MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires

just wanted to say sorry to you fins fans. I for one am a 'skins fan and if portis suddenly retired after Snyder gave him that nice signing bonus to go "see the world" or whatever, I would be uber pissed. Just wanted to say that im sorry for you guys but atleast you have ogun as trading bait. Maybe you guys can get Anthony Thomas? He's a pretty good back that has been underused in the windy city and is a good in between the tackles runner. There's still hope for you guys, no worries:)

I am not worried. We are deep at running back anyway and I hope we still have Robert Edwards phone number. Ricky chose POT over Football! We should buy him his plane ticket to Asia and get rid of this guy as soon as possible. Good riddance Ricky but now our backups have something to prove.

hey you guys im a saints fan offering you a trade how about lamar smith for sam madison?:D

scsaint13 said:
hey you guys im a saints fan offering you a trade how about lamar smith for sam madison?:D

Yeah well I'm a Chiefs fan and we'll trade Larry Johnson and all the barbecue in KC for Jason Taylor.

I wonder if the coward is even answering his phone. I doubt it. He will prob. follow through with this, then in 2 years, show up somewhere trying to get back into the game. Those fans will love him like we did and like the Saints fans did before us and then he will rip out their hearts too. This one hurts. I don't necessarily think the season is over, but it sure got interesting.

I haven't yet read the whole thread, so I don't know if anyone has covered this.

The pot thing may have something to do with it, however I believe its more "where the team is headed" than anything else.

Ricky isn't stupid, he knows when to bail out before the ship sinks. I'm from Detroit, and am quickly seeing the Dolphins become the Lions of the south. Why you ask? Let's take a look and see what has happened this season:

Marino decides NOT to take the position. He knew going into it what needed to be done. What we have here is a sinking ship, Wayne is staying with Dave and all the rest of the upper management because "they're such good buds" while the team, though we still have excellent players, is starting to resent the fact that the missing pieces never quite seem to be filled, EVER.

Ricky see's this, and says "ok, do I really want to go through another re-structuring season, or do I want to go out in the highlight of my career." Yes, what he did is exactly what Barry Sanders did to Detroit (again proving my earlier point). Barry knew Detroit wasn't going anywhere for awhile, and instead of wasting time and possibly destroying his body, he left.

Ricky did the same thing, the Dolphins are in a heap of trouble, letting the great players stick around long enough and dealing with the "next season" issue. And lets see, hmm, our qb situation is quickly solved with... A.J. Feely.

Miami's in trouble. They won't make the playoffs again this season (with or without Ricky) and we're going to get the same BS from Wanny all season. There is only so much that the Defense can do. Maybe we just need to stick to being a passing team, cause now that's where our new emphasis will be.

There is only one solution to this situation, get rid of Wanny and all the head coaches in charge. They are undermining the confidence of this team with the decisions and focus they are going with this team.

I've followed Miami for the last 12 years, and this is the first time EVER that I am not excited for the season to start up. Football yes, but maybe I'll watch the Lions instead of Miami....

Confidence starting to waver..... hopefully they will prove me wrong... but I can't keep on hearing the same thing over and over again.

Buffalojon said:
No chance in hell you'll make the playoffs! Buffalo Rules!
Great 1st post what are you 12 take it to the right forum :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

I got the bad news last night. I was watching drag racing on ESPN 2 and on the bottom of the screen i saw, " Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams retires. ", I lost my breath and could not go to sleep that whole night.

i think we still have a legitimate chance of making the playoffs. We still have one of the top 5 defenses in the league. If David Boston isnt a flop, and Travis Minor, or the halfback we get isnt TERRIBLE i think we will do pretty damn well.

i also think your season isnt quite over yet if a.j. feeley can step up or ur other q.b. cant think of his name right now can step up then u might still have a shoot because u do have some offensive weapons besides ricky u just need whoever is the starting q.b come start of season to step up and play like he has a set thats all look at the pats won the super bowl last year without a real everydown back they just had one heck of qb to lead them yall have the defense and the offense just need your q.b. to step up his play

Boltjolt said:
Greetings Dolphin fans. This may not be the best day to say hello and expect a "welcome to the board" from you guys, but hey... im not shy.

Sorry to hear about Ricky...not that i care that he retired, but he did use some very bad timing. I must say however....some of you are taking this way too hard...it is clouding your judgement and you actually think the Chargers would even THINK about trading LT to you. How freaking funny is that? :lol:

I know you guys think you got a steal for Boston, but just wait when the guy pulls his crap again. You be bristling about him just like we were. Why else would our GM want to get rid of him ASAP? He is a team cancer. Good luck with him .

Look at the bright side. With Ricky gone , you may not make the playoffs again and Wannstaedt will finally be fired. Thats good news right?

Im sure the Fins front office will come up with a good RB to replace Ricky..dont fret...but it wont come from San Diego with the initials "LT" ...that is a pipe dream. You would have a better shot at a guy like Marshall Faulk ..which is not so far fetched since the Rams drafted Steven Jackson...and if that happens..then i was wrong. Faulk played his college ball at San Diego st so i guess your RB would come from SD in a way .

Anyways... the owners of the Chargers arent selling the team. I dont know where that guy got that from .
David Boston and some nobody for a QB. An old LB who's slower than a 3 legged dog. An injured OT who won't contribute little this year, and when he does, he'll show you Flipper fans a new meaning for "false starts."

The Bolts have some more scrubs they'll sell you.

But not Tomlinson. Not for any price.

Flipper fans are just pizzed that Ganja Boy did this after they could have bid on Eddie George.

Take heart Flipper fans, you're only the third rudest and most obnoxious fans in the NFL. Denver and the Cheeseheads have you beat.

:roflmao:

:goof:

:roflmao:

Shouldn't this place be renamed "Flipperhell" ?????

To me this "I wanna be free" thing is off base.

Where but Antarctica are you going to be truly free? Where in Asia? China....forget I said that. Singapore, you can't even chew gum there.

I would never sell out people who liked and counted on me for weed, to get high

He REALLY stabbed us in the back with this timing, let's just move on without him. One monkey don't stop the show

Back
Top Bottom