MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News: Ricky Williams Retires

I'm from South Louisiana and have always known Williams to be a head case. When the Fins got him, I kept hoping it wouldn't come to light during his stay with the team. His testing positive for marijuana might seem minor to some, but it probably had a lot to do with his quitting. He wants to do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. He doesn't want to be hurt permanently or limping around on bad knees/hips when he's in his mid-thirties. I haven't a problem with his living his life HIS way but I do have a problem with the timing...or lack thereof. My personal feeling is that, as he went through a day or two of each mini-camp, that he knew more and more that his dream of winning a SB in Miami wasn't going to happen this year. I guess he figured he might as well retire. Heck, with five or six (I forget which) years in the NFL, his retirement will probably be twice what any of the rest of us make in our regular jobs.

Like someone said, he couldn't have done this three days earlier and let the team get Eddie George?

I am thrilled, though, to see Edgerrin James talking about becoming a Fin with his free agency at the end of this season. Now the only question left, is has this particular front office and coaching staff smart enough to pay for him?

The bottom line is, again, the Fins' fans are shorted. A miracle could occur and the team could come around and bond just to show the "world." But, personally, I have doubts about it because of the Wanny-picked talent of the team.

shalafi3455 said:
Peebs does this mean your going to get rid of those Run Ricky Run thongs your have? :D

Nah, I just have the thong with the Dolphins logo all over them.
BUT if I had a Ricky Jersey (I only have a Zack Thomas) I would be throwing that puppy right on the BBQ.

BringBackShula said:
Bro, gimme a break, okay?! If he's been thinking about it for a while, then he should've said something at the end of last year! Not a week before camp!! The team and all the fans have the right to be angry with him because he left them no options and now they are ROYALLY SCREWED!! This whole season and probably the next two are gonna be wasted just trying to get a replacement and whatever it's gonna cost us to get it!
technically the fans don't have a right to be angry at a man who quit his job. Who the hell are we?

Dolfan73 said:
Yet again it's Lawrence spreading his "sun and fun" attitude.
I'm just saying, he owes the team not us. If he would be a Sammie Smith fumbler, I bet he would get booed.

Ricky lovers make me sick...

Some of the post on here are makeing me sick.ricky(The Truth) williams?comeing back?your happy?why?This guy spit in our faces.We traded two first round picks for this loser.we gave him a way better contract then he had with the Saints.We put our trust in this guy.We was building our offence around him and he just takes his ball and goes home.He is in search of The Truth.He says he doesnt need the money or the fame.He just wants to be left alone.:sosad: Everyone on here was p!ssed.Then someone says the word Come Back.Now i see threads about welcomeing him back with open arms?People make mistakes?I miss ricky?:badpc: WHAT?ARE U GUYS HIGH?This guy **** on our team.He left us with nothing,so he could hang out in a 1 man tent and get high.He put his self above everyone.Showed no loyalty to a team that gave him everything and u want to Welcome him back with open arms?Why dont u just bend over and let ricky give it to u in the @$$.Thats what the Dolphins would be doing if we let him come back with our team.We would be laughed at by everyone. :grouplaug Im a dolphins fan no matter what.The Dolphins have and always will be my team.i will never jump ship like ricky did,but these post are makeing sick.I too hope he comes back.SO WE CAN TRADE HIS PUNK @$$.:goodnight

fish fan 4 life said:
Some of the post on here are makeing me sick.ricky(The Truth) williams?comeing back?your happy?why?This guy spit in our faces.We traded two first round picks for this loser.we gave him a way better contract then he had with the Saints.We put our trust in this guy.We was building our offence around him and he just takes his ball and goes home.He is in search of The Truth.He says he doesnt need the money or the fame.He just wants to be left alone.:sosad: Everyone on here was p!ssed.Then someone says the word Come Back.Now i see threads about welcomeing him back with open arms?People make mistakes?I miss ricky?:badpc: WHAT?ARE U GUYS HIGH?This guy **** on our team.He left us with nothing,so he could hang out in a 1 man tent and get high.He put his self above everyone.Showed no loyalty to a team that gave him everything and u want to Welcome him back with open arms?Why dont u just bend over and let ricky give it to u in the @$$.Thats what the Dolphins would be doing if we let him come back with our team.We would be laughed at by everyone. :grouplaug Im a dolphins fan no matter what.The Dolphins have and always will be my team.i will never jump ship like ricky did,but these post are makeing sick.I too hope he comes back.SO WE CAN TRADE HIS PUNK @$$.:goodnight
If his team mates welcome him back, than that's that. The fans are nobody to decide if he deserves forgiveness. You sound like a heartbroken woman for god sakes.

Lawrence said:
If his team mates welcome him back, than that's that. The fans are nobody to decide if he deserves forgiveness. You sound like a heartbroken woman for god sakes.
No,i just dont understand why anyone would want this basket case back on our team.Without THE FANS there is no football. His team mates dont want him back either.

Lawrence is such a Nancy. Have you no pride? Do the Dolphins sound like thier welcoming back. The man squashed our hearts days before training camp. Hes made this offseason hell. And now we just let him back?

fish fan 4 life said:
:up: :clap: :up: :clap:

Back
Top Bottom