Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

Hey boom....thanks for answering all our questions...What is the one guy, realistically being there at 16, that you would absolutely love the Dolphins to get??? Regardless of positionAlso, what round draft pick do you think we can get for Ricky??? Some people say 2nd day pick some say higher bc of his low salary.Your thoughts are appreciated!

Another QB many have talked about recently is Matt Schaub. I personally want this guy in a Fins uniform next year. Some ppl argue that he plays in a West Coast offense and would not fit well in our system. He has a decent arm and great size. I'd give our 2nd rounder in a heartbeat for him, as I have him rated higher than both Croyle and Whitehurst, who would be our pick if we were going QB in the 2nd...Thoughts?

Boom,

Always refreshing to get your analysis. By the way, how's the little mate? Here's my question: Assuming we miss out on the "big 3" Qb's...Do you as the Fins GM take Croyle in the 2nd or Whitehurst in the 3rd? Tell us what you like and dis-like about him. Is he a viable option for us? Thanks as always!

PhinstiGator said:
Yo Boom...Your thoughts on VERNON DAVIS please.

And, do you see the Phins using more Tiger formation (double TE, 2 WR, & single back) this season?

Great player. Has huge skills. A little small, but is a strong possibility to gp at 11.

I think you'll see us use a lot more different offensive sets as we try and work the mismatches. I expect to see Ronnie down the field more on wheel routes, some more middle screens, etc.

trate121hb said:
Hey boom....thanks for answering all our questions...What is the one guy, realistically being there at 16, that you would absolutely love the Dolphins to get??? Regardless of positionAlso, what round draft pick do you think we can get for Ricky??? Some people say 2nd day pick some say higher bc of his low salary.Your thoughts are appreciated!

Antonio Cromartie. Best corner in the draft. Ridiculous physical talent.

For Ricky? A 3rd. Don't see it being higher personally. Peter King at CNNSI thinks a 4th. I don't see value in a 3rd which is why you keep him. We're better with him than without.

trate121hb said:
Another QB many have talked about recently is Matt Schaub. I personally want this guy in a Fins uniform next year. Some ppl argue that he plays in a West Coast offense and would not fit well in our system. He has a decent arm and great size. I'd give our 2nd rounder in a heartbeat for him, as I have him rated higher than both Croyle and Whitehurst, who would be our pick if we were going QB in the 2nd...Thoughts?

Schaub has been floated as a possible. The Jets seem interested as well, but Matt is clearly a guy whose stock is rising. It seems as though a 2nd will be the asking price, or even a late 1 a la Matt Hasslebeck. Remember though that the slight adjustments to his motion have seemingly increased his arm strength, as witnessed against the Patriots and Atlanta really doesn't run much of a West coast attack.

But if we're taking a QB in the 2nd, then Croyle is the logical choice. A number of people have Reggie McNeal in the 2nd round - the Texans have been rumoured to be eyeing him at the top of R2 - but I think Croyle, for us, is the logical choice.

Finfanforever said:
Boom,

Always refreshing to get your analysis. By the way, how's the little mate? Here's my question: Assuming we miss out on the "big 3" Qb's...Do you as the Fins GM take Croyle in the 2nd or Whitehurst in the 3rd? Tell us what you like and dis-like about him. Is he a viable option for us? Thanks as always!

She's great thanks.

I take Croyle in the 2nd. I somehow have a feeling our QB situation will be worked out by draft day though. Croyle has a good arm, is a leader, can make all the throws, etc. The red flag is of course the knee injuries, but he proved in Mobile that he can play. Mid 2nd round is about where he'll come off the board.

Boomer said:
That's why Nick gets paid a lot of money. I think he'd have to have cojones of steel NOT to. Is it the right decision? I'm not sure. If you let him sit for a year or so, then maybe just maybe. I think I'd be surprised if we passed on him were he there.
If we were to get Young, do you think there's a possibility that McNair comes to us to tutor him, assuming the Titans take Cutler or Leinart?

Hey Boom,
I really enjoy hearing your input.

1) I heard you mention something about Willie Colon.. Who is he?

2) How far do you see Claude Wroten falling (I've heard all the way to Round 4 in some places)? Do you think Saban would take him as a DT/DE type?

3) Is Keith Ellison (OLB, Oregon State) as good as some are beginning to claim he is? Would he be a good fit in Miami?

Thanks

dlockz said:
Boomer posts mainly in the draft forum, Im sure any questions he would be glad to answer just please for the love of god do not disagree with him lol.
...NO DOUBT...

Croyle

Boomer said:
She's great thanks.

I take Croyle in the 2nd. I somehow have a feeling our QB situation will be worked out by draft day though. Croyle has a good arm, is a leader, can make all the throws, etc. The red flag is of course the knee injuries, but he proved in Mobile that he can play. Mid 2nd round is about where he'll come off the board.

I am concerned that Croyle won't be there for Miami in 2nd round. Let's assume:

Leinhart to New Orleans
Young to Tennessee
Cutler to Detroit.

In the 2nd round picking ahead of us are:
Jets
Raiders
Cardinals
Ravens
Vikings (if they get rid of Duante)

I would be very surprised to see Croyle fall past all of those teams.

In addition with latest rumor about Culpepper for a 2nd round pick. Why wouldn't you take a proven MVP player relatively young (recovering from a serious injury) over Croyle or any rookie. Even if Culpepper sits a year (like a rookie) you know what you are getting with Rookie QBs it is a crap shot

Hey Boomer,

Suppose that Cutler, Huff, Greenway, Justice and Cromartie (sp?) are off the board (including all the other obvious folks) when it's time to draft at #16. Who would you choose? Can you list three names you like other than the guys I listed? Would you consider them as value picks for the 16th overall?

Hey Boom,

Sounds as if you think Miami is going to be "fiscally" conservative in Free Agency this offseason, (based on your comments about Bentley, Hutchinson) am i wrong to assume that no "high priced FA's in Miami next year?

why do we see such a stir in the media regarding high profile players "reportedtly" coming to Miami?

who do you see us going after via Free Agency?

Based on What I have read so far your looking at primarily a defensive draft for us, does this mean we make most of our moves via free agency on the offensive side of the ball?

Any concern coming out of Miami about the "perception" that Miami is a top 5 team already going into the 06 season?

Boom,

What are your thoughts on Jon Scott from texas as our 1st pick in the draft if Cromartie is gone? Personally, I would like to see Cromartie or Scott in the 1st and Croyle in the second, what are you thoughts on the possibility of that?

shouright said:
If we were to get Young, do you think there's a possibility that McNair comes to us to tutor him, assuming the Titans take Cutler or Leinart?

It's a possibility. A lot has to happen first. I think the Titans will take Cutler, in part becasue Leinart will go 2, but also that they are just much higher on him than Young. He's doing all the right things to impress.

Back
Top Bottom