merged: Bucs trading up for QB?/Tampa wants to trade up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: Bucs trading up for QB?/Tampa wants to trade up

Personally i don't see the bucs trading up for a qb Chris Simms looked ok before he went down hurt and Griese is a servicable veteran, running back and receiver are both bigger needs for them IMHO

I have also heard the buccs are trying to trade up for a QB, but I don't really understand why. They just resigned Griese and they have Chris Simms.

supposedly they are shopping simms and might move him on draft day... so if the 49ers take a QB we'd be set for a trade down so the bucs can get the other... if the 49ers screw us over and take edwards, then it wouldn't happen with us, cause they would be able to see if we even take a QB and then trade with the browns if necessary...

id like this though, move down to 5, get a 2nd and next years 2nd... still get one of the RBs and a high 2nd rounder... would be ideal...

dolfan348454999 said:
I have also heard the buccs are trying to trade up for a QB, but I don't really understand why. They just resigned Griese and they have Chris Simms.

:confused:
:eek:

dolfan348454999 said:

Actually, this whole conversation was covered pretty in-depth yesterday in a similar thread (Yours Truly jumped on this story before the St. Pete Times article...and Boomer jumped on it a couple weeks before me): http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=73768

However, as impressed as I was with Griese last year, I'm starting to think he's one of those QBs that does his best when it doesn't matter. Kind of like Crystal Chandelier (Chris Chandler).

The trade value chart shows that it would take the 5th pick, 36th pick, and the 71st pick to make the deal, but I think Nick would go for the 5th pick, 36th pick, and a 2nd round pick in 2006 to get this deal done.

Weren't they already grooming Simms as their quaterback of the future? What happened? Are they giving up on him after two years so they can start all over again?

death7star said:
our 2nd overall is 2600
their 5th overall is 1700
so a difference of 900.

that 900 is worth:
1.2nd round pick and both their 3rd picks this year.
2.2nd round pick, their 1st 3rd round pick, 4th and 5th.

or they can do a combo of this years and future draft picks.
That would be sweet if we could do to the Bucs what the Chargers did to the Giants. I also like scenario #1 better.

kingnate85 said:
Weren't they already grooming Simms as their quaterback of the future? What happened? Are they giving up on him after two years so they can start all over again?
That is what I had thought too. Also thought Simms looked pretty good in the few games he played last year!?

Don't know, but that is the 'rumor' floating around right now.

That being said dropping to the 5th pick and getting extra picks would be great!

I think it would be a good trade to swap firsts with the bucs, get a 2nd rounder this year and also a later pick. I just do not see them doing this trade. They just threw a long term contract at griese and unless they can unload him without big salary cap ramifications in the future, this might just be a smoke screen. Don't put it past gruden to do that.

finsnchips said:
that would be a very attractive trade down... I'd look for us to nab Brown, Caddy or Mike Williams in that situation.

1) SF - Smith
2) TB - Rodgers
3) Cleveland - Edwards
4) Bears - Benson
5) Fins...

Chicago could go WR or RB.

Titans will probably pick a WR at #6, least that is my humble opinion being that they are without a WR now.

i think it will be a good move for tampa bay and miami.

Back
Top Bottom