MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

Entire cast replaced? I guess woody harrelson was just trying to get back on the map

its an anthology. so new cast every season like American Horror Story. The writers who choose to do this have major cajones. It is also possible that Nic Pizzolatto didn't have the funds or success in getting both Woody and McConaughey for more than just one season. Although like you said, they arguably never had anything better going for them in their careers. A better role, at least. Replacing Matt McConaughey in True Detective will be like replacing the Joker after Heath Ledger's death. No one is going to top his performance in that show and for that im already disappointed in season 2.

10-4. I wouldn't call either of them elite, but I think either could keep Tannehill fairly clean for a couple seasons. FWIW, I live in Jacksonville and have seen a lot of Monroe and actually run into him fairly often at the gym in the off season. He's a hard worker and a hell of a nice guy but nothing about him screams elite left tackle and apparently Ozzie Newsome, who had a real good look at him shares this opinion. To me Albert is the better option because it gives us an earlier exit strategy.

Well we will see with the contract if it in fact gives us an early exit strategy...I'm not sure I think that will be the case given I expect the guaranteed money to be more than $26 million

Where are all the obligatory "I don't believe the media hype" posts?

I question anything I read right now.

I'm sure the Dolphins are going to sign a left tackle in free agency, but this rumor is just as likely planted by Albert's agent as anyone.

its an anthology. so new cast every season like American Horror Story. These writers who do this have major cajones. It is also possible that Nic Pizzolatto didn't have the funds or the success in getting both Woody and McConaughey for more than just one season. Although like you said, they arguably never had anything better going for them in their careers. A better role, at least. Replacing Matt McConaughey in True Detective will be like replacing the Joker after Heath Ledger's death. No one is going to top his performance in that show and for that im already disappointed in season 2.

I think they had to get out of mcconaughey before he got so thin people started talking eating disorders...good lord that guys like a bean pole...

Thanks for the heads up...I'm glad harrelsons going just hasn't done much for me with his work...

Landing Albert would be great. Monroe would be better but Miami isn't the only team in the NFL that needs a new LT. Monroe is likely asking for more money and Miami still has to replace the rest of the o-line.

Has Albert even had a visit with the Dolphins yet? Or does that have to wait until Tuesday?

If there is an offer it would be contingent on him passing a physical. And no I don't believe FA's can visit any team until Tuesday 4PM EST.

I think they had to get out of mcconaughey before he got so thin people started talking eating disorders...good lord that guys like a bean pole...

Thanks for the heads up...I'm glad harrelsons going just hasn't done much for me with his work...

He lost a ton of weight for his Oscar performance in Dallas Buyer's Club where he plays an aids victim.... Supposedly he went on a straight liquid diet for that role.

nbvbnvn-1.jpg

I agree that Woody is easily replaceable.

Well we will see with the contract if it in fact gives us an early exit strategy...I'm not sure I think that will be the case given I expect the guaranteed money to be more than $26 million

If Grimes contract is any indication we may get lucky.

You think? That would certainly sway my opinion. I'm hoping Albert would accept a shorter deal with less guaranteed than Monroe.....guess we'll find out soon enough.

You think? That would certainly sway my opinion. I'm hoping Albert would accept a shorter deal with less guaranteed than Monroe.....guess we'll find out soon enough.

Depends on the years but I'm thinking or expecting would be a better word if it's 5 years at $50 million even the guaranteed money will come in at between 26 and 28 million...and honestly with how aggressive I can imagine we have been wouldn't surprise me if it was more than $10 mil per year

& Hickey's first free agent signing is a disappointment unless Monroe's contract demands were out of our galaxy. We'll know in a week when Monroe signs with someone. Not that Albert isn't a good player or that he's not an upgrade over what we had last year in McKinnie & Martin but Eugene Monroe & Jared Veldheer would have been better choices & the main reason is age. Even thought Albert made the Pro-Bowl he was PFF's # 18 LT last year. Monroe was #10 & three years younger. Next up is finding a RG. Saffold, Asamoah, we're calling.

Has Albert even had a visit with the Dolphins yet? Or does that have to wait until Tuesday?

Only agents can communicate with teams now, players can visit Tuesday.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 2m

We know how much Philbin wanted Albert last year but Ireland wanted to stick with Martin. Signs pointing to Miami finally getting Albert

And at Albert's age, Miami might be able to structure the deal so they can get out of it in year 3 if necessary.

& Hickey's first free agent signing is a disappointment unless Monroe's contract demands were out of our galaxy. We'll know in a week when Monroe signs with someone. Not that Albert isn't a good player or that he's not an upgrade over what we had last year in McKinnie & Martin but Eugene Monroe & Jared Veldheer would have been better choices & the main reason is age. Even thought Albert made the Pro-Bowl he was PFF's # 18 LT last year. Monroe was #10 & three years younger. Next up is finding a RG. Saffold, Asamoah, we're calling.

See this is the stuff im talking about, Its a disappointment because he didnt sign who you wanted? come on.

Back
Top Bottom