...

Cover your ass with guys that can play multiple positions in a pinch...we do that I will be happy...

Im on board if we sign Albert. It will allow us to focus on other options in the draft.

I'd agree with your list for the most part. The problem in none of those guys are available. I also think that the guys on the list from about #7 down are not a huge upgrade from Albert. If the numbers are right and the contract is structured properly he is viable option for the next couple years. I'd hope Hickey has his eye on his future replacement in this draft even if not in the 1st round.

I'm not arguing that. I just think Monroe is a better option and the only reason I made that list was because someone claimed Albert was top 10

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

F it...we sign Albert still go sign saffold and draft Zach Martin at 19...covet the versatility of the latter 2 and the character as well with the 3rd...

Cover your ass with guys that can play multiple positions in a pinch...we do that I will be happy...

I fear the contracts both Albert and Saffold are about to get. Aponte needs to work her magic

And if we end up with those 3 by drafting Martin at 19 and want another offensive lineman in the draft grab billy turner in the 3rd...happy hoops

Hell I might be ok with turner in the 2nd due to the upside...

I will be worried when I see that bloated $15 mil cap number in year 2 of the deal...the aponte way...this is one contract Miami should front load...

Well the cap is going to increase by 10 million each of the next 2 seasons and by league rules you have to spend all of the cap. Somebody has to get paid I guess. This is why i go after Byrd and 2 good linemen. Go all in for next season. Philbin is a goner if he doesn't win now

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 1m
via @PFTonNBCSN All signs point to LT Branden Albert signing with the Dolphins announcment could come on

They had Albert, Staffold & Veldheer ranked higher. RT @JordyAbramson: @mikejurecki @kentsomers @Cardschatter why no interest in Monroe?

Carcosa! my sig is from True Detective too. The hot blonde is in both True Detective and Banshee, which is also very enjoyable in its own right. What she is saying to Woody Harrelson in that scene might be one of the hottest things I have seen on TV lately if you recall :lol:
Only two episodes left and the entire cast will be replaced next season. Terrible move, but tonight is going to be unreal.

...and Cosmos premieres at 9 pm on Nat Geo. great night for TV.

Entire cast replaced? I guess woody harrelson was just trying to get back on the map

I'm not arguing that. I just think Monroe is a better option and the only reason I made that list was because someone claimed Albert was top 10

I think Monroe is a better option as well but he might price himself out of range most teams are willing to pay him.

The Dolphins may think they can't get two players (Albert and Safford) at reasonable prices instead of one (Monroe).

To the people shaking their head... is this not an upgrade?? I mean seriously, an upgrade is an upgrade any way you slice it.

Storyline is over. Woody has been on the map lately with Hunger Games 1 and 2, i'm sure he is banking major coin with those two movies.

Never seen those 2 movies :lol: I was wondering why they were chasing one freaking serial killer with an animal fetish the whole time

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I fear the contracts both Albert and Saffold are about to get. Aponte needs to work her magic

10-4. I wouldn't call either of them elite, but I think either could keep Tannehill fairly clean for a couple seasons. FWIW, I live in Jacksonville and have seen a lot of Monroe and actually run into him fairly often at the gym in the off season. He's a hard worker and a hell of a nice guy but nothing about him screams elite left tackle and apparently Ozzie Newsome, who had a real good look at him shares this opinion. To me Albert is the better option because it gives us an earlier exit strategy.

Back
Top Bottom