MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires

This is the first time I'm able to post about this:
First I was stunned.
Now I'm pissed.
I was just on WFAN "Sid and Mac" show talking about it. All the callers were saying he let the MANAGEMENT down. SCREW management, do you think I care about Wayne or Wanny??????
HE LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN. HE LET THE FANS DOWN. He's got a god given talent that any guy would give anything to have for one day that he used to make MILLIONS off of.
Is it the marijuana? Is it his mental illness? Who the hell knows.
Someone should let Ricky know there is no "I" in team. He went to college he should know that.

He's a selfish piece of ****.

Peebs said:
First I was stunned.
Now I'm pissed.
I was just on WFAN "Sid and Mac" show talking about it. All the callers were saying he let the MANAGEMENT down. SCREW management, do you think I care about Wayne or Wanny??????
HE LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN. HE LET THE FANS DOWN. He's got a god given talent that any guy would give anything to have for one day that he used to make MILLIONS off of.
Someone should let Ricky know there is no "I" in team. He went to college he should know that.

yep you are right

CapeFish said:
Hey guys, I'm new from the MarlinsBaseball.com Boards, but the Dolphins may have a blessing in disguise. This will force the Fins to go out there and actually get a real offense.
I AM a "real" offense fool. It's your kind that makes me feel better about my choice.

GoFinsGo0405 said:
Ricky..... is that really you?????

:rolleyes:
Yeah, just hit the hotel and thought I'd look things up. Gotta' roll one but I'll answer questions once that kicks in.

Look, I will be the first to admit that the way it was done was f'd up. Life goes on and so do the Dolphins. What so we go back to the pre Ricky days. Hell, I loved watching him run the ball and was SOOOOOOOO looking forward to this season. I am still not quite sure what I am going to do with the Jersey. Maybe RL became more important to him than his football life. Yes on the one hand he would not be as wealthy as he is if not for us the fans but we have to realise that the athletes are people too. (deep down inside i wanna buy one of those F**k you Ricky Williams shirts but deep down inside, I can't hate him) There is not a person on this site that is more disappointed then I. Try being a Dolphins fan living in nYc for years and then living in Buffalo for 10 years. I still REP THEM HARD!!!! Tell me something, does the team make the man or does the man make the team? I think we have all been looking for that missing link and yes I too thought it was Ricky but now I guess not. Dam he looked tight in that Dolphins Jersey better than he did in the saints. I just think its a shame that he let a lot of people down. He was talking last year about how he needs to carry this team and then about how he wanted to prove Ditka's pick wasn't a fluke. Well, maybe there is more going on here than meets the eye. Maybe he is fighting some inner demons or maybe he just wants his life to be his. How sad are we (me being one of em) that are whole emotions ride on the decision of one man. There will always be woulda coulda shoulda on this time. Hell, Cecil collins, Lawrence Philips, lamar smith, Kariim abdul Jabar and lets not forget the kid Tyrone Wheatly and the other back in Oakland. We have had our shots at RB and "DAMMIT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE" RICKY Williams seemed to be the best fit. I guess only time will tell, what the damage is that will be done. Now we will really will see what the team is made of. As you can see, this has me on an emotional rollercoaster too. I come here for comradere (my girlfriend cannot begin to understand the magnitude of this all she can say is "I paid 300.00 for that Jersey you better wear it") to vent and to ponder. I cannot knock those of you who speak poorly of him. Come on to call him a pothead or to say he left for the weed is rediclous. TRUST me I work in a club in Tampa and MANY of these football cats smoke weed and do stuff 10 times worse than that. Yea maybe it was a factor or maybe Ricky just saw it as a way out. Say it aint so Ricky Say it aint so but on the other hand I wish you luck as you walk the earth like f**King Kung Fu. Dam he was a pleasure to watch!!!!! Guess we'll wait til next year :o(.

I don't post often but read daily.. I have been watching the dolphins for many years and had to stomach the czonka world football league exit.. In thinking back to me that move destroyed what was a Super team.. Dolphans know that year in year out we seem to be near super.. but we couldn't seem to make the playoffs with RW..

The game is won on Sundays when the "team" wins..

Ricky's exit sucks.. but there is a great team left..

Peebs said:
First I was stunned.
Now I'm pissed.

:shakeno:

finzforever3000 said:
the worst kind of idiot is one who thinks he's a genius...ricky needs to grow up.
I've never so much as adumbrated a superior intellect. You may feel you give the team more with your purchase of a jersey or game ticket and a few animal howls from the stands on Sunday, but I can tell you it is we who take the physical punishment and public perturbation of the 5th Estate who must decide when the time has come. My decision has been made. Deride me if you will, it tends only to confirm my decision felicitous.

Peebs said:
First I was stunned.
Now I'm pissed.

Peebs does this mean your going to get rid of those Run Ricky Run thongs your have? :D

MOULDSROCKS said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roflmao: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :roflmao:

Took ya long enough. Why don't you rub it in about Dan Marino, while you're at it? :rolleyes:

Slacker.

Sorry guys, I was at the beach.... and I figured I'd give you some time to lick your wounds before I opened them up again. :cooldude: :D

but I can't blame him, Mary Jane is wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom