MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Albert signing with Dolphins for 10 mil/per

At the end of the day, Alberts values is what the market dictates. We need to play whatever is needed to ensure we have a serious probowl LT.

I have NO PROBLEM paying whatever it takes for proven OL talent. Any offense dies without a quality line.

Given where we're drafting, we don't have a shot at Robinson, Matthews, or Lewan without paying a heavy price to trade up. Trading up in this draft won't be nearly as easy or cheap as trading up in the 2013 draft (not that we can afford to lose our 2nd anyway). Unless you see Martin as a LT (I don't), you knew Miami would have to address LT in FA.

I would have rather seen one of the other tackles be signed by us instead of Albert for $10 mil- seems a bit much for an injury riddled player who is 30 years old. I am hoping that these are just rumors and we are signing someone different.... but regardless, Albert is an upgrade to what we had last year and that's a plus- I hope it works out for the best though

If he can stay relatively healthy this year and we structure a good deal then this is a great signing.

we don't need to trade up...something goods coming right to us...stay the course and pick at #19

Ian Rappaport on NFLN is giving a number around 9M (or higher) for Albert. If it's under 10M/year will it ease the pain of some of you guys? I frankly don't think it matters. He's ours, and if he plays anything other than bad, 10M will work for a starting LT.

30 is not old for a OL. Stop the whining.

Albert will be a fantastic addition to the Dolphins.

Well, the Dolphins now sit with two respectable starters....3 more to go.

I would have rather seen one of the other tackles be signed by us instead of Albert for $10 mil- seems a bit much for an injury riddled player who is 30 years old. I am hoping that these are just rumors and we are signing someone different.... but regardless, Albert is an upgrade to what we had last year and that's a plus- I hope it works out for the best though

How quickly people try and forget that fact. It wasnt Brandon Albert or the empty void that Jonathan Martin left. It was Albert or signing a younger, cheaper, more durable, and/or better player.

This isnt good value. I used to rage about this when it came to Ireland and it looks like Hickey is following suit. Id much rather pay for 5 productive years of Jared Veldheer or Eugene Monroe than 2-3 productive years of Albert. That, by many reports, Veldheer could be had for $1-$3 million less per season than Albert just makes the situation all the more frustrating.

As for the notion i keep seeing pop up that "hes an upgrade, what do you want!??!?!": the Dolphins went 8-8 this past year after going 7-9 the year before. Technically, thats an upgrade. But anyone who was happy about how our season turned out is delusional. Simply grabbing an upgrade isnt enough. This league is built on building teams in the most efficient way possible. If the Dolphins dont make shrewd decisions, you can be sure other teams will.
Just like id be furious if we spent our first round pick on a player we could have grabbed in the third round, im not exactly pleased that we are passing on better deals in order to make a worst deal just because of "upgrade". Value matters.

Albert is the best option for us. We will probably get three solid years out of him. We can draft his replacement in two years. We can focus on other areas and not be frustrated by worrying about Tanehill's blind side. We will have plenty of cap space to focus on the line and other areas. This will leave the draft wide open for us. Hopefully the guaranteed money won't be too high. If the contract keeps on the same pace as others , we will have an easy out if need be in two years.

Albert is the best option for us. We will probably get three solid years out of him. We can draft his replacement in two years. We can focus on other areas and not be frustrated by worrying about Tanehill's blind side. We will have plenty of cap space to focus on the line and other areas. This will leave the draft wide open for us. Hopefully the guaranteed money won't be too high. If the contract keeps on the same pace as others , we will have an easy out if need be in two years.

well said

Back
Top Bottom