Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

Brodie Croyle

He's looking good against Texas Tech. The only thing that scares me about him is the fact that he looks slight in build. Other than that, I think he's got everything. Very accurate, comes from a pro-style offense under Mike Shula.

He has had the ball for more than 38 minutes and produced one touchdown drive against what Texas Tech alleges to be a defense. I am not impressed.

Tech's D ranked 24 in the nation this year. Not a bad defense. You also have to remember that his best target, Prothro, broke his leg against Floria earlier this year.

I think he's the real deal.

croyle has an arm he is good he has no weapons around him

and what a game that was

Very inaccurate........reminds me of a younger Frerotte. A stong arm and good pocket poise but he miss fires on alot of balls just like GUS....I could see his NFL career looking alot like his too.

He's extremely efficient. He just doesn't get it in the redzone. He also has nothing around him with Protho out.

19/31 is very efficient, he has the deep ball, and he doesn't throw picks.

Very innaccurate as I thought....he is 56th in the nation in comp % and its not cause he is throwing the though deep balls cause he is also 56th in yards per attempt. Ill pass on Croyle.

He reminds me a little of Testeverde and Bledsoe, tall and strong arm...not the biggest build but he seems to be able to make the deep throws and touch passes. I have not seen him enough to really like him but I would take Cutler befire Croyle.

FinaticPatch said:
Very innaccurate as I thought....he is 56th in the nation in comp % and its not cause he is throwing the though deep balls cause he is also 56th in yards per attempt. Ill pass on Croyle.

he is very inaccurate. misses a lot of open guys and deep balls.

Again with statistics, without objectively viewing everything around him and how he actually plays. By the way I've never heard that 60% is a bad completion percentage.

About Brodie

As an SEC fan who has watched Croyle play for years, he has the chance to be a steal in the draft.
The key to watch will be his performance in the Senior Bowl.

For anyone who criticized his performance today, remember that his #1 & #2 receivers were out (Prothro injured & Hall out for violating team rules). Croyle has the strongest arm in the SEC...his accuracy is about average.

Someone commented on his completion percentage for the year. Also remember his lack of protection and the fact that he had MANY dropped balls from Soph. WR Zeke Knight & Soph. WR Keith Brown.

About Jay Cutler of Vandy: Cutler actually has a more talented receiving core than Croyle, along with an offense that is geared around him. Alabama has always been, and always will be, a pro-set, "run to open up the pass" system.

I would not take Cutler...I'd save a third round pick for Croyle instead.

injury prone dude. plus bama offense couldn't score in the big games.

quinn, leinart, cutler are my top 3 i want. first two wont be around but i hope 3rd one is by the 16th pick.

death7star said:
injury prone dude. plus bama offense couldn't score in the big games.

quinn, leinart, cutler are my top 3 i want. first two wont be around but i hope 3rd one is by the 16th pick.

Quinn would be my top choice...if he weren't staying at ND.
He will be a franchise QB one day.

I hope a good LB, OL, or DB is there at the 16th pick.

It was obvious today that Croyle just doesn't get a whole lot of help from his receiving corp. They were out there running the wrong routes and bumping into each other, they looked pretty bad at times. Keith Brown will be a heck of a receiver as soon as he figures out what he's doing. He's got a lot of athleticism. Croyle was like a babysitter at times.

But, I'll say this. Two minutes left. Game is tied. You're facing a tough defense with an inexperienced receiving corp, bad to mediocre offensive line, and an offensive playbook designed for running the ball on first, second, and third. The Texas Tech D has been playing soft on the flats all game long but now has decided to squat on the short outside routes. What do you do? Croyle threads passes over the middle to the tight end for 17 yards, then to Brooks for 10 yards, then to Keith Brown for 24 yards to get the Tide in position to kick the game winning FG. It's like a less-polished Brady.

Back
Top Bottom