Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Ask Boomer (No B.S. Wanted)

spydertl79 said:
Hey Boomer... do you think we will get TO?

JK

I wanted to know what you thought of DeJuan Green, he is a very talented runner from my local college that I haven't heard mentioned anywhere. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this guy is one of the best college RBs I've ever seen. I remember a game against UAB where he had so many long runs it was sickening,. Anyway, whats the buzz on him? Will he even be drafted? If so, in what round?

Hi mate. No I don't think we'll get TO.

I think Green is with the Raiders practice squad.

vt_dolfan said:
Great points on the OL coached by Houck...given what he did with the players we had last year....I would have to assume their are better players than that available that wouldnt cost as much as Hutch or Bailey. I also think Saban would love to build the O Line in the draft as well.

What do you think of Josh MCcown. As a UFA I think he makes an attractive target for the Phins....with a good bit of upside. Ive read where alot of people think he did as well last year because of the recievers he had....but he still had to get them the ball. I love the fact that we wouldnt have to give up anything to get him.

The problem with our line is that we have a lot of square pegs and round holes. Is DMac staying? Is he a LT or a RT? Is Hadnot a RG or C? Is Wade Smith a T or a C? Is Carey a LT, a RT or a RG? Just how good is Alabi? Until we know this, it makes it difficult to evaluate how we will act with high round players like Winston Justice or Max Jean Gilles.

Look for later round/FA guys like Willie Colon, who Houck scouted personally.

McCown.....is interesting. I'm just not sure I see him as starting material for us. I haven't seen enough of him in Arizona. He's under my radar.

HysterikiLL said:
Hey Boom, good to see this thread back..

Just wanted to know what you thought about Tye Hill and Cromartie for Miami's 1st round pick. I really like Hill and think he will climb...do you think he'd climb to 16th pick status? Also, in regards to Cromartie, do you like he will be an impact player in the NFL or is he somewhat overrated?

Cromartie is my number 1/2 rated player for our pick. Tragically I think he'll be gone. More on why later. Hill I like a lot, but is he too small? Nick likes both - a long dinner with Cromartie - but with Antonio seemingly blowing the wheels off in private workouts, he could go higher. He's a top 3 talent.

Boomer said:
Cromartie is my number 1/2 rated player for our pick. Tragically I think he'll be gone. More on why later. Hill I like a lot, but is he too small? Nick likes both - a long dinner with Cromartie - but with Antonio seemingly blowing the wheels off in private workouts, he could go higher. He's a top 3 talent.

Awesome Boom, thanks.

Keeping in tune with CB's, What's your opinion on Danieal Manning? I saw that guy a couple of times and really liked him. NFL Draft Countdown has him going in the 2nd round...do you see him as worthy of our 2nd round pick?

I have been waiting for this thread ever since the draft ended last year. Its always nice to read your thoughts Boomer. I have a couple of questions. First what do you think about Stephen Tulloch of NC State. I went to highschool with him and have followed his career. I think he is way under the radar and will be a steal for whoever gets him. My second question is about Jimmy Williams. I have seen alot of varying opinions about him and about where he will go. Lately it seems like he is sliding a bit and might be there for us to pick. I know he has great size and speed, but thats about all I know. Thanks again Boomer.

Hey.

This one is directed at CK, Boomer and KB. All your opinions would be great on these couple of q's.

I'd like to know what you guys think about Ernie Sims and if he could essentially project to safety/linebacker. I think he is such a playmaker and could be a Polamalu type of player that can line up in the secondary and LB corps.

Also I would like to know your opinions on us picking a very fast return/slot wr in this draft. Guys like Bloom, Sinorice Moss, Skyler Green and Devin Hester really interest me as home run hitters.

Thanks a heap.

HysterikiLL said:
Hey Boom, good to see this thread back..

Just wanted to know what you thought about Tye Hill and Cromartie for Miami's 1st round pick. I really like Hill and think he will climb...do you think he'd climb to 16th pick status? Also, in regards to Cromartie, do you like he will be an impact player in the NFL or is he somewhat overrated?

OK sorry, I had to go to work. Cromartie is in no way overrated. His potential is unmatched in this draft and his hips are as good as I've seen on a corner in maybe a decade. 6-3, 4.3 speed, etc. He could be criminally good. Without the ACL and with the continued improvement that he was showing, he would have been a top 5 pick at worst. As it is, he's getting close to the top 10.

Hill is just a really good player. Not sure he'll climb to 16 though.

Another guy who bears watching is Richard Marshall of Fresno St.

spydertl79 said:
Wow, I am really tired, I meant Andre Hall.

