MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires

Have to agree with finfan there. Losing Milloy last year for the Pats wasnt so much as losing a great player and losing there leader and captain in the locker room. For the fins taken from last year you just lost your offense.

bbills said:
hey hey hey hey lets go buffalo! ricky is off to asia to get high :roflmao: the only hope for my miami is gone...must stink but as a bills fan i gotta love it. the superbowl isnt coming with no offense. bring back marino at this point and shula. fins will win no more than 4 games next year. i will laugh as they get crushed by the bills. oh and if u think that can win without a running back like the patriots then your stupid because u dont have a qb or a coach that will take u anywhere. i used to be a fins fan but its all down hill from here.
What the hell was this post all about? You don't deserve to be a Dolphin fan. Get outta here. I am not happy about Ricky leaving but I am happy it's weeding out the bandwagon fans. Real PHIN FANS UNITE!!!!! Good riddance to the likes of fans like this one quoted!!!

BillsCA,

Maybe your right, I just remember how devastated the pats were in game one. After the first week people were talking like their season was over. New England did choose to let him go too - but I don't think the team expected it.

Still, I think its a little chicken little syndrom to say the season is over. The pre-season hasn't even started. Give the coaches a chance.

Heck, come up with some ideas to fix the situation. Take it as a challenge - not a 45 to the brain

Hey Phin Fans,

I'm a Charger fan. As a football fan, I sympathize with your loss. If LT did something as wacko (and it's still early folks, so stay tuned) to my Chargers, I'd be piZZed off also.

As a Charger fan who's seen the Phins beat my Chargers too many times lately, I can't say I'm sad to see this happen.

But realistically, this is like getting dumped by your girlfriend. You're pissed off by the timing. Face it, there IS no good time to hear a major player on your offense just bail out on you. Regardless of the beginning of TC or halfway through the season, getting dumped just plain out sucks and all you phans are just dealing with the rejection part.

RW's emminent departure (insert any verb here) just created a hole where one was not needed. You'll either fill it by getting someone else's cut, reject, or have the hole filled by the draft. If he'd gotten an injury that would've knocked him out the ENTIRE season, your season *MAY OR MAY NOT* have been over this year, but at least there's next year.

So for you naysayers who think the world's going to end this week, chill out.... Once you get over the rejection, the grass WILL be greener somewhere else. All these posts from you naysayers are guys who probably got dumped by some chick and think the world is going to end tomorrow and took several masturbating sessions to get over it. (after all, Charger fans haven't had anything to cheer about in OVER eight years)

That which doesn't kill you *SHOULD* make you stronger..

peace out and good luck

As I read these posts, it sounds like someone died in here. What's with all the condolences? I can understand a "sucks for you guys" or "damn, tough break", but "sorry for your loss"? C'mon!

McD

Hey, I liked Ricky and all, but forget it, Im a Dolphin fan through and through. On your merry way Ricky, if thats what makes you happy, best of luck to ya ! As for me, Im going to root for my Dolphins just like I have every year since 1970, no matter if Rickys their or not. I have faith in Minor, and the rest of the team. No one player can send us into the Super Bowl, or prevent us from getting their by leaving either. Ricky's been here 2 years and no Super Bowl appearance has he taken us to yet, nor will his leaving be so detrimental as to stopping us if we were good enough to get their in the first place with him.

burrito-warrior said:
Hey Phin Fans,

I'm a Charger fan. As a football fan, I sympathize with your loss. If LT did something as wacko (and it's still early folks, so stay tuned) to my Chargers, I'd be piZZed off also.

As a Charger fan who's seen the Phins beat my Chargers too many times lately, I can't say I'm sad to see this happen.

But realistically, this is like getting dumped by your girlfriend. You're pissed off by the timing. Face it, there IS no good time to hear a major player on your offense just bail out on you. Regardless of the beginning of TC or halfway through the season, getting dumped just plain out sucks and all you phans are just dealing with the rejection part.

RW's emminent departure (insert any verb here) just created a hole where one was not needed. You'll either fill it by getting someone else's cut, reject, or have the hole filled by the draft. If he'd gotten an injury that would've knocked him out the ENTIRE season, your season *MAY OR MAY NOT* have been over this year, but at least there's next year.

So for you naysayers who think the world's going to end this week, chill out.... Once you get over the rejection, the grass WILL be greener somewhere else. All these posts from you naysayers are guys who probably got dumped by some chick and think the world is going to end tomorrow and took several masturbating sessions to get over it. (after all, Charger fans haven't had anything to cheer about in OVER eight years)

That which doesn't kill you *SHOULD* make you stronger..

peace out and good luck

Thanks for that post. I have been jumping around boards all night trying to explain that we made playoff appearences before Williams got here with less. Maybe it is a good thing that we don't put the pressure on just one player and spread the ball around like we did when we actually made the playoffs. We were killing Ricky with so many carries per game. Even if we had made the playoffs last year I don't think he would have been effective because doing the Eagles game late last season his shoulders were killing him. To hell with the doomsayers. We are going to try our damnest to make it to the Super Bowl and that is all a fan can ask of their favorite team in the world. I love the Phins and I will be pulling for them every game this season. Go get'em boys and bring that trophy back to Miami!!!

