Merged: Bills Sign Milloy / So what are the Bills' cap #'s like NOW with Lawyer in? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Bills Sign Milloy / So what are the Bills' cap #'s like NOW with Lawyer in?

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
So what are the Bills' cap #'s like NOW with Lawyer in?

After hearing so much crap from Bills fans about how we're going to burn in "cap hell"... what's YOUR deal now?

Needless to say, I am NOT going over to a Bills board to ask (no need to - they're all already here!).

I'd say that the Bills defense is going to be the MOST INTERESTING and MOST WATCHED defense in the NFL for me. They have THAT MUCH to prove with all of their additions now OVER LAST YEAR.

Miami's D was ranked 3rd. Our issues revolve around folding in big games and on the road. Otherwise, there's less to look for... IMO. For the Bills, BIIIIIIG improvement should show up fast... or else you have to ask yourself, "What gives?"

I'm not sold on NE, people. Ted Washington? More like Mount Washington. And about as mobile, too.

Now, minus Lawyer... plus, 3-4 vs. 4-3? Sorry. Got to see it to believe it. To me, they're just trying to adjust to the fact they have no decent DL on the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Milloy signs with Bills

Just heard on Hank's show on WQAM tha Milloy signed with the Bills. No terms announced yet. I will update if I hear more

Yeah........but there goes the bills extra cap espn reports that the bills beat out the redskins.........you know they had to dish out the cash to compete with snyder..........

Thank God the Bills O hasn't recieved a player in the league of Malloy..As long as they have that O, other teams with a D can still beat them..Actually the more I think about it. the team is at the same place they were before Malloy, just one position was upgraded since PS. Other than that, it's still a D that has to jell and that probably won't until the 2nd half of the season.

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
Yeah........but there goes the bills extra cap espn reports that the bills beat out the redskins.........you know they had to dish out the cash to compete with snyder..........

Unless revenge played a bigger factor in Milloy's decision.

all i heard for 2 days is the whinning and crying about the lawyer. recent report up hear is that the pats backfield will struggle.

I don't know how to link but on espn it clearly states the bill's beat out the redskins offer.......:lol: he's all for the money

Wednesday, September 3, 2003

Will Milloy line up against Patriots on Sunday?
ESPN.com news services

A day after being cut unexpectedly by the New England Patriots, safety Lawyer Milloy has reached an agreement in principle with the Buffalo Bills.
The teams open the season against each other Sunday in Buffalo.
The Bills beat out the Redskins,
who were the other team making a serious offer to the four-time Pro Bowl selection. The Bills had set Wednesday as a deadline day for getting a deal done with Milloy.
ESPN.com reported Tuesday afternoon that the Bills had made a contract offer and that by Tuesday night Milloy and his representatives were mulling offers from at least three franchises.
Beyond the Bills, the Redskins and New Orleans Saints made offers. It is believed Washington has offered a multi-year contract that would have paid Milloy about $5 million over the first two seasons. League sources said that the Saints had offered a three-year contract.
The Minnesota Vikings demonstrated early interest and then, when they saw where the market was headed, backed off later Tuesday. The New York Jets also made at least one exploratory phone call but it is believed their interest waned as well.

There have been figures going around about 3 years 12.25 million dollars!:)

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Thank God the Bills O hasn't recieved a player in the league of Malloy..As long as they have that O, other teams with a D can still beat them..Actually the more I think about it. the team is at the same place they were before Malloy, just one position was upgraded since PS. Other than that, it's still a D that has to jell and that probably won't until the 2nd half of the season.

MD, the bucs won with D by beating the best O in the league. Our O should still be better than last years bucs. I'm not sying our D is better than the bucs. A D as dominant as the bucs can score. No need for the O to carry all the scoring.

I don't know how to link but on espn it clearly states the bill's beat out the redskins offer....... he's all for the money

No, the Deadskins offered more $$$ but he opted for Buffalo. He's getting what he was supposed to get from the Pats this year. The skins offered him 7 yr. deal with over 6 million signing bonus.

I'd say that the Bills defense is going to be the MOST INTERESTING and MOST WATCHED defense in the NFL for me. They have THAT MUCH to prove with all of their additions now OVER LAST YEAR.

Still not sold on our pass rush. Without that, our db's will suffer just like last year. The longer you give the qb to throw the harder it is for the db's and cb's.

Back
Top Bottom