MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

I will be worried when I see that bloated $15 mil cap number in year 2 of the deal...the aponte way...this is one contract Miami should front load...

When we have to replace four of five starters on the offensive line I don't think we can be all that picky when it comes to free agency. Landing one of the top two Left tackles on the market is a win. Sure there are concerns with Albert, but there are also concerns with guys like Monroe and Veldheer. That doesn't mean we shouldn't sign any of them because they are not the best in the league at their position. Out of those three Albert is probably the best and playing at the higher level. Now of course age and health issues might make him less attractive 3-4 years down the road, but any time you can sign a player coming off a Pro Bowl season is a good signing.

Of course his contract is going to be more than anyone really wants to pay. He will be payed much more than players that are more deserving. Monroe and Veldheer will also get contracts that pay them more than they are probably worth. But if you want to get the best players on the market you have to overpay. Just like Wallace last season, he might not be a top 5 overall wide receiver in the game, but you pay him big if you want him on the roster. Wallace actually left a lot of money on the table from Minnesota to be here.

The Dolphins have a lot of cap space, they have a quarterback with a low cap hit and the league's salary cap is going to increase by almost $30 million by 2016. There is no problem handing out some big contracts right now.

No way in hell is Albert playing at the highest level. Monroe, Veldheer, and Collins were better, and I would add the old guy in Gross if he did not want to stay put or retire. Albert is older, injury prone, and will not be accepted by at least half the Phinatics as the best choice, and deservedly so.

Albert is no spring chicken himself and has played a full season only once. You're the one who asked me to name better LT's and myself and a few others did. Is he better than what crap we rolled out there last year? Sure. Does it make it a good signing? Not when there were better, younger options available

Fine i understand that, But what i don't understand is the problem people are having by saying that he sucks now that we presumably are going to sign him when it didnt look like Monroe was really that much of a better prospect in Baltimore last year, and ended up the same place we did at home.

Looks like Saffold is going to be a LT for a team.

Watch Albert work in space...it's pretty average...better than McKinnie but he's not the same level move athlete he used to be...god this contract should be interesting

Can't remember which game I saw of his this season maybe Dallas but he got smoked in pass pro like 3 times left standing still...I think it was a dinged up Demarcus ware that did it....wish I could remember

Ok so Ware was dinged up....
You're leaving out that Albert has been dinged up as well.

Didn't reports have Albert for sure going to Arizona yesterday? Now they have him going for sure to us. Not buying any of this until they are officially signed at the start of the FA period. All this is guessing up until then. While not my #1 or #2 choice, still better than missing out on all of the top LT's. If we can get a decent LT and at least 1 guard, I think we are sitting good going into the draft. A DB or LB on top of that would be even better, but I'm not getting my hopes up that high.

Didn't they say he wants something like 10mill? Ffs this is a bad dream....

I think B. Albert has been a target for philbin and the coaching staff since last year.
Hickey simply obliged with their wish.

Yeah, I've seen reports like this before. I remember a time where Jim Harbaugh to the Dolphins was a "done deal." I believe it when I see it. I prefer Monroe over Albert, though.

People complaining about Albert as our new LT...

You need to be reminded of who we had this past season?

That's a freaking colossal upgrade.

Yeah right. If we pay a LT a $40-50M contract, we should base it on being better than Martin & McKennie. Are you really serious?

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 2m

Not only is @ProFootballTalk report about Albert-to-Miami accurate, I'm told he's been their top priority since draft weekend 2013.

This explains why league sources think Albert to Miami is a done deal.

Albert is not my first choice because of his injury history but I guess beggars can't be too choosy.

Black stars rise.

Just noticed your avatar. :up:

Carcosa! my sig is from True Detective too. The hot blonde is in both True Detective and Banshee, which is also very enjoyable in its own right. What she is saying to Woody Harrelson in that scene might be one of the hottest things I have seen on TV lately if you recall :lol:
Only two episodes left and the entire cast will be replaced next season. Terrible move, but tonight is going to be unreal.

...and Cosmos premieres at 9 pm on Nat Geo. great night for TV.

Yeah, I've seen reports like this before. I remember a time where Jim Harbaugh to the Dolphins was a "done deal." I believe it when I see it. I prefer Monroe over Albert, though.

Hell the media was even worse a couple years back when guys like Adam Shefter thought Peyton Manning was coming to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom