Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

Alex22 said:
Boomer or CK

Well with reports that Vince Young scored a 6 on his Wonderlic test im wondering how much stock do you put into it?

I find the test very stupid as it doesnt measure what you do or how much football knowledge you have on the field, but Id like to know how much you guys put into it?

In lamest terms do you think the test is stupid

I put a lot of stock in it, especially for a QB. A 6 is a hideous score. Absolutely hideous. I already had him falling down to around the 16-18 area if he got past St Louis, but the score highlights the appalling advice he's been getting since declaring. His standing up of major corporate sponsors was bad enough, but this.........it could well precipitate a move to WR. He should have stayed at Texas for his senior year because scouts are finding him out BIG TIME.

To not even practise doing a Wonderlich.......scary. 6. I think you get a 2 just for getting your name right.

Lazy1 said:
How could you say someone that was projected high first round should now change his position because of a test... I think the test should have some significance but i wouldnt put too much into it. I agree that it is hard reading a playbook, but it is something that young has been doing since he was a freshmen in highschool, so what the guy isnt good at adding fractions but the man can play football, this goes alot with my belive that young will be a great qb, however it will take him longer to develope than most other qb's.

KB has had Young downgraded a while. A LONG while. For a month now, CK and I - and you can check this thread - have been saying he is a mid 1st rounder and that he's being found out and that's what's happening. It's a litany of ****-ups from Team Vince Young and it's a cliche but the NFL means Not For Long. How many coaches can wait 3 years for him to develop into an NFL passer?

ckb2001 said:
So, the wonderlic test doesn't consist of questions specific to football? (I'm asking cuz I don't know)

No. It just tests mental aptitude. Or lack thereof.

Dolfan2788 said:
This doesn't really affect the fins much because I don't think we will take a RB on the first day but if CK or Boomer could give their opinion, it'd be appreciated.

The 4 top rated RB's in the draft aren't going to run at the combine. I didn't really think that Reggie would run and maybe not LenDale either because their pro days are on April and that gives them another month to workout and get ready but I am extremely surprised and astounded that Maroney and Williams aren't running.

I think Maroney came down with a hamstring injury(?) but I was just thinking that if they all declined to run don't you think it would open the door for White, Maroney or Williams to move up a few spots. I'm just really surprised that none of them after hearing the others weren't running, stepped up like Cutler and recognised a golden opportunity when they saw it.

I would have also thought that they would have learnt from Caddy and Ronnie from doing the combine and how much they improved their stock.

LenDale said he was way too heavy in the Rose Bowl after a heavy Christmas and I think he's working to get himself into the best physical shape possible. I personally think that all the tests should be mandatory, but it's his prerogative not to work out.

Maroney's hammy is the reason Laurence isn't going to work out and I think that DeAngelo proved beyond all doubt just how big league he is in Mobile. I think more than ANYONE he's earned the right to work out on his pro day rather than in Indy.

ckparrothead said:
Supposedly Maroney's hammy is genuinely injured...but you're right in that another guy used this opportunity to make his mark and will now be a first rounder, maybe above Maroney.

That guy is Joseph Addai...out of LSU. He's a powerful back with good all-around skills a la Ronnie Brown (blocking, catching, etc). Well he just went out there and ran two straight 4.37's in the 40 at 5'11" and 214 pounds. That's SMOKING, let me tell you. These are ELECTRONIC times...and remember that electronically Ronnie and Caddy timed out at like 4.46 last year. Brian Calhoun got 4.63 and 4.60, as an example. Maurice Drew was 4.47 and 4.43. That should give you good perspective on Addai.

I think Joseph Addai has firmly moved himself into round 1 of this draft and quite possibly above Maroney...so if Maroney actually could have run, he did do himself a disservice by not going out there and giving it a go.

I have had Addai in round 2 for a while, but today has been a good day for him. A very good day. New England are known to be big fans. The way Scott Pioli and Bill Belichick play the draft board, it wouldn't surprise me if they engineered a shift down for picks and selected Addai.

HelloMotto said:
If vince Young scored a 6 on the wonderlic test is it possible that he could drop to the second round.??? would we take him in the second ???

