MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

from profootballfocus.com
1. Branden Albert, Left Tackle

Whenever you are given the franchise tag, you are paid like one of the best players at your position. If you look solely at pass protection, Albert was among the best. His Pass Blocking Efficiency of 96.2 was tied for fourth-best among all tackles. The problem is a lot of the best tackles in the league are also strong in run blocking, while Albert has been below average. His nine penalties were among the Top 10 for offensive tackles, and missing four games hurt his value as well. He certainly deserves a decent contract going forward, but not one where he averages nearly $10m per year.

2013 Cap Hit: $9.8m
2013 Jahnke Value Model: $3.5m
Value Differential: -$6.3m

We sign a Tackle at this price we are going defense play-maker at the draft in rd 1 or DT

They still need three more offensive linemen. They could still draft OL in the first round.

We are in a mess of a situation, so we have to take an inflated deal. Here are the positives and negatives
Positives:
1. We fill a major need
2. Tannehill doesnt have to worry about pressure from that side for the most part
3. We do not have to reach for a tackle in rd 1
4. Restores some confidence in management that they are willing to do what it takes to put a contender on the field

Negatives:
1. We are likely overpaying for him (although the cap increases the next few years so this money may be low compared to what payers get next year)
2. He is as healthy as Jake Long who we didnt want to resign for exactly that reason.
3. What is Albert's incentive to play now that he has his money? (I hated typing this because it can be said about any player, but I have heard he is just a paycheck kind of guy)
4. He hasn't shown the ability to run block in KC, but hopefully it is a system issue
5. We need a great backup tackle now almost as much as needing a starter because of the injuries, so look for us to trade up in rd 2, giving up a first maybe next year.

The reason some people are never happy is easy.....they're frustrated they've never seen Ozzy in concert. I've seen him 22 times and wanted it to be 42....lol........Guys, people on this board are just frustrated due to the fact we haven't won in 40 years. Can you blame them?

Ozzy rules!!

$10 mil per...hoping for 4 year contract have an out after 2 but thinking more likely 5 year out option after 3...

Thinking five years, out after three.

At $10 million/year, I'm *hoping* (not predicting a damn thing) that the guaranteed money is 45% of contract value at most. Wouldn't be surprised if guaranteed money falls right at $30 million, though.

If he pays like an allpro LT then what's to complain about? It'll help Tanny play better which in turn it'll help the whole offense. Get hurt and we're back to square one. It's the NFL guys and we don't know all the facts when it comes to the other LT's out there.

Ozzy rules!!

Yeah that seems to be alot. Im not sure I believe those numbers. We will see.

It doesn't make it an awful deal for Miami just because you're pulling numbers out of thin air. Where are you even getting 5-6 million from?

his ass, where most people on finheaven talk out of

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 1m

Good catch by @KohneysKorner. Branden Albert just started following Tannehill, Delmas & Lamar Miller on Twitter. Hmm where's Albert going?

Branden Albert ‏@B_Albert76 5m

Hate going to the DMV

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 5m

Getting a Florida drivers license? RT @B_Albert76 Hate going to the DMV

So has he signed and is it for 10 million?

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

Some of you guys don't get that we have to overpay for free agents that are in demand. Players don't want to come here just because.

Miami is going to get a good football player today in Albert.

Back
Top Bottom