Merged: All T.O. Trade Threads | Page 97 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: All T.O. Trade Threads

?

• Total voters
who said that law chose jets over us? i ehard the issue was money reasons so we didnt go after him b/c he woudl want about 8mill.

Ty Law is a must for us. He'd be a great pickup and would fit in well with our defense. As for TO I just don't see us getting him. Our team is starting to become great together and TO would probably just ruin all of that. Cowboys in my opinion have the best shot at him. I also saw on there it said Williams could possibly be in a package to move up and get Leineart. Williams has been my favorite player since he's been in college. To see him leave would be very sad , but we gotta do what we gotta do.

T.O and Law would be excellent additions. I would really like to get Culpepper aswell. These off-season predictions are sounding better and better! :)

KB21 said:
I didn't even read a post in this thread, but the title of this thread just screamed for a response by me.

It's very difficult for me to see why in the hell any of you would want Terrell Owens. I simply don't see it.

What's the deal? Are you honestly naive enough to believe that TO is going to suddenly become a team player and not cause any problems?

Newsflash! HE'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE! He is what he is. I'm tired of talking about it. Let him go on his merry way, and let some other clubhouse be the one that is wrecked due to him.

This guy is a cancer. We in the medical field define cancer as abnormal cellular growth that has absolutely NO BENEFIT to the host, and it can impede the function of the normal cells.

That's what T.O. is. A cancer that will do more harm than good to any team he goes to.

No, just naive enough to notice that the Eagles came within 3-4 points of winning the super bowl despite (perhaps even, BECAUSE OF?) the presence of this "cancer"

Im really happy that we are playing good and causing people to want to play for Miami.

Jaj said:
He's also said that he doesn't care of complete overachievers who have no talent to give to a team...

Randy Moss is also another big possibility ;)

So, what exactly does this have to do with Terrell Owens? He's talented, sure, but is is pretty clear to anyone who has paid attention Saban doesnt want someone around here who is a "Me-first" type player. Troubled players are fine. Just not the kind of trouble Owens brings.

Let's just put aside the fact that Owens clearly does not jibe with the mental mold... Let's go onto the financial and logistical aspects.

If we spend big money on Owens, not only are we spending that money, but we are wasting money we spent on Chambers. Chambers has only been successful just recently when we have fed him the ball. He's been much less successful when we dont send a bunch of passes in his direction. Chambers is going to very likely not produce up to his big contract with a #1 target. Not to mention feeding another #1 type reciever who is going to demand the ball selfishly and publically on a team with Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown, Randy McMichael, and possibly Marty Booker.

The money would be better spent.

scenaria said:
your all crazy about culpepper.. the guy went down with some really serious injuries... I dont think I would very comfortable with him unless he had a solid year of playing after those injuries..

:yeahthat:

T.O. can be a Dolphin u know why???? T.O. on 1 side and Chambers on the other side. Whats that tell u right there??? It tells u that with the talent of terrel owens, owens teaching chambers on the sideline showing him techniqs, and giving him advice will make chambers a better wr that he is today. Plus, T.O. can bring a team to a super bowl, he is a top 3 reciever in the league just look at the stats. Now, on to adding a QB. Trading Ricky Williams is a bad idea. Williams just came back from taking 1 year off from football. Look at his progress so far 4 touchdowns already. With him and Ronnie in the backfield the dolphins will be dominate. Ricky williams is a force saban should keep him. If u want to trade a dolphin trade madison and your 1st round pick for Vince Young or they could get there Qb via by trade. QB by trade i would take mcnair,culpepper, & Brooks because they all would be better then any QB we have on our team right now.

Wow, maybe we can start calling our team the Miami free agents or the house of guys that have trouble with other teams or are too hurt to play.I'm so glad NIck's in charge...some people on this board play madden and fantasy football way too much.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

southjerzmastax said:
T.O. can be a Dolphin u know why???? T.O. on 1 side and Chambers on the other side. Whats that tell u right there??? It tells u that with the talent of terrel owens, owens teaching chambers on the sideline showing him techniqs, and giving him advice will make chambers a better wr that he is today. Plus, T.O. can bring a team to a super bowl, he is a top 3 reciever in the league just look at the stats. Now, on to adding a QB. Trading Ricky Williams is a bad idea. Williams just came back from taking 1 year off from football. Look at his progress so far 4 touchdowns already. With him and Ronnie in the backfield the dolphins will be dominate. Ricky williams is a force saban should keep him. If u want to trade a dolphin trade madison and your 1st round pick for Vince Young or they could get there Qb via by trade. QB by trade i would take mcnair,culpepper, & Brooks because they all would be better then any QB we have on our team right now.

ALSO LAW AND BLY WOULD BE NICE FREE AGENT PICKUPS!!!

southjerzmastax said:
T.O. "Hey Nick, don't you dare call any pass plays to CC,just trow me the ball on every down and don't even bother to run the football, just trow it to me everytime....in the end if we don't win, blame someone else" :shakeno:

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

ckparrothead said:
No, just naive enough to notice that the Eagles came within 3-4 points of winning the super bowl despite (perhaps even, BECAUSE OF?) the presence of this "cancer"

T.O. sucked the very life out of the Eagles this year. I feel Saban can take us to the Super Bowl with guys that are team players not me players.

Anyway, about the premise of the thread, I thought some of those insider headlines were kind of interesting. We already know that Mortenson went on record saying he's about 90% sure that TO will be a Dolphin. Take that with a grain of salt cuz I'm not even sure where Mort came out with that from (could originate straight from his alimentary canal).

The Aaron Brooks thing seems like speculation too, but makes sense given Brooks' arm strength, mobility, and size compared with what Linehan likes. There was a good blurb in there about packaging Ricky Williams to trade up for Leinart, but again seems like speculation.

I did think that it was interesting that Ty Law is hoping Miami puts together an offer that brings him home. That would be pretty nice, would allow us to trade/cut Madison.

Personally, if I'm looking for a guy that fits Linehan's offense and could probably run it a little better than Gus, I would be looking at Kerry Collins. Hey, I know the guy is WAY less than perfect, but we're looking at IMPERFECT options at this point. He has a big arm, completes deep passes, and if you protect the dude and run the ball he's probably going to win the game.

IdahoPhin said:
T.O. sucked the very life out of the Eagles this year. I feel Saban can take us to the Super Bowl with guys that are team players not me players.

Well, I suppose the argument could go around in circles all day, but the Eagles' problems this season ran WAY deeper than T.O. and that's all I will say. You know, considering the Patriots started out with pretty mixed results, but are bringing it back now, I wonder if the fact that Donovan McNabb is out for the year is what's holding the Eagles from bringing it back like the Pats did. I wonder if the Patriots are blaming their early season failures on the poor attitudes of Duane Starks and David Terrell.

Back
Top Bottom