MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

When we have to replace four of five starters on the offensive line I don't think we can be all that picky when it comes to free agency. Landing one of the top two Left tackles on the market is a win. Sure there are concerns with Albert, but there are also concerns with guys like Monroe and Veldheer. That doesn't mean we shouldn't sign any of them because they are not the best in the league at their position. Out of those three Albert is probably the best and playing at the higher level. Now of course age and health issues might make him less attractive 3-4 years down the road, but any time you can sign a player coming off a Pro Bowl season is a good signing.

Of course his contract is going to be more than anyone really wants to pay. He will be payed much more than players that are more deserving. Monroe and Veldheer will also get contracts that pay them more than they are probably worth. But if you want to get the best players on the market you have to overpay. Just like Wallace last season, he might not be a top 5 overall wide receiver in the game, but you pay him big if you want him on the roster. Wallace actually left a lot of money on the table from Minnesota to be here.

The Dolphins have a lot of cap space, they have a quarterback with a low cap hit and the league's salary cap is going to increase by almost $30 million by 2016. There is no problem handing out some big contracts right now.

Excellent post :-)

Why not just go ahead and sign Monroe?

Younger, healthier, cheaper.

I don't understand the FIXATION on a guy who misses 1/4 of the year. albert will wind up being our version of the Rams' edition of Jake Long.

What is albert, the state-of-the-art pass protector of all time? What good does that do if he has a bad back?

If we fixate on albert we will be doing this over again NEXT YEAR! Rinse and repeat...

I don't understand the FIXATION on a guy who misses 1/4 of the year. albert will wind up being our version of the Rams' edition of Jake Long.

What is albert, the state-of-the-art pass protector of all time? What good does that do if he has a bad back?

If we fixate on albert we will be doing this over again NEXT YEAR! Rinse and repeat...

i'm a little worried that the jags let him go for a 4th and 5th round pick, and then baltimore lets him walk after 3/4 a season. some red flags there.

why do people have the false sense that we can 'GO AHEAD' and do whatever the hell we want?

I am curious if Zach Martin could play LG if drafted.....that would be a strong left side of the line.

Z. Martin will play RT if drafted IMO.

RT market is way thin and bringing back Clabo not exactly a stellar idea.

I really hope this is all a smokescreen... And we'll see guys like Collins/Saffold/Asamoah sign here and not Albert.. **** at this point i'd be happy with a Monroe over Albert. Just please no to Fat Albert..........

I really hope this is all a smokescreen... And we'll see guys like Collins/Saffold/Asamoah sign here and not Albert.. **** at this point i'd be happy with a Monroe over Albert. Just please no to Fat Albert..........

i'm just curious, do you think miami will be better, worse, or the same, with albert at LT?

didnt albert make the pro bowl last year? hopefully we sign the rt from the saints or jets and draft eric ebron at 19.

When Albert isn't much of an upgrade over McKinnie, then giving Fat Albert a big fricken contract is plain stupid.
I am really not quite following. So Bryant McKinnie has to be the biggest Free agent bargain in the history of the league? He is just as good as Albert but will only cost a quarter of his salary? I would then have to imagine that McKinnie has to be the most
sought after Free Agent by all these teams needing a LT? The Ravens had him and are in need of a tackle...but don't want him. Miami had him and in need of a tackle..they don't want him. Do all the teams in the league who need tackles have him on top of their lists? I think it's not as easy as saying he is not that much of an upgrade over Albert. Almost every GM in the league seems not to agree to that theory

Perhaps all this Albert to the phins noise is to cover up Albert to the cards and any tampering that might have occurred between them.

Back
Top Bottom