Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

Lazy1 said:
How could you say someone that was projected high first round should now change his position because of a test... I think the test should have some significance but i wouldnt put too much into it. I agree that it is hard reading a playbook, but it is something that young has been doing since he was a freshmen in highschool, so what the guy isnt good at adding fractions but the man can play football, this goes alot with my belive that young will be a great qb, however it will take him longer to develope than most other qb's.

If Young was a defensive tackle, then yeah who cares about the test. your QB needs to have the ability to read and retain the playbook. Too much money is invested in QB's to take a chance on a guy who can't get better than a 6 on the test. Take it some time, it is really a pretty easy test.

burghPhinFan said:
Mayouck was about to criticize his mechanics until he saw his accuracy. Maybe he could work out.

The accuracy on Omar is great. He always gets the ball about where it's supposed to be. I don't like the touch on his deep passes, they don't quite drop in over the outside shoulder like they should. The mechanics are super choppy but the arm mechanics don't bug me much because the ball gets where it needs to go. The foot mechanics bother the crap out of me though...as well as the gobs and gobs of bad decisions coupled with the possibility that the offense was a little more responsible for his stats than he was.

CD13 said:
If Young was a defensive tackle, then yeah who cares about the test. your QB needs to have the ability to read and retain the playbook. Too much money is invested in QB's to take a chance on a guy who can't get better than a 6 on the test. Take it some time, it is really a pretty easy test.

Here's some color on just how bad it is to score a 6 on the wonderlic. Mike Florio at PFT had his 3rd grader son take the 15 question sample wonderlic and gave him a 5 minute time limit. His son got 5 questions right...one short of Vince's whole score, in less than half the time and with only a third of the questions.

A third grader.

I know this doesn't have much if anything to do with the Dolphins but I just want to say that I think Vince Young will be a great player. He is a once in a life time player, he has superior skills and is an absolute gamer. Do you agree?

ckparrothead said:
Here's some color on just how bad it is to score a 6 on the wonderlic. Mike Florio at PFT had his 3rd grader son take the 15 question sample wonderlic and gave him a 5 minute time limit. His son got 5 questions right...one short of Vince's whole score, in less than half the time and with only a third of the questions.

A third grader.
I wouldn't put much into the wonderlic test, I think the test is meaningless. lots of good players have done bad on it

Boom or CK,
I was wondering your thoughts on the Auburn receivers that ran today, Mix and Aromashadu are. I would like to add a big vertical threat to the offense but was wondering what round you project these two. Also I was wondering how strong of an interest Miam is showing if any at all for Davin Joesph.

ckparrothead said:

A third grader.

Yeah a 6 is terrible. That is like when you took a test in high school, had no idea any of the answers, didn't care to know either, and just marked in the circle randomly, making a design for fun. I got all the questions right on the tes, but I am an engineer and can barely throw a spiral. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Anyway if we drafted this guy I would be real disappointed.

CD13 said:
Yeah a 6 is terrible. That is like when you took a test in high school, had no idea any of the answers, didn't care to know either, and just marked in the circle randomly, making a design for fun. I got all the questions right on the tes, but I am an engineer and can barely throw a spiral. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Anyway if we drafted this guy I would be real disappointed.
why? the wonderlic means nothing in the NFL, too much stock is put into it

ckparrothead said:

A third grader.

I don't buy it. Mike Florio's son must be really smart beacause I doubt Vince Young isn't smarter than an average 3rd grader, he spent three seasons at a good university like Texas.

also, according to Young the coaches he has talked to say his throwing motion is fine and I agree. he is too tall for his motion to be a issue

SackArtist said:
I don't buy it. Mike Florio's son must be really smart beacause I doubt Vince Young isn't smarter than an average 3rd grader, he spent three seasons at a good university like Texas.

take any of the sample tests. They're high school problems.

nick1 said:
I know this doesn't have much if anything to do with the Dolphins but I just want to say that I think Vince Young will be a great player. He is a once in a life time player, he has superior skills and is an absolute gamer. Do you agree?

nope. There are plenty of QBs in college football that have similar athleticism to Young, and similar arm strength, but don't get hype because their teams sucked.

motioncityhifi said:
Boom or CK,
I was wondering your thoughts on the Auburn receivers that ran today, Mix and Aromashadu are. I would like to add a big vertical threat to the offense but was wondering what round you project these two. Also I was wondering how strong of an interest Miam is showing if any at all for Davin Joesph.

Boomer's a big fan of Aromashadu, I am a big fan of Anthony Mix. I think Anthony Mix will need to move back to WR in the NFL, and if he needs to drop some weight he needs to drop some weight. Even at his considerable current weight (above 250 pounds) he ran an unofficial 4.45 at the Combine. I think Saban has indeed already spoken with Mix...and I see him a very strong 3rd/4th round possibility.

Please don't turn this into a Vince Young thread... there are several threads about it over in the draft section.

This thread is for a very specific purpose... and I have enjoyed reading it. But if your name isn't Boomer or CK, please take the arguments to their respective threads.

Thanks.

ChambersWI said:
nope. There are plenty of QBs in college football that have similar athleticism to Young, and similar arm strength, but don't get hype because their teams sucked.
I doubt that, he's 6 foot 6 in.. he is very strong, is very fast and mobile. I have never seen a player with such a will to win as this guy. he knows what it takes to win and does whatever it is. he is a once in a lifetime player, just watch

Back
Top Bottom