MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

I dont care what the amount of money is, Thank God! EVERYONE agreed this was the #1 priority this offseason, and if it's true then we have a top 10 LT. People will just never be happy.

Coming from a guy that would rather draft our LT of the future, if Albert is competent then 10M isn't going to look so ugly in 2015. I'm OK with it for now. I hope he stays healthy.

Take it for what it's worth. It's coming from the dolphin hater LaCanfora. We all figured it was a lock but I hadn't heard the numbers. He says its 10 million per but he doesn't give the years of the deal.

We know. This was already posted in the other thread.

You people are ridiculously unrealistic. We were never getting him for less than 9. He's too big a name. It's too big a need. There's too much competition this early in FA. It is what it had to be and we should be pretty ****ing excited we landed one of the very few viable LT solutions that were out there.

It doesn't make it an awful deal for Miami just because you're pulling numbers out of thin air. Where are you even getting 5-6 million from?

What are you talking about? I didn't pull any numbers out of the air. I clearly stated that it was my opinion that Albert is worth 5-6 million. The rumor is that Albert is getting 10mil. I'm saying IMO he is only worth 5-6. I'm not even blaming the Dolphins necessarily because we need lineman badly........but there is no way in hell that Albert is worth that much. Unfortunately Ireland has put us in a desperate situation the requires us to go all out to get lineman.

Its been a long time since teams spread out the $ For a contract evenly on a per year basis.

Yet, you guys see a # like this before seeing the real contract details, and immediately start crying about it.

Can we stop this already?

No.

Because whining bitching sooking and crying is what some fans do best.

What are you talking about? I didn't pull any numbers out of the air. I clearly stated that it was my opinion that Albert is worth 5-6 million. The rumor is that Albert is getting 10mil. I'm saying IMO he is only worth 5-6. I'm not even blaming the Dolphins necessarily because we need lineman badly........but there is no way in hell that Albert is worth that much. Unfortunately Ireland has put us in a desperate situation the requires us to go all out to get lineman.

Was he not a pro bowl or all pro tackle this year, which, actually meant something as opposed to previous pro bowl selections? If we can get 3 very good year out of him, then that would be fine.

for those doubters, two things:

1. don't know if monroe negotiations were broken down. we will see if he resigns today
2. this was philbin's guy last year

It doesn't matter what the per year money is, the contract is all about the guarantee and how many years the base is guaranteed for. He is probably a decent cap hit this year and a big hit next year with the team able to get out of it if needed in year three just like the free agents brought in last year.

La con Man strikes again.....and people believe yet still.

I love it when people hate on the process of a free market.

It doesn't matter what the per year money is, the contract is all about the guarantee and how many years the base is guaranteed for. He is probably a decent cap hit this year and a big hit next year with the team able to get out of it if needed in year three just like the free agents brought in last year.
Word from Chiefs Insider on Twitter is that he might be getting $29 Million in guaranteed money.

Source: https://twitter.com/ChiefsInsider/status/443032755517927425

Back
Top Bottom