Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All "Chambers Sucks" Posts

chambers

Chambers didn't cost us the game. He did have a chance to win it however so he did cost us that. He is on my fantasy team so I wasn't happy with him either but if you don't think he is one of the top receivers you are nuts. On any team that can throw the ball he would be leading the league.

You are also nuts if you don't think CJ, TO, MH etc don't drop easily catchable balls. TO has probably dropped more than most. Most receivers don't concentrate hard enough on the easy balls. The difference is they catch the hard ones.

Having said all that I do think Chambers is having a bad year. He has gotten thrown to more than in the past and has dropped more than he should. He seems to be not concentrating this year as he has in the past. While he has to take responsiblity for that the coaching staff also has to take responsibility for not doing something about it. Chris has the talent, the coaches just need to get him to keep his head in the game all the time.

What did cost us the game AGAIN is the play calling. While Frerotte miraculously had a decent day and we had a lot of yards the play calling still sucked. NE's defense was horrible we should have had a lot more than we did. Why can't Sabin understand that Ronnie cannot be stopped for less than 2 yards. Again he averages 5 yrds or more/carry and we throw 4 times in a row inside the 10 yard line. GIVE RONNIE THE BALL inside the 10 yard line!~!

LtDan said:
We should put that one play in our playbook every week.

Ok Seth, snap the ball off Gus's thigh and Chris you take off while everyone is looking and saying WTF...then pick it up and chuck it Gus! Awesome play!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

tcdrover said:
I think Linehan is more to blame for the loss than Chambers. Why didn't he call more runs in the 2nd half?

I think Chambers is moving into that grey area where unless his contract will cost us, he may be in another unifrom next year.

What about Jason taylor in coverage, he didn't even try to stay with his guy. He was in coverage, right?

:up: You hit the nail on the Head!!!
But no one is talking about that, Are they?

So I guess JT cost us the game too!!

chambersdabomb said:
but we all have too remember that he is not the only wr out there, i have not seen boston making any highlights(beside getting wacked) and at least he made them 6 catches instead of 3:rolleyes:

Well did you see another reciever repeatedly missing catches? I didn't.

Boston would have had to have played and been thrown to. I don't think he did either.

ATS16 said:
Some people just can't understand - Yes Chris dropped those balls all by himself and Howard allowed the deep pass and lance allowed the winning TD pass
have you ever played a team sport if so you have a bad memory:shakeno:

NO AGAIN! Dude, I know you're still kinda new here so let me break it down for you. On this board are subjects. These subjects are called threads. In these threads people speak on the subject matter. In this case the subject matter is CC caught 6 of 14 passes. It wasn't about the D or Reggie Howard. It was about CC missing 8 catches.

I have played team sports. I've played Football, soccer and baseball. In every case if I had played like CC did yesterday I would be benched for the following game. I would then sit there on the bench and take one for the TEAM.

So to help you, I've broken it down YOUR way. Consider it a handy reminder.

Comment on the TOPIC. Comment on the TOPIC.

wbreno said:
Chambers didn't cost us the game. He did have a chance to win it however so he did cost us that. He is on my fantasy team so I wasn't happy with him either but if you don't think he is one of the top receivers you are nuts. On any team that can throw the ball he would be leading the league.

You are also nuts if you don't think CJ, TO, MH etc don't drop easily catchable balls. TO has probably dropped more than most. Most receivers don't concentrate hard enough on the easy balls. The difference is they catch the hard ones.

Having said all that I do think Chambers is having a bad year. He has gotten thrown to more than in the past and has dropped more than he should. He seems to be not concentrating this year as he has in the past. While he has to take responsiblity for that the coaching staff also has to take responsibility for not doing something about it. Chris has the talent, the coaches just need to get him to keep his head in the game all the time.

What did cost us the game AGAIN is the play calling. While Frerotte miraculously had a decent day and we had a lot of yards the play calling still sucked. NE's defense was horrible we should have had a lot more than we did. Why can't Sabin understand that Ronnie cannot be stopped for less than 2 yards. Again he averages 5 yrds or more/carry and we throw 4 times in a row inside the 10 yard line. GIVE RONNIE THE BALL inside the 10 yard line!~!

Any team that can pass the ball? We looked like we were passing it well yesterday. I'm no guskateer but I'd say Gus stepped up to the plate. CC needs to be the weapon he's paid to be. He's inconsistent. If I were Chris I'd expect one of two things to happen if he doesn't get with the program real quick. Either he's going to be forced to take a pay cut and a diminished role next year. OR, he'll get traded.

Call me Nostradamus if you want. But just remember you heard it here first.

he had 2 TD's who else scored??? granted he could have made those couple of catches but those are not " hit in the numbers" passes he was diving and sliding to make catches...just compare his numbers to the his draft WR's and then you will be very quiet...and keep in mind that he has played in one of the worst offenses the past few years....

BALLS DEEP said:
NO AGAIN! Dude, I know you're still kinda new here so let me break it down for you. On this board are subjects. These subjects are called threads. In these threads people speak on the subject matter. In this case the subject matter is CC caught 6 of 14 passes. It wasn't about the D or Reggie Howard. It was about CC missing 8 catches.

I have played team sports. I've played Football, soccer and baseball. In every case if I had played like CC did yesterday I would be benched for the following game. I would then sit there on the bench and take one for the TEAM.

So to help you, I've broken it down YOUR way. Consider it a handy reminder.

A thread weaves it's way around a subject and member response in kind. People are continually calling out one person as "The reason we lost the game" YOU posted how many drops Chambers had which is obviously going to bring out the Chamber haters. It sounds like you want to control the board and everone's posts, good luck with that. How long I've been on the board doesn't matter, your senority obviously haven't brought you wisdom. If you don't like where I'm coming from don't bother posting whinny crap like stay on the subject.

Lee2000 said:
I know you don't want to hear this, but no one player really cost you the game. It always is a series of plays or a decision here or there; a team loses a game, not a single player. Dolphin fans are always looking for a goat. I have been a fan since 1973 and I swear Dolphin fans have always looked for a goat. Teams lose, not a single player.

Lee2000

what forum was around in the 70s that gave you the info to determine that? Dolphin fans aren't used to losing seasons back to back, its a first for me and I have been a fan since 78.

Fineas said:
It is a remarkable coincidence that Hines Ward's dramatic decline from elite receiver to scrub (1 catch for 12 yards) coincided with the insertion of Charlie Batch into the lineup, even though it was against the worst defense in the league (GB). I guess Hines Ward doesn't have any heart because he failed to "fight" for more receptions.

8 catches, 124 yards, 1td. Charlie Batch as QB.

Next.

finfan54 said:
Whatever. TO doesnt drop balls. And he knows how to run a route. He also knows how to score TD's from anywhere on the field. Cancer? I say just pay him the money he deserves cus I am sick to my stomach watching guys who cant earn there dough.

TO does drop balls, after 7 games before he was suspended, he was tied for the league lead with Chad Johnson.

Canadianfishfan said:
Chambers was a 3rd Rd pick.. perhaps we're expecting too much. Wasn't Fletcher drafted ahead of him? May that tells us something?

Chambers was a second round pick. Steve Smith was a 3rd round pick. Chad Johnson was also a second round pick.

All from the same draft.

Back
Top Bottom