MERGED: Cassel and Vrabel Traded to Chiefs! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Cassel and Vrabel Traded to Chiefs!

Yes, Chad Pennington was a major part of our team but he wasn't the sole reason for our success nor was he part of the plan. He just happened to fall to us. We didn't trade any picks for him so it can't be considered the same as the Matt Cassel situation. And I'm not sure how successful Pennington would've been without Jake Long protecting his blind side. Or how or defense would've held up without a solid rotation on the defensive line. So yes, I do believe we are building through the draft rather than trading away picks for players who are products of a system. With the Henne statement I don't see Miami relying solely on Henne if they don't believe hes failing, we'll have a veteran signed as a safety net. Plus I don't think without Cassel the Chiefs will fail. Thigpen did pretty well last year with what he had, they just couldn't finish games. I just think the trade is a waste and could better be spent on their many other needs.

The Chiefs are already the youngest team in the league and had one of the best, if not the best, drafts last year. Should they continue to ignore the FA market or keep bringing guys with no nfl experience? Hard to improve that way.

This was a great deal for KC. they got two proven NFL starters for a 2nd rd draft pick. Is Cassel worth it? I think he was worth more myself.

Pioli will build the roster up like he & BB did in 2001. Draft picks and a lot of savvy, midrange free agents.

As to the Pats trying for peppers? I don't see that happening. I hope they use the cap space to extend Wilfork.

The Chiefs are already the youngest team in the league and had one of the best, if not the best, drafts last year. Should they continue to ignore the FA market or keep bringing guys with no nfl experience? Hard to improve that way.

This was a great deal for KC. they got two proven NFL starters for a 2nd rd draft pick. Is Cassel worth it? I think he was worth more myself.

Pioli will build the roster up like he & BB did in 2001. Draft picks and a lot of savvy, midrange free agents.

As to the Pats trying for peppers? I don't see that happening. I hope they use the cap space to extend Wilfork.

As Dolphins fans were obligated to say that they gave up too much. I think it's fair. Drafting a Qb in the 2nd or 3rd rd to start has been proven to be a waste. Now the Chiefs get to take Aaron Curry #3. I think one of the biggest misconceptions in the NFL is that draft picks are gold. I just don't buy into the idea that an unknown player is more valuable everytime than a proven player.

I'm just going on the record now saying that I think Cassel was a product of a system and will be a bust in KC. On top of that I saw Tyler Thigpen play and don't really see this trade being as big of an upgrade at the QB position as everyone else seems to. I wish Cassel the best of luck since he's not a Patriot anymore, but as of now I just see it as a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom