Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

Boomer said:
I think people are realising that the hype machine, in the cold light of day, isn't all its cracked up to be with regards Young. I think teams of scouts and coaches are now popping in the tapes and seeing that there are a lot of issues I personally believe Young will be on the board at 16.

I only saw Nealy once, so it's hard to make a fair comment about him. But he has some tools for sure and a good arm. He needs work and some things need refining, but he looked like he could play.
If you were Saban would you take him, and why or why not?

That's why Nick gets paid a lot of money. I think he'd have to have cojones of steel NOT to. Is it the right decision? I'm not sure. If you let him sit for a year or so, then maybe just maybe. I think I'd be surprised if we passed on him were he there.

Another q for anyone who wants to answer.

What do you guys think about Roger McIntosh? I know a little bit about him but would definitely like to get a valued opinion on him and whether or not he would be a good day 1 pick (3rd round) considering we don't pick up Peterson or draft an OLB before rd 3.

Hey Boomer,
I'm gald this is back. They should pay you for your contribution! It must take a lot of time & effort.

Why (or why not) Should Miami take E. Simms over say, Taitusi Lutui or MJG if the other targets are gone?
Also-

B.Croyle in the 2nd, 3rd? why or why not.

Dolfan2788 said:
Another q for anyone who wants to answer.

What do you guys think about Roger McIntosh? I know a little bit about him but would definitely like to get a valued opinion on him and whether or not he would be a good day 1 pick (3rd round) considering we don't pick up Peterson or draft an OLB before rd 3.

My issue is that he's very inconsistent and has injury problems. He has ideal size and the tools, but he's never put it together for me.

I'd say 2nd day pick, earlyish. If you can get him playing week in and week out, then he's a player.

Danny1339 said:
Hey Boomer,
I'm gald this is back. They should pay you for your contribution! It must take a lot of time & effort.

Why (or why not) Should Miami take E. Simms over say, Taitusi Lutui or MJG if the other targets are gone?
Also-

B.Croyle in the 2nd, 3rd? why or why not.

Sims is too small to play for Miami unless at S and that's unlikely, so I don't see that happening.

Croyle in the 2nd is where he'll likely end up. Why? Because the kid can play and that's where his stock is about now.

PaleAle Express said:
Boomer,

Any chance Gilles slips to us in the 2nd? I would love to see this guy in Aqua and Orange next year. He reminds me of Alan Fanecae from the Steelers.

I don't think so. To me he represents fundamental solidity at 16. He's one of my can't miss prospects for the selection meeting. A superior player.

Boomer said:
I think minimal credence. I think it'll be interesting to see who our official Combine interviews are with because that will give us as much information as anything else. News out of Miami's camp is absolutely less than minimal. I have a friend who works in and around the Dolphins media and who, in times of Wannstedt, used to give me all sorts of stuff. We've had exactly 1 conversation in about a year since Saban took over.

The OL is interesting because Hutchinson and Bentley will be $35+ million guys. Would Nick use that cash on a line that Hud Houck is coaching? Not sure. Both are great players, but both will command serious cash. I'd imagine more low level linemen will be the targets.

Starting QB could be anyone. Gus Frerrotte has a strong a chance as anyone. Look for Matt Schaub, David Garrard and Patrick Ramsey to all be possibles. I know CK thinks Charlie Batch might be an answer in the short term. Who knows?

What is your opinion of Ramsey. The skins want to deal him....I think he could be had for a 4th or 5th.....what do you think, Do the Dolphins really need yet another back up QB to be our starter?

Geauxfins said:
What is your opinion of Ramsey. The skins want to deal him....I think he could be had for a 4th or 5th.....what do you think, Do the Dolphins really need yet another back up QB to be our starter?

I like Ramsey - always have. I think he needs a change of scenery after being given a torrid time under Spurrier and in part under Gibbs.

Hey Boom... Vince Young still on the board at 16..? Mindblowing!

Had a general question... what/who were your biggest surprises last season for us... Good and Bad?

Thanks boss and I love the bold predictions...

:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Fish-Head said:
Hey Boom... Vince Young still on the board at 16..? Mindblowing!

Had a general question... what/who were your biggest surprises last season for us... Good and Bad?

Thanks boss and I love the bold predictions...

:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

It's just a feeling I get. I'm not the only one who shares it mind.

Good:
The OL was much better.
The DL rotation
Donnie Jones
1-2 TB punch
Manny Wright

Bad:
Inconsistency on offense
Not getting off the field on 3rd down
The losing streak
QB controversy is never healthy
Losing close games that would have put us in the playoffs - Falcons, Pats etc.

Hey Boom, 3 quick ones.....

1.) Have you heard anything about Boston's health and Is Saban gonna offer him another Min. deal?

2.) How do you think Bobby Carpenter would fit in to our defensive scheme, if he's there in the 2nd?

3.) I'm in the minority but I would love it if we signed Archulettta..he would be a huge upgrade at SS and likely not that expensive.

.your thoughts?

DBoston80 said:
Hey Boom, 3 quick ones.....

1.) Have you heard anything about Boston's health and Is Saban gonna offer him another Min. deal?

2.) How do you think Bobby Carpenter would fit in to our defensive scheme, if he's there in the 2nd?

3.) I'm in the minority but I would love it if we signed Archulettta..he would be a huge upgrade at SS and likely not that expensive.

.your thoughts?

I've not heard anything much I don't think. I get the impression that Saban would like to keep him IF he can contribute. Nick is all about the contribution.

Carpenter would be a great fit, but he won't last that long. He might be an outside shot at 16 if he works out well. He's a 1st rounder me thinks.

Archeluta was a player we almost drafted originally as an OLB in R1 - Wanny was trying to trade up to get him and failed. I think he WILL cost us some cash to be honest and I'm not sure he's that good.

Yo Boom...Your thoughts on VERNON DAVIS please.

And, do you see the Phins using more Tiger formation (double TE, 2 WR, & single back) this season?

Back
Top Bottom