Merged: Bills Sign Milloy / So what are the Bills' cap #'s like NOW with Lawyer in? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Bills Sign Milloy / So what are the Bills' cap #'s like NOW with Lawyer in?

Yeah, darn that not so bright salary cap situation that led to Miami to pass up such superstars and roleplayers such as , Seau, Knight, Buckley, Zgonina, Thompson and Griese. :lol: I;d hate to see what Spielman can do when not in "jail."

As far as Milloy goes. He is a nice pickup for the Bills, if for no other reason than to take a good player from the Patriots. I don't think he is going to be THE difference maker in the division though. I think the odd timing that came with releasing him and to a divisional rival to boot, had made for more hoopla than normal. He is going to help the Bills a lot in the next three years, however this initial splash he has garnered by swithing teams, I don't think is condusive to how much he will affect both the Bills and Patriots. I do think this will end up hurting the Patriots A LOT more than it helps the Bills.

I truly am mixed on this issue. On one hand you have the Patriots suffering, which is good. However on the other the Bills are gaining, so it kind of puts some rain on my sunshine. Geez, life is tough huh? :lol:

With all the buzz on Lawyer it's tough to keep all these threads straight. I posted a link (15th post) on the "Milloy" thread to a CNNSI article that gave salary figures for the Milloy contract. Here's that thread: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=49

The Bills had something like 5.5 million in cap room for the 2003 season before signing Milloy. Under the new contact, Milloy has a base salary of 2 million and a signing bonus of 4.75 million prorated over 4 years. That gives Milloy a cap # of just under 3.2 million this year. It's much more cap friendly across the whole term of the contract than the contract he had with NE. BTW, Buffalo finally gets rid of all the dead cap dollars left over from the Butler era after the 2003 season. Buffalo is most emphatically not in cap trouble.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Bills cap sitaution is MUCH BRIGHTER than yours :lol:

Yeah that's the goal, to have a better cap situation. This is football, not a retirement fund!

The Dolphins have been a better team than the Bills, they are a better team than the Bills currently, and we'll see if the future will be the same way or not.

Oliver...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
Buffalo is in capheaven:cool:

I know and the Dolphins are in CAP JAIL. :D

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

I know and the Dolphins are in CAP JAIL. :D

Oliver...
I didn't say that...you just don't have enough to sign an impact FA if the season doesnt go as planned again

How's that

Originally posted by Oliver

Yeah that's the goal, to have a better cap situation. This is football, not a retirement fund!

The Dolphins have been a better team than the Bills, they are a better team than the Bills currently, and we'll see if the future will be the same way or not.

Oliver...

Awfully funny you say that considering we SWEPT you last year.

Maybe Buffalo is starting to realize they need to spend a little bit of money to win ;). They don't have Spielman aka The Cap Wizard :tongue:

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Maybe Buffalo is starting to realize they need to spend a little bit of money to win ;). They don't have Spielman aka The Cap Wizard :tongue:
you're joking right...we have the Executive of the Year award locked down already.....TD has it in a runaway..look what he has done in his time here...first year: weed out the salary cap mess(and it was a big one that Butler left), second year: build an offense, third year: build a defense....he's the man.

They overpaid for Milloy considering what was paid for safeties this offseason and Milloy's declining productivity.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

you're joking right...we have the Executive of the Year award locked down already.....TD has it in a runaway..look what he has done in his time here...first year: weed out the salary cap mess(and it was a big one that Butler left), second year: build an offense, third year: build a defense....he's the man.

Fool...

Your O has declined and your D isn't even proven. You may have the right to say that at the end of the season, but surely not now.

I can't wait till Willis pick bites you in the ***. Maybe Milloy can produce this year as well.

Fool...

Your O has declined and your D isn't even proven. You may have the right to say that at the end of the season, but surely not now.

I can't wait till Willis pick bites you in the ***. Maybe Milloy can produce this year as well.

Is that a frightened child I hear?...thought so:lol:

Fool...

Let's see our D isn't proven and yet you can already tell that our O declined? Go back in the Dunce corner and sit beside Zachseau who's waiting for you.

Back
Top Bottom