Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

vt_dolfan said:
I for one am happy to have Boomer here, and am sick of sifting through the crud to read his posts. If you dont want to be constructive..please disregard this post.

How much credence should we put into any Miami rumor that will be floated in the press. Saban himself stated he would use mis information..so it makes it difficult to gauge if Miami would infact be interested in some of these available players. Some guys make huge sense..Like LeCharles Bently..Steve Hutchinson..(sp?)...but it seems like Championships are won with players other teams arent high on..then come in and perform at a top level.

Obviously would love to hear your prediction on our starting QB next year...but thats a given.

Again, thanks to Boomer for his answers and thanks to the rest of you for not turning this thread into a stupid pissing match.

I think minimal credence. I think it'll be interesting to see who our official Combine interviews are with because that will give us as much information as anything else. News out of Miami's camp is absolutely less than minimal. I have a friend who works in and around the Dolphins media and who, in times of Wannstedt, used to give me all sorts of stuff. We've had exactly 1 conversation in about a year since Saban took over.

The OL is interesting because Hutchinson and Bentley will be $35+ million guys. Would Nick use that cash on a line that Hud Houck is coaching? Not sure. Both are great players, but both will command serious cash. I'd imagine more low level linemen will be the targets.

Starting QB could be anyone. Gus Frerrotte has a strong a chance as anyone. Look for Matt Schaub, David Garrard and Patrick Ramsey to all be possibles. I know CK thinks Charlie Batch might be an answer in the short term. Who knows?

alexwr4 said:
Hey Boomer! I just want to say thanks for your reports here in the jungle!

Go phins!

No worries Alex.

adamprez2003 said:
Hey Boomer who as Dolphins fans should we look at in the later rounds

Adam, it all depends on what we do in the early rounds. I would think that adding talent to both lines would be an important 2nd day task. But it really depends on what we do on day 1.

It's a pleasure and refreshing to read what Boomer has to say and know that what is being reported is something we can count on to be as close to accurate as there is. Thank you for your contributions and for your help to all Dolphins fans Boomer!

tylerdolphin said:
Just wanted to say first of that I take your word over Mortenson, Jaws, ect.
I want to know what you think of Cutler. Is he THAT good? Worth trading up for?

Well thanks, but those guys are Pros. Mortenson is a hugely respected individual and Jaws similarly so. I'm just some guy.

Jay is a good player. He's on board the hype bus a little at the moment I think considering the issues he has with his game - mechanics, scatter gun accuracy at times, throwing off the back foot. But he has a big arm, is a leader and is clearly a talent that the NFL is keen to get its hands on. Anytime the name "Brett Favre" gets bandied around, then you know teams will start getting excited. Personally I will be surprised if he's NOT the pick of the Titans at 3. I think there are better players that will be available in and around the 16 slot than to try and deal all the way up into the top 3.

So no, if I was trading up for a player it would either be for Ferguson or Leinart.

Hey Boomer... do you think we will get TO?

JK

I wanted to know what you thought of DeJuan Green, he is a very talented runner from my local college that I haven't heard mentioned anywhere. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this guy is one of the best college RBs I've ever seen. I remember a game against UAB where he had so many long runs it was sickening,. Anyway, whats the buzz on him? Will he even be drafted? If so, in what round?

Boomer said:
I think minimal credence. I think it'll be interesting to see who our official Combine interviews are with because that will give us as much information as anything else. News out of Miami's camp is absolutely less than minimal. I have a friend who works in and around the Dolphins media and who, in times of Wannstedt, used to give me all sorts of stuff. We've had exactly 1 conversation in about a year since Saban took over.

The OL is interesting because Hutchinson and Bentley will be $35+ million guys. Would Nick use that cash on a line that Hud Houck is coaching? Not sure. Both are great players, but both will command serious cash. I'd imagine more low level linemen will be the targets.

Starting QB could be anyone. Gus Frerrotte has a strong a chance as anyone. Look for Matt Schaub, David Garrard and Patrick Ramsey to all be possibles. I know CK thinks Charlie Batch might be an answer in the short term. Who knows?