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Nick Saban WILL NOT allow the QB situation to be an issue at the end of April. I FIRMLY, FIRMLY believe that he and Randy Mueller will do everything within their powers to make Drew Brees the Dolphins new passer. Thus, I think a day 2 passer - a guy like Kellen Clemens who had a tremendous workout and who we have shown strong interest in - might be the sort of guy. I now believe Vince Young to be well off Miami's radar.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
CK, WR Chad Jackson just clocked two unofficial 40' times of 4.37 and 4.29 (edit: official 4.32)....you sure we dont target him at #16?

Still too high for me. Yes there is a confirmed interest, but not when we have bigger holes and better value picks that will be there.

Ace88 said:
For the draft guru's out there.....where exactly do you see Omar Jacobs going? Do you think he will be there when we are up with our 4th round pick?

Ace, he is the Edward Scissorhands of mechanics. I know Omar would like to play for Miami, but I don't see it. He CAN play, but I watch his games and his mechanics ............damn.

finsfan_84 said:
What about marcus vick would u be willing to take a chance on him? The kid obviously has skills, and if hes gonna drop low y not take a chance on him

Personally no. He has NEVER struck me as a legitimate NFL prospect. Less so since the Dumervil issue, which took Bush League to a whole new level.

PhinsRDbest said:
Sup, Boom and CK I dont know if this was anwsered a while back but thats alot of posts to look at. I was wondering what are your guys thoughts on Matt Roth. How do you guys see him fitting into our system? Could he lose wieght and play a Linebacker. Gain wieght and play a 3-4 DE? Will he just play on passing downs to rush the passer sorta like David Bowens last year?

Hey mate....I DEFINITELY answered this one early on!!

Jimi said:
Hey guys, this year ive followed USF pretty closley. Im a big Andre Hall fan and was wodering were you guys saw him going?

Can he slip into the 2nd round? I know hes undersized but he runs like hes 250. I heard he ran a very impressive 40 as well.

We're fans, CK especially. I think early to mid 3rd. Love the hands on the kid and his workouts were excellent. He can get to the corner, he has a low centre of gravity and hits the hole with some pop.

Personally though I am very strongly of the opinion that Ricky will play an entire season for Miami, meaning taking a TB will be null and void.

Boomer,

Since it looks like neither Cutler nor Huff will be available at 16, and Vince Young will more than likely not be on our radar (if he falls as far as you,CK, and myself believe), who do you think we should draft if we don't trade down?

Should we go after a CB Antonio Cromartie(who, if healthy, would be the best CB in the draft), Ashton Youboty, or Tye Hill? Or should we go for Ko Simpson?

Boomer said:
Ace, he is the Edward Scissorhands of mechanics. I know Omar would like to play for Miami, but I don't see it. He CAN play, but I watch his games and his mechanics ............damn.

Mayouck was about to criticize his mechanics until he saw his accuracy. Maybe he could work out.

ChambersWI said:
Boomer,

Since it looks like neither Cutler nor Huff will be available at 16, and Vince Young will more than likely not be on our radar (if he falls as far as you,CK, and myself believe), who do you think we should draft if we don't trade down?

Should we go after a CB Antonio Cromartie(who, if healthy, would be the best CB in the draft), Ashton Youboty, or Tye Hill? Or should we go for Ko Simpson?

I have Cromartie as a firm option...Winston Justice a firm option as well. If Greenway somehow slipped the cracks, definitely (but he won't). Jimmy Williams is also a decent option to be a safety. Broderick Bunkley and Gabe Watson are two guys Boomer, KB, and I like...Boomer thinks Bunkley fits better, I think Watson fits better, but it's like saying do you like peperoni or sausage on your pizza...can't go wrong with either it's just a matter of taste. Manny Lawson should be an option by draft day. Marcus McNeil could be an option if his back checks out ok. Bobby Carpenter it is hard to say if he's going to make the rise up the draft boards we predicted. Demeco Ryans is a guy the three of us all like but there's disagreement on whether or not we think Saban would take him (I don't think he would, Boomer does). If Haloti Ngata fell (he shouldn't) he'd have to be a very strong consideration. KB21 likes Chad Jackson as a possible #16 selection.

If I had to guess tho I'd say Justice, Cromartie, Bunkley, Watson, Greenway, or Jimmy Williams.

Back
Top Bottom