Merged: breaking news Owens, Bills agree on deal | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: breaking news Owens, Bills agree on deal

There is a reason why this thread has so many posts.....because T.O. is good. Deny it all you want, but it sucks to have to see him twice per year.

I am sure people are bashing this move.

As a Bills fan I actually like it. 1 Yr no issues, TO has yet to blow up in one year. He always seems like he is on his best behavior in that contract year, and this is exactly what it is.

Second off you cannot tell me that this will not help not only Lee but the run game as well, the days of doubleing Lee and stacking the box are over. Look TO is who he is. But that is a talent that will work hard and come to play and get you 1000 yards and 7+ TDs a year. The Bills have been lacking scoring ability and this helps.

Is this the end all be all by no means but it does buy us time until our 6-6 Hardy is healthy and learns the game (was Raw as a route runner coming out of school) And sorry I know people hate TO but he is one of the Best Route Runners in the game. Nice to learn the game from him dont you think.

By all means Buffalo Take the Shot welcome to Buffalo TO.

I am happy by this signing but no means do I think we are a Superbowl team with him.

The Bills offense will be tough to game plan against this year though that I am sure of.

It would have been a nice move for Buffalo if they were 1 player away from actually competing. Instead you bring a cancer aboard. It is a lose/lose situation.

What about Edwards? He looked a lot less confident as the season wound down - the aura surrounding him from his rookie season dissipating to the point where he's realistically a promising young QB, but by no means a lock to be their franchise QB. What kind of effect will TO have on his confidence, especially in the face of complaints that TO's not getting the ball often enough? And what about his being second in the league in dropsies? How will that effect Edwards if he feels the pressure to overlook open receivers to force the ball to Owens? From this standpoint, IMO, it's up in the air whether TO's presence will help Edwards or damage him by further rattling his confidence.

And of course then there's that loser Jauron who's now had 1 winning season aberration out of 9 years - aside from that year in Chicago, his BEST winning percentage being .438! Who's willing to wager that this year will be any different with or without TO? Not me.

Adding TO by no means guarantees an upgrade in Toronto's record; as a matter of fact it's a toss-up whether he ends up being a help or even a hindrance.

What about Edwards? He looked a lot less confident as the season wound down - the aura surrounding him from his rookie season dissipating to the point where he's realistically a promising young QB, but by no means a lock to be their franchise QB. What kind of effect will TO have on his confidence, especially in the face of complaints that TO's not getting the ball often enough? And what about his being second in the league in dropsies? How will that effect Edwards if he feels the pressure to overlook open receivers to force the ball to Owens? From this standpoint, IMO, it's up in the air whether TO's presence will help Edwards or damage him by further rattling his confidence.

And of course then there's that loser Jauron who's now had 1 winning season aberration out of 9 years - aside from that year in Chicago, his BEST winning percentage being .438! Who's willing to wager that this year will be any different with or without TO? Not me.

Adding TO by no means guarantees an upgrade in Toronto's record; as a matter of fact it's a toss-up whether he ends up being a help or even a hindrance.

I see TO whispering in Edwards ears about just throw it up to me and I'll get it taking Edwards away from what he was doing well by reading the defense and going to his safe read.

Once Edwards starts to struggle (especially if he takes another huge hit to the head again) TO will have a hard time keeping his mouth shut.

As long as TO keeps dropping the ball at the rate he has been in the last few years he's just another WR on the field, not a real threat anymore. If the guy can't take Dallas over the top with Witten, Williams, Barber, Romo, Clayton, Miles then how is he really gonna help Buffalo?

I would never in a million seasons, have expected Owens to be signing with a team like the Bills, but it's now a reality...

I'm happy for the Bills, and their fans. They deserve this signing, and have been waiting a long time for the head cheese up there to make a bold move like this one. He can still score TD's, and when lining-up opposite Lee, I think they'll have a chance to make some noise...

Good signing, the Bills offense just got better...:rimshot:

IN TUNA WE TRUST...

True, T.O. has lost a step over the past few years but I'm not going to be blind to the fact that this was a good signing by the Bills. They've needed more playmakers on offense for years and it's a 1 year, low risk deal for them. If he's a cancer so what? They let him go just like Dallas did and move on. If he shows up to play I agree that he has the potential to give us fits :(

Am I the only one who thought that 'TO to the Bills' meant that they had moved to Toronto, since T.O. is also the short form for Toronto Ontario? :lol:

i think this is a good move for them... They need to inject some life, focus a little attention on their team... Take a little pressure off Evans... As for us I don't think it changes anything we do in the slightest... Nobody knows TO and his circus act better than Parcells.

Am I the only one who thought that 'TO to the Bills' meant that they had moved to Toronto, since T.O. is also the short form for Toronto Ontario? :lol:

i think this is a good move for them... They need to inject some life, focus a little attention on their team... Take a little pressure off Evans... As for us I don't think it changes anything we do in the slightest... Nobody knows TO and his circus act better than Parcells.

Toronto is an amazing city

Owens is certainly an impact player but he has been a cancer everywhere he's gone, and I expect more of that in Buffalo. You have two young QBs in Edwards and Losman, and it's only a matter of time before Owens starts whining, getting into their heads and infecting them. He'll get his yards no question because he's such a match-up problem, but he'll get upset halfway through the year and start pissing and moaning. Should actually be fun to watch.

I just don't see the long term benefit for Buffalo, let's pretend he plays great and shuts his mouth all year. Do you really think he'll re-up with Buffalo, I don't and that's the best scenario for them.

If this is a complete flop then to me it sets back the franchise even more. You could really screw up Edwards, cause a rif between Evans and Edwards if all of a sudden TO is getting the ball all the time. You also create a hole in your roster the next year when he leaves because Harding is getting hardly any reps now.

I just believe the bad out ways the good in this situation, Buffalo would have been better off giving TJ or Coles a big contract then this 1 year deal.

A cancer, yes. Not our worry because he's with the Bills. The problem is, that he does get his yards. Everyone is saying how he drops balls but he still had over 1000 yds and 10 tds last year.

Back
Top Bottom