Great points on the OL coached by Houck...given what he did with the players we had last year....I would have to assume their are better players than that available that wouldnt cost as much as Hutch or Bailey. I also think Saban would love to build the O Line in the draft as well.

What do you think of Josh MCcown. As a UFA I think he makes an attractive target for the Phins....with a good bit of upside. Ive read where alot of people think he did as well last year because of the recievers he had....but he still had to get them the ball. I love the fact that we wouldnt have to give up anything to get him.

Pocoloco said:
Hey Boom,
Prior to Linehan's departure a ton of people on this board weren't very high on quarterbacks that didn't have big arms, because they didn't fit his vertical passing system.
How do you think the departure of Linehan changes our passing philosophy and, if it does, how might that change which quarterbacks we look at in the draft, free agency or trades?

Hola Pocoloco, que tal estas?

Good question. I think that the best thing that came from the Linehan departure was that Saban announced that the offense would essentially stay the same. Clearly there will be Mularkey wrinkles, but it'll be the same system. That has to benefit the players in here. So to that end I don't see it changing our philosophy that much. I still think they'll be looking at passers who can get the ball down the field. I don't see them all of a sudden thinking that a dink and dunk passer is the way forward. That's just not how it'll play out.

Dolfan1000 said:
Boomer, the potential signing of Polk from Houston just screams Dom Capers. Can you give your opinion of the guy? Backup or potential starter? Blitzer? ST player? Anything you know about him would be nice. Oh, and how much $ are we talking here? Thanks Boom!

I think he's probably a back-up, but he's quick, has Saban LB size at 6-2 and 242, can get after the QB - had 3.5 sacks last season and is a player whose stock has quietly risen the last couple of years. He played very solidly a year ago after being a FA pick up from Buffalo and I know that Capers is high on his ability and the way he is maturing as a player.

Crowder Rocks52 said:
Boomer, Usually all I do is read all the posts.Yours sir are the ones I look forward to reading.Thank you for your insight. I know it's early but, what do you hear of the dolphins intrest in Michael Huff? Thanks again

Thanks.

To be honest, I don't hear anything per se. But they will have to be very interested in a player that brings so much to the table. One of the premier players in the draft regardless of position, I think unfortunately he'll be long gone by the time we come to pick.

Great questions guys.... hopefully we can continue this line of posting and we can hope to have Boomer, KB21 and CK and any other of those in the know reply more often. Its so much better to read these types of posts without having to sift through the non sense......

Thanks for taken another swing with us in the Jungle Boom....hopefully you wont regret it.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Hey Boomer, what do you think about Manny Lawson. DO you think he could be an outstanding OLB in Saban's system? Thanks in advance.

I do yeah. My buddy CK and I think he could be Saban's Jason Taylor for the next decade. Outstanding player who was overshadowed somewhat by Mario Williams, he was excellent in Mobile in the LB drills and has to be viewed in a similar light to Ware and Merriman. I have seen him rated as highly as going to Cleveland in round 1 and would have to represent a strong option for Miami were he still to be on the board. His run play was better than some people thought and his ability off the edge is superb. You always worry about players that you're having to convert, especially when you spend such a high pick, but Lawson looks like he has the capability to man the sort of position that JT would have manned were he to have played full time in Saban's system.

dlockz said:
look if people have no sense of humor they need to look for one and I am not bashing Boomer I value his input as much as everyone elses. I'm not walking on eggshells just for one member. i think this speaks to the issue of the warning meter since you now accuse me of bashing Boomer. It was in jest as you said and knew. is it now a crime to joke on this board especially if its not malicious?

I know it was a joke dude. :tongue:

Hey Boom, good to see this thread back..

Just wanted to know what you thought about Tye Hill and Cromartie for Miami's 1st round pick. I really like Hill and think he will climb...do you think he'd climb to 16th pick status? Also, in regards to Cromartie, do you like he will be an impact player in the NFL or is he somewhat overrated?

fishfan34 said:
It's a pleasure and refreshing to read what Boomer has to say and know that what is being reported is something we can count on to be as close to accurate as there is. Thank you for your contributions and for your help to all Dolphins fans Boomer!

No worries at all mate.

Back
Top Bottom