MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

he could be signed for 3yrs/30mil and only 15 guaranteed or 3yrs/30mil with all of it guaranteed. No one knows, so there's not need to bash or praise anyone. just wait for tomorrow.

about a half hour back, i saw terrell davis on nfl am say that albert was on his way to miami as they spoke and a deal has already been agreed upon by both sides.

and you can bet, this depends on him passing his physical [unless he already has].

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 15s

I find it interesting that #Dolphins didn't have Eugene Monroe as even second best option at LT. Do not understand.

Everyone's interest in Monroe was luke warm at best. Interesting.

If we need to overspend on an avg LT in order to protect RT so be it. His development is more important than anything else..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If we need to overspend on an avg LT in order to protect RT so be it. His development is more important than anything else..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Average LT's make the Pro Bowl? Sign me up then.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

I'd say there is a hole at RB. Daniel Thomas or Lamar Miller are not viable starting options imo.

That doesn't make it a hole to me. Upgrading the position is one thing. Lamar Miller needed more carries last year. He could still be a starter or at least a 1-2 punch. Miami can certainly draft a RB to pair with Miller.

Everyone's interest in Monroe was luke warm at best. Interesting.

Further proof that PFF rankings are garbage.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

That doesn't make it a hole to me. Upgrading the position is one thing. Lamar Miller needed more carries last year. He could still be a starter or at least a 1-2 punch. Miami can certainly draft a RB to pair with Miller.

I disagree. Any time you have a backup caliber player in a starting role is the very definition of a hole. Lamar Miller is not an viable NFL starter imo. Getting him 20 carries a game will be a waste of downs.

If true really not a good deal. Yuk. Lets see how the total contract is structured when we know for real. Hope Aponte has really thought through this one. Btw excellennt points you made explaining why some of us are not thrilled with Albert choice.

If it's over 10 million a season, that's... urgh.

As I've said though, let's see what happens with the cap in two years. As much as it sucks, I have a suspicion this is going to be the new entry going rate for good left tackles.

I wouldn't say Miami has a hole at RB and TE. The guys who played in those positions last year are going to be back. The positions can be upgraded sure but that doesn't mean there are holes.

The same can be said for LB and maybe even CB. The OL has holes because everyone is gone outside of Pouncey.
It's not a hole but it's very average. Not good enough. Same with our receivers. Clay is good, not special. Placing a playmaking tight end there to play opposite of Clay like Ebron would do a lot for Tannehill. Same goes for our receivers, we don't have a single red zone threat there.

As far as our running backs goes they're all very mediocre.

2014 Pro Bowl tackles

Jordan Gross, Panthers; Tyron Smith, Cowboys; Joe Thomas, Browns

Branden Albert, Chiefs; Trent Williams, Redskins; Duane Brown, Texans

2014 Pro Bowl tackles

Jordan Gross, Panthers; Tyron Smith, Cowboys; Joe Thomas, Browns

Branden Albert, Chiefs; Trent Williams, Redskins; Duane Brown, Texans

Jason Peters and Joe Staley lead the list, but like many of the best players they choose to not play in the pro bowl.

It's not a hole but it's very average. Not good enough. Same with our receivers. Clay is good, not special. Placing a playmaking tight end there to play opposite of Clay like Ebron would do a lot for Tannehill. Same goes for our receivers, we don't have a single red zone threat there.

As far as our running backs goes they're all very mediocre.

I wouldn't mind Miami just signing a stop-gap RB this year. Next year's RB class in the draft is shaping up to be *very* nice.

If those numbers for Veldher are accurate and true, I'm gonna be so disappointed we didn't look his way.

If those numbers for Saffold are true, I'll be glad I'm not a Raiders fan (I'd take a chance on Saffold but not for that money)

I didn't want to trade a 2nd for Brendan Albert, and glad we didn't. I'm not really a fan of giving him a huge contract either.

HOWEVER, after watching the OL play this past season I realize that you gotta do what you gotta do. We do sign Albert, we can still draft Zack Martin and play him at guard for a year or 2 OR we can go after a different position.

Smart!

Back
Top Bottom