Merged: Brodie Croyle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

Becks7

Starter
Reaction score
Brodie Croyle in round 2?

I get the feeling the following will happen. Cutler will go right before we pick, we will then take Michael Huff, then take Croyle in the second round.
Thoughts?

Anything is possible but everything is really speculation until Saban gives us a little hint with his smokescreens and stuff on who he is going to pick!

wazzy said:
Anything is possible but everything is really speculation until Saban gives us a little hint with his smokescreens and stuff on who he is going to pick!

Saban isn't gonna give us anything.

Becks7 said:
I get the feeling the following will happen. Cutler will go right before we pick, we will then take Michael Huff, then take Croyle in the second round.
Thoughts?

That's not a bad senario but Croyle at 200 lbs is a little light don't you think? Boomer like him though.

i havent watched croyle much but ive heard has an amazingly strong arm for how much he weighs, doesnt he only weigh like 203? er something? hed definately need to at least have a year to get bigger and tougher through nfl strength training. he was hyped up alot earlier in the season but i dont seem to hear very much about him anymore, has his play dropped off dramatically?

Becks7 said:
Thoughts?

Who do you think would take Cutler right before us?

Nappy Roots said:
why?

plus we could get him 2nd day

LOL..

Whitehurst is a first day pick. The farthest he will fall is the 3rd. He is easily the 3rd best senior QB in the draft behind Leinart and Cutler and he has all the tools for an NFL QB.

Thats too high for Croyle, he's 3rd or 4th round at best.

Jnaledu3 said:
LOL..

Whitehurst is a first day pick. The farthest he will fall is the 3rd. He is easily the 3rd best senior QB in the draft behind Leinart and Cutler and he has all the tools for an NFL QB.

:lol:

why in the world would you think that? have you ever watched him play?

Nappy Roots said:
:lol:

why in the world would you think that? have you ever watched him play?

I have...and, he's looked pretty sharp. Strong arm and can make the long throw. Must admit, have not seen the other kid.

One thing to keep in mind...in Saban's system, whoever they draft will need to be developed...1-2 yrs min. They should pick with this in mind...a kid that can learn the system and have the physical and mental tools to be THE QB in a couple of years.

croyle in the 2nd is a waste of the pick - too high. at 200 lbs, he'd get killed, and how much would 10 to 15 pounds of extra weight affect his game, assuming he could even put it on?

oldfinfan said:
I have...and, he's looked pretty sharp. Strong arm and can make the long throw. Must admit, have not seen the other kid.

One thing to keep in mind...in Saban's system, whoever they draft will need to be developed...1-2 yrs min. They should pick with this in mind...a kid that can learn the system and have the physical and mental tools to be THE QB in a couple of years.

he looks sharp?

seriously, i dont get why people are so high on him. YES he has a great arm, hes big, and mobile, but beyond that? not much. hes extremely inconsistant. doesnt have good accuracy on his deep ball, not all that accurate, and has never produced.

hes a 4th rounder.

Nappy Roots said:
he looks sharp?

seriously, i dont get why people are so high on him. YES he has a great arm, hes big, and mobile, but beyond that? not much. hes extremely inconsistant. doesnt have good accuracy on his deep ball, not all that accurate, and has never produced.

hes a 4th rounder.

a beer he gets drafted before Croyle. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom