Merged: Art Shell for President, Saban's Miami Coaching Staff, etc | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Art Shell for President, Saban's Miami Coaching Staff, etc

BringBackShula said:
Isn't that a good reason?? Or better yet....

Can anyone name a successfull COllege coach that moved to the NFL and had success?? I can't think of one...

Of course JJ and don't forget Bill Walsh.

Agua said:
He's got to realize no one is going to fool with him, ever again, if he turns this down. It's now or never in the NFL for him.
You're kidding right ? If he turns the Dolphins down, his name will be thrown around at the very next opening, and the one after that, and so on.

Just like if Ricky ever gets things settled with the Dolphins someone will give him another chance. The rewards/desire for winning in the NFL are too great to not take risks.

I think it is a matter of getting the contract finalized and then signed. I doubt they would have announced they had offered Saban the job if he was not going to accept it.

NorFlaFin said:
Never, EVER, underestimate the effect of family(especially the wife) on a man's potential employment.

All things considered, I think Saban still comes to Miami

I agree. i think he knows that Miami would be the right career move, but he's also got an obligation to his family.

He has a cosy job at LSU where he is loved by fans (and has a fat contract), his family love baton rouge, etc. Some things are more important in life..

I believe (hope) he'll come to miami tho.

Fans of the other teams don't want Saban as our coach because they know they will be looking UP at us in the standings from now on.

If we get this guy we will be THE team to beat. It is a no-brainer. OF COURSE fans in other places don't want us to get him.

ohall said:
I think it is a matter of getting the contract finalized and then signed. I doubt they would have announced they had offered Saban the job if he was not going to accept it.

They wouldn't have offered it if Sexton hadn't indicated that it would work, or met everything Saban wanted. That's my point. He's had 8 days to think about what he wanted to do. He doesn't need to look at a contract, in hand, for 8 days to know if he wants to go to a job that meets all the requirements he was asking for.

sn9ke.eyes said:
You're kidding right ? If he turns the Dolphins down, his name will be thrown around at the very next opening, and the one after that, and so on.

Just like if Ricky ever gets things settled with the Dolphins someone will give him another chance. The rewards/desire for winning in the NFL are too great to not take risks.

There's no way Saban will remain a highly sought after coach from college. There are only so many times someone can turn down an offer. Plus he's 53, each year that passes his window of opportunity closes.

RW's will never play NFL football again, even if he wants to.

I don't think there is any1 else out there who is able to turn this franchise around and in2 a legit super bowl contender in a short period of time./

BringBackShula said:
Hey..I'm not doubting the guy..I'm just not that familiar with what he's done..WHat Pro job did he hold in the league? Was he successfull? And isn't Saban defensive minded? I though we were in desperate need of Offense.
Did you know Brian Billick (Ravens) was a hot O coordinator when he left Minnesota, and look at Tony Dungy a Defensive guru when he was hired, my point is he will bring in an OC he of course will dictate the style of the offense but just because he knows Defense does not mean we wont have an aggressive Offense.

Agua said:
They wouldn't have offered it if Sexton hadn't indicated that it would work, or met everything Saban wanted. That's my point. He's had 8 days to think about what he wanted to do. He doesn't need to look at a contract, in hand, for 8 days to know if he wants to go to a job that meets all the requirements he was asking for.

Yup, I just think they are hammering out all the lil final details. Doesn't the NFL have to see the contract and approve it as well? I'm certain there are legal hurdles that they have to jump over before they can announce Saban is the HC for the Miami Dolphins. Plus it is only 8:33 there right now right?

HE really can't say much more without risking upseting Saban or Bates and the team. He can't get into contract info or other candidates so i am cool with what he said.

LoL the Huizenga sure beats around the bush there. I mean what a long statement!

:D

I say we will know for sure 1 way or the other by the middle of the day today. NONE, not Saban, not wayne, not LSU is going to want to have this lingering going intot he Holiday. I say we will "know" by today, even if it is not "officially announced" until Monday.

Back
Top Bottom