MERGED: Anyone watch Bills game | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Anyone watch Bills game

Phinzone said:
Be careful what you say about my boy Feeley. You'll be on the receiving end of his arm for a few years here :D

I agree. Clements and Mcgee will be on the recieving end and will grateful for a few years . :D

they are right. Losman was our 2nd 1st pick (that's 1 pick already used) plus we gave up a second and a 5th.

It's a matter of wording? All we did was trade Cowpokes 1st draft this year with our 1st pick next year and paid them a 2nd and 5th from this year for doing so.

It's not like we gave up a 2nd for a 3rd stringer from some other team :lol:

BuffRangePigpen said:
Mathematically, you're thinking is very flawed.

You are treating the 1st in 2005 differently than the 1st in 2004 in your equation.

Rewriting your equation using the number for the round the pick occurs in:

1st + 2nd + 5th = 1st

2nd + 5th = 1st - 1st

1st's cancel out, and you're left with 2nd + 5th as the difference from the trade

Thankyou for proving the point. :)

I'm not treating anything different. Just count the number of draft picks spent on a player:

Evans = 1 pick
Losman = 3 picks

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
BUFFALO TRADED THEIR 2004 2ND AND 5TH ROUND PICKS FOR THE RIGHT TO USE THEIR 2005 FIRST ROUNDER ONE YEAR EARLY.

DALLAS DID NOT HAVE A 1ST ROUND PICK THIS YEAR. THEY HAVE 2 NEXT YEAR.

BUFFALO HAD 2 FIRST RD. PICKS THIS YEAR. THEY HAVE NONE NEXT YEAR.

THIS AINT ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE!!!

They still used 3 picks on Losman. Cut it up any way you want, it still adds up to 3.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Interesting that you didn't mention Vincent........
For years to come means our future. Vincent is getting old. Mcgee will replace him when the time comes.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
They still used 3 picks on Losman. Cut it up any way you want, it still adds up to 3.
yup, it was 3. Bills fans confuse it as giving up 3 and got nothing in return. We gave up 3 picks and got their 1st pick this year in return.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Like in week three this year?
haha! Hopefully not. :mad:

Implications seem to say that when Mcgee is ready Vincent would me moved to safety. :confused:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I'm not treating anything different. Just count the number of draft picks spent on a player:

Evans = 1 pick
Losman = 3 picks
So what's your point?

Losman = 3 picks. #22 we used plus a 2nd and a 5th.

Dallas's player X next year will = 2 picks. # whatever it turns out to be, plus the 1st they traded to Buffalo.

Justasportsfan said:
yup, it was 3. Bills fans confuse it as giving up 3 and got nothing in return. We gave up 3 picks and got their 1st pick this year in return.

Exactly.

Losman looked pretty good. He showed he can take a hit. Got his bell rung big time by a blitzing LB. Looked a little woozy but stayed in.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Yes, but thats not the point were making. The point were making is that we didnt lose a 1st rounder.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Exactly.

Losman looked pretty good. He showed he can take a hit. Got his bell rung big time by a blitzing LB. Looked a little woozy but stayed in.
he's a year away.

Rothlesberger (i would hate to be beside Cowhart when he says that) and Henson were equally impressive .

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
Yes, but thats not the point were making. The point were making is that we didnt lose a 1st rounder.
we did lose a first rd. but what he doesn't say is that we gained it back to play w/ you . :lol: relax. You are both right.

BuffRangePigpen said:
Dallas's player X next year will = 2 picks. # whatever it turns out to be, plus the 1st they traded to Buffalo.

:smackhead:

NO! Dallas's player next year will have cost them their first this year minus the 2nd and 5th they received from the Bills.

Dallas started with 1 pick and will end up with three players (two chosen this year and one chosen next year),

The Bills started with three picks and ended up with one player.

Back
Top Bottom