Small, great balance guy, who impressed at the Senior Bowl practices, showing nice hands. I think he's a mid day 2 pick. A hard worker who scouts were impressed with off the field. He's the ideal 3rd down back for someone. Doesn't have the great wheels. A pick for us? Unlikely when you look at how stacked we are at TB, down to 4th and 5th string.

HysterikiLL said:
Awesome Boom, thanks.

Keeping in tune with CB's, What's your opinion on Danieal Manning? I saw that guy a couple of times and really liked him. NFL Draft Countdown has him going in the 2nd round...do you see him as worthy of our 2nd round pick?

He's an interesting guy. Highly recruited, went to Nebraska but never signed, ended up at Abilene Christian. To be honest, I never saw him as we don't get many ACU games here in England, but I saw him start in the Shrine game and he did well. His versatility will help him because he can play at corner and at 209 he can play SS. He's considered a leader, and a special teams demon - I think 3 blocked kicks a year ago as well as a TD each on kick and punt returns.

In the Shrine game, he looked instinctive, a decent tackler, fundamentally sound and a player who could live with his man across the field. He could also play the ball. He'll be one of the more interesting stories in Indy. Scouts seemed really impressed with him at the Shrine practices and the Jets specifically are big fans. I see him as a 3rd rounder.

sports24/7 said:
I have been waiting for this thread ever since the draft ended last year. Its always nice to read your thoughts Boomer. I have a couple of questions. First what do you think about Stephen Tulloch of NC State. I went to highschool with him and have followed his career. I think he is way under the radar and will be a steal for whoever gets him. My second question is about Jimmy Williams. I have seen alot of varying opinions about him and about where he will go. Lately it seems like he is sliding a bit and might be there for us to pick. I know he has great size and speed, but thats about all I know. Thanks again Boomer.

Tulloch had a decent year for the Wolfpack. He's athletic, he's instinctive but I don't think he's big enough for our system. He gets decent depth on his drops in coverage, but whenever I saw him I thought he struggled at the point to get off blocks. It also helped him to have Mario Williams, Manny Lawson and John McCargo in front of him. I thought it was slightly odd decision to come out for him, but with the graduations ahead of him, perhaps he felt his stock would be at it's peak.

Jimmy Williams......wrote a long piece on him in the VIP. Good athlete, good kid, matured, just don't think he's a corner in the pros and I'm not sure how good a safety he'll be.

Dolfan2788 said:
Hey.

This one is directed at CK, Boomer and KB. All your opinions would be great on these couple of q's.

I'd like to know what you guys think about Ernie Sims and if he could essentially project to safety/linebacker. I think he is such a playmaker and could be a Polamalu type of player that can line up in the secondary and LB corps.

Also I would like to know your opinions on us picking a very fast return/slot wr in this draft. Guys like Bloom, Sinorice Moss, Skyler Green and Devin Hester really interest me as home run hitters.

Thanks a heap.

We've discussed this upstairs with regards Sims. The issue of course is that unless Miami takes him at 16 and converts him - barring getting into a trade - then he won't be there at 51. He certainly has the range and the speed and the ball skills to man a safety spot, but I can't see him getting past an Indianapolis or a Tampa Bay. He's just too good a fit for their system.

Sinorice Moss will probably be a top 35 pick. Hester is a great return man, but I don't spend a day 1 pick on him. He's one of the more overrated prospects in the last few years, a kid without a position who was neither good enough to start at WR or CB for the Canes. Green with his LSU connections could be an option, but he's struggled since his sophomore year. He's a solid route runner, so we'll see. I think they'll look to add a WR, but I like the two kids at Auburn Aromashadu and Obomanu and it'll be interesting to see how they run. They're bigger guys, but interesting nonetheless.

Hey Boomer -- great to see you here, and great to see that it's gone pretty friendly so far.

What do you see going on with Vince Young? Any chance we could land him? What do you think of Barrick Nealy (the "poor man's Vince Young")?

shouright said:
Hey Boomer -- great to see you here, and great to see that it's gone pretty friendly so far.

What do you see going on with Vince Young? Any chance we could land him? What do you think of Barrick Nealy (the "poor man's Vince Young")?

I think people are realising that the hype machine, in the cold light of day, isn't all its cracked up to be with regards Young. I think teams of scouts and coaches are now popping in the tapes and seeing that there are a lot of issues I personally believe Young will be on the board at 16.

I only saw Nealy once, so it's hard to make a fair comment about him. But he has some tools for sure and a good arm. He needs work and some things need refining, but he looked like he could play.

Oh and as for the poor mans Vince Young - I think Reggie McNeal might just be that man.

Back
Top Bottom