MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

For those that say you don't want Albert... my question is why?? Monroe was traded from Jacksonville to Baltimore and Baltimore decided not to resign him... That's a huge red flag to me! Top tier left tackles aren't just traded away midseason and then not resigned to the team they were traded to after the one season he played there ends. That doesn't happen too often and should raise eyebrows. Secondly, I don't know much about Valdeheer other than he's younger than Albert.. but considering the state of our current offensive line, I'm not sure younger is the best option. We already have several young guys Pouncy, Jerry, D. Thomas etc.. and we not only need a good player but also some veteran leadership amongst the group and this is why I'd much rather have Albert than the other two.

Sorry, I'm not on board with Albert. He is just another injury waiting to happen. Then we are right back to square one and lost a lot of money in the process.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m

When the Dolphins announce their deal with T Branden Albert tomorrow, he will end up getting $10M/season. Quite a haul

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m

When the Dolphins announce their deal with T Branden Albert tomorrow, he will end up getting $10M/season. Quite a haul
phew, that makes me feel better. so i'm expecting less than 10mil, since it's coming from JLC

For all the people yelling for Monroe over Albert, why are the Ravens allowing him to test the free agent market? Why was Albert the top choice of the Dolphins and Cardinals? Why was Veldheer the second choice for both the Cardinals and Dolphins? Why is Saffold the Raiders choice and not Monroe?

Perhaps Monroe isn't viewed to be the great prospect a lot of people think he is. The Cardinals, Dolphins and Raiders all appeared to have at least two other prospects(including Albert) ranked ahead of him. Even the team that currently employs him didn't think enough of him to franchise him or sign him before the start of free agency.

In the eyes of multiple NFL teams, the Dolphins are getting the top LT prospect.

and knowing how Aponte creates outs in contracts the way she does its probably two years G laden with incentives

I really believe that these teams have information that is not known to the public as of yet. I am not talking about anything bad...just that Monroe has no intent of leaving the Ravens or vicer versa. You can't kill Miami for putting someone over Monroe when it seems all the teams needing a LT are doing the same except for the Ravens

phew, that makes me feel better. so i'm expecting less than 10mil, since it's coming from JLC

LOL, another Bunson Honeydew report. I wish Bunson was Albert's agent, he would end up with 10 Million bitcoins a year

For those that say you don't want Albert... my question is why?? Monroe was traded from Jacksonville to Baltimore and Baltimore decided not to resign him... That's a huge red flag to me! Top tier left tackles aren't just traded away midseason and then not resigned to the team they were traded to after the one season he played there ends. That doesn't happen too often and should raise eyebrows. Secondly, I don't know much about Valdeheer other than he's younger than Albert.. but considering the state of our current offensive line, I'm not sure younger is the best option. We already have several young guys Pouncy, Jerry, D. Thomas etc.. and we not only need a good player but also some veteran leadership amongst the group and this is why I'd much rather have Albert than the other two.

I don't mind Albert, just not for the 10-11 million being talked about, I would hope we can get a good LT for the 6-7.5 million range, I think we are bidding against ourselves like we did with Wallace last yr, I say let someone else sign him for 11 million, my guess is there isn't anyone who would do it.....

Williams, Thomas, Gross, Peters, Smith, Staley, Long, Solder, Dunlap, Monroe, Glenn, Roos, Whitworth, Clark, Brown, Collins, and Constanzos.

Thomas, Long, Staley, Clady, Kalil, Roos, Penn, Brown, Peterson, Gross, Ferguson, Solder, Whitworth, Diel, Vollmer, Stewart, Baluaga, Smith, Winston, Joeckel, Johnson, Fluker... I could name a few more.

Riiiiight... Riiiiight... Less we forget you jokers watch all of those guys play on Sunday. You football fans, you. :baby talk: good for you :baby talk:

Oh, BTW, eh... How many of those guys are free agents? The hell you say. Why, I couldve sworn you had a valid point somewhere.

Shhhh... Listen- listen. Whats that sound? Holy ****! Its the echo of an empty oline meeting room.

Wait... Wait... as per reports, done deal on a position of need with an above average tackle before the official start of FA allowing us to quickly focus on other FAs? F@$K! When will we ever to be able to enjoy a piece of good news?

Good thing the Cardinals went after Veldheer first. (Producer whispers something off camera) They didn't?

Riiiiight... Riiiiight... Less we forget you jokers watch all of those guys play on Sunday. You football fans, you. :baby talk: good for you :baby talk:

Oh, BTW, eh... How many of those guys are free agents? The hell you say. Why, I couldve sworn you had a valid point somewhere.

Shhhh... Listen- listen. Whats that sound? Holy ****! Its the echo of an empty oline meeting room.

Wait... Wait... as per reports, done deal on a position of need with an above average tackle before the official start of FA allowing us to quickly focus on other FAs? F@$K! When will ever be able to enjoy a piece of good news?

Good thing the Cardinals went after Veldheer first. (Producer whispers something off camera) They didn't?

Not worth arguing the point its tiring, anything is an upgrade but semantics get in the way by using PFF rankings to justify why a person should be picked over somebody else.

Albert has only played a full 16 games once in his career. In 2012 he started 11 games and in 2013 he started 12 games. Seems like he cant stay healthy. I know we need a LT period I just wonder if spending 10+ million on a guy who is having a hard time staying on the field is the way to go. Guess we gotta just cross our fingers. Just like the GM's for this franchise have been doing for years. This is what happens when you cant draft. You overpay for guys past their prime.

ill take a top LT for 12 games over an average LT for 16. Giving RT a chace to actually work through a progression and throw the ball without worrying about getting hit on his blindeside could make this a top offense because we have to playmakers in clay, wallace, hartline, and gibson to get first downs and get into the endzone. Albert has proven to be a good run blocker so that improves are run game already from last year and thats only 1 out of 4 spots that will filled this offseason.

And expect a better crop of draft picks from a guy who has 18 years experience scouting instead of a guy who had a history of bad drafting

Back
Top Bottom