merged: Bucs trading up for QB?/Tampa wants to trade up | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: Bucs trading up for QB?/Tampa wants to trade up

OK so lets just IF ( BIG IF) we trade down at #5 with TB...how many picks does that give us total? I really want to know .... so I have something to think about for a second. Please.

ChambersNBoston said:
OK so lets just IF ( BIG IF) we trade down at #5 with TB...how many picks does that give us total? I really want to know .... so I have something to think about for a second. Please.

IF we move down with Tampa, and if they give us a 2nd and 3rd as the price for doing so (which may be low), we'll have 7 picks overall: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 2 3rd, a 4, 5, and 7.

phunwin said:
IF we move down with Tampa, and if they give us a 2nd and 3rd as the price for doing so (which may be low), we'll have 7 picks overall: 1 1st, 1 2nd, 2 3rd, a 4, 5, and 7.

I could live with that!

death7star said:
our 2nd overall is 2600
their 5th overall is 1700
so a difference of 900.

that 900 is worth:
1.2nd round pick and both their 3rd picks this year.
2.2nd round pick, their 1st 3rd round pick, 4th and 5th.

or they can do a combo of this years and future draft picks.
Yea but he said we can get more for that...which gives us a 2nd RDer and both thirds.

Given the general consensus that this draft is a bit weaker at the top than usual, it may be done for slightly less. I could see Tampa swapping a few '06 picks with the '05's to make it easier to swallow.

Something like their #5, next year's 2nd and one of their current 3rds might do it. Maybe toss in another middle round pick.

Smithboy said:
Given the general consensus that this draft is a bit weaker at the top than usual, it may be done for slightly less. I could see Tampa swapping a few '06 picks with the '05's to make it easier to swallow.

Something like their #5, next year's 2nd and one of their current 3rds might do it. Maybe toss in another middle round pick.
Nope wont do because i think saban would want a 2nd this year.

Given the perception of this draft being a bit "weak", I'd be willing to give the Bucs a good deal to move up. I was surprised the value chart shows a 900 point difference, but I'd rather get a second rounder than "save" some imaginary points by staying at the #2 spot.

Frankly, I'd trade down to #5 for the Bucs second, fifth rounder, and a third rounder in 2006. Equal value? Not even, but it allows the Phins to turn that #2 pick into FOUR players instead of one, save cap money by drafting at the #5 spot, and still have a nice selection of players to choose from.

In fact, at #5 you can justify getting about any position, except maybe a Guard or Safety. Even then, if you feel the player is the top draft prospect at his position? Then go for it.

Surferosa said:
"We wouldn't be here if we weren't players in this," Gruden told Rodgers.

:)

He was bankin on Rodgers relaying that exact info to the media, too.

I think that he's blowin smoke up anyone who will listen's a$$.

phinphan11 said:

Too true! lol!

Hey would any Buc's fans out there that would mind if the Bucs traded up?

phinphan11 said:

Maybe, but why pick the QB's? If he does NOT make the trade they will both be gone... so who really cares!? Does not seem to make much sense.

ChambersNBoston said:
Hey would any Buc's fans out there that would mind if the Bucs traded up?

I was talking to my friend, a die-hard Bucs fan, about that. He says it'll be a good trade for them but would rather include Simms in the deal rather than a pick. I responded with "H@!! no, I'd rather have Griese". We already have 3 backup QBs, none of them I consider starter material.

Dudeman said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

of course you did. I'm sure you'd take a 90 year old, walker using, color blinded Brian Griese before you take any QB on Earth. :D

Can't blame a guy for vouching his favorite player. ;)

Chris Simms would be a definite part of that deal. There's no way around it. He wouldn't be as young as a rookie obviously, but he's still 24 turning 25 this year which isn't too bad. That would take care of our developmental QB need(not to our preference, just to MAKE Tampa do the deal). In addition I'd only ask their 2nd as well. That would seem to be fair value. Then at 5 we can get the BPA.

Back
Top Bottom