Let me just say (with all sincerity)

You HAVE to understand how silly a lot of these posts sound when a Bills fan reads them... We can't HELP IT that we take immense pleasure in seeing Ricky retiring, because you CAN'T HONESTLY be a Bills fan if you don't. They really ARE funny, and COME ON PEOPLE, you would get the same smug satisfaction if ERIC MOULDS suddenly decided to retire! BE HONEST HERE. I'm not going to post any sort of a meek 'Hey, I'm sorry', because frankly, I'm not... but I WILL say this: If that ever happened in Buffalo, you would be SURE AS H-E-double hockey sticks that we'd be PO'd!

So here I post for the first time, trying to bring some honesty and some light-heartedness to this forum.

Ohh, and I am SURE that you can echo my sentiments:

Patriots fans, you are BANDWAGON to the CORE!!! You never EXISTED really until some guy from MICHIGAN lifted you over the Lambs. And you STILL have the Red Sox, a PATHETIC excuse for a MLB team!!!! :roflmao:

THERE. It HAD to be said... :lol:

Rabid83 said:
You HAVE to understand how silly a lot of these posts sound when a Bills fan reads them... We can't HELP IT that we take immense pleasure in seeing Ricky retiring, because you CAN'T HONESTLY be a Bills fan if you don't. They really ARE funny, and COME ON PEOPLE, you would get the same smug satisfaction if ERIC MOULDS suddenly decided to retire! BE HONEST HERE. I'm not going to post any sort of a meek 'Hey, I'm sorry', because frankly, I'm not... but I WILL say this: If that ever happened in Buffalo, you would be SURE AS H-E-double hockey sticks that we'd be PO'd!

So here I post for the first time, trying to bring some honesty and some light-heartedness to this forum.

Ohh, and I am SURE that you can echo my sentiments:

Patriots fans, you are BANDWAGON to the CORE!!! You never EXISTED really until some guy from MICHIGAN lifted you over the Lambs. And you STILL have the Red Sox, a PATHETIC excuse for a MLB team!!!! :roflmao:

THERE. It HAD to be said... :lol:

Go away troll! While your at it, move to buffalo so you can watch your pathetic team play every week.

WIDE RIGHT!!!!!

Driven said:
Go away troll! While your at it, move to buffalo so you can watch your pathetic team play every week.

WIDE RIGHT!!!!!
YOU go away, take your super high taxes and your overinflated EGOS and buy land in your OWN STATE instead of polluting ours! BANDWAGON. There, I said it AGAIN!

BTW, posting an avatar of HUGE Super Bowl rings (and I have READ your posts!) here is enough proof to see that you are the KING of trolls. PLEASE. You are such a huge troll you had your debut in the Lord of the Rings movies! I saw you there!!!

Ladies if you want to fight with each other, fight in the Depths of the Sea or fight thru PM so I dont have to see it.....it's not tolerated in this section of Finheaven.

Rabid consider this your warning....

Rabid83 said:
YOU go away, take your super high taxes and your overinflated EGOS and buy land in your OWN STATE instead of polluting ours! BANDWAGON. There, I said it AGAIN!

BTW, posting an avatar of HUGE Super Bowl rings (and I have READ your posts!) here is enough proof to see that you are the KING of trolls. PLEASE. You are such a huge troll you had your debut in the Lord of the Rings movies! I saw you there!!!

You will be gone by the end of the day.

Despite the fact that we have to look at Driven's disgusting huge rings that he throws in our face, he has a couple hundred posts on the board and is (semi)respected, and I say semi cause hes a pats fan, and hey...its gonna happen on a dolphins message board. You have five posts and despite your claims of bringing lightheartedness to the situation, you are just annoying people. So Driven doesnt get a warning, at least not yet.....

So who is the new featured back? Travis Minor?
If it's any consolation at all, RB is the easiest
position on the roster to replace. It's more
dependent on the system and the line then
on the back itself. There will still be a fall-off
from whoever the new guy is, but he should still
capable of picking up 1000-1200 yards if the
system works.

You know us Jet fans can sympathise after our
hopes were cruched last pre-season. We were
cought much more off guard, however. At least you
have time to get a new back, and get him plenty
of reps in the pre-season. Certainly not the end
of the world for the fish this year. I for one will
not mark the Phin games as W's just yet...

Back
Top Bottom