MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, as the cap increases are going to generate a lot of these contracts.

For all the people yelling for Monroe over Albert, why are the Ravens allowing him to test the free agent market? Why was Albert the top choice of the Dolphins and Cardinals? Why was Veldheer the second choice for both the Cardinals and Dolphins? Why is Saffold the Raiders choice and not Monroe?

Perhaps Monroe isn't viewed to be the great prospect a lot of people think he is. The Cardinals, Dolphins and Raiders all appeared to have at least two other prospects(including Albert) ranked ahead of him. Even the team that currently employs him didn't think enough of him to franchise him or sign him before the start of free agency.

In the eyes of multiple NFL teams, the Dolphins are getting the top LT prospect.

A lot of assuming in this post

Man we're idiots. I hope to god we didnt pay fat Albert that much. We "over"paid Wallace like a top 3 WR last year and now we're doing it with albert. Hes a middle tier LT at best. Just like Wallace. Overspending for mid-level talent is not how teams win.

A lot of assuming in this post

How is it "a lot of assuming"? Where is the market for Monroe if he was the best prospect? Why was Albert the top choice for Miami and Arizona? Why isn't Monroe a top target for Oakland? The Raiders appear to rather pay a guard to be their LT than make a run at Monroe. That is telling. Don't have to assume anything when it is pretty clear that a market really doesn't exist for Monroe.

You can call it assuming, but I don't see any answers to any of those questions I posed.

Branden Albert ‏@B_Albert76 26s

“@LanceTHESPOKEN: You've had better tweets. RT"@1_ChiefsKingdom: False Start Dolphins #76....l8rs Brandon Albert."”exactly smh

Branden Albert ‏@B_Albert76 35s

People act tough on twitter... If I seen you person... You wouldn't say a damn thing to me!!!! #twittertoughguys

While I hope we are not going to pay crazy money for one of these guys, I just don't want to miss out altogether on all the top FA LT's that are available. Strange how many reporters out there had us locked in on Monroe just a few days ago and now they all are saying now it's Albert. Makes one wonder if something to spoil us on Monroe or if all that was just plain guessing. So does that mean Albert is also guessing??? We'll know for sure tomorrow, so at least this drama will be past and the reporters can move on to the next dartboard guessing with draft picks.

You fix your weaknesses in FA so that you can draft for talent instead of need.

CBS Sports reports Albert to MIAMI for 10 mil/per

Take it for what it's worth. It's coming from the dolphin hater LaCanfora. We all figured it was a lock but I hadn't heard the numbers. He says its 10 million per but he doesn't give the years of the deal.

this comes from the guy who though miami would trade wallace and his 17million cap hit.

Better to wait then get all fired up from this hacks news.

Its been a long time since teams spread out the $ For a contract evenly on a per year basis.

Yet, you guys see a # like this before seeing the real contract details, and immediately start crying about it.

Can we stop this already?

Back
Top Bottom