Merged: Chad Jackson... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chad Jackson...

Chad Jackson...

Do you think the Dolphins are thinking of drafting a reciever in the 1st round? Jackson will most likely be a 1st round pick, and the kid has a lot of talent. I'm wondering if Saban feels that his QB (Cutler), will be gone by the time the Dolphins r on the clock in the first. I personally don't think we should draft a reciever in the 1st if that's their plan, I would much rather see us go grab a S or LB. We now see the Steelers had great success picking a SS with the #16 pick, Polamalu is one of the best defensive players in the league now, we sure could use a guy like Huff or Bing.

Miamifin23 said:
Do you think the Dolphins are thinking of drafting a reciever in the 1st round? Jackson will most likely be a 1st round pick, and the kid has a lot of talent. I'm wondering if Saban feels that his QB (Cutler), will be gone by the time the Dolphins r on the clock in the first. I personally don't think we should draft a reciever in the 1st if that's their plan, I would much rather see us go grab a S or LB. We now see the Steelers had great success picking a SS with the #16 pick, Polamalu is one of the best defensive players in the league now, we sure could use a guy like Huff or Bing.

I would think we'd go priority wise QB, then S, then LB, then CB, DT, then WR. Maybe Saban's just making backup plans for his backup plans. You can never be too ready.

I think we are just doing our duty and exploring all options at this point. Saban doesn't like to cut short any corner, besides its too early to know for sure if jackson if a first round guy, he could easily fall to the 2nd.(chambers in 01')

I think Saban is just doing what he is always doing... being extremely thorough... He will be prepared for every situation. Who knows... maybe someone will want to trade up to #16 and we trade down? Saban is just getting ready...

Last thing we need to do is draft a reciever with our #1 pick. I couldnt think of any position that would be worst for us to draft besides tightend or kicker.

Nasty said:
I think Saban is just doing what he is always doing... being extremely thorough... He will be prepared for every situation. Who knows... maybe someone will want to trade up to #16 and we trade down? Saban is just getting ready...

I agree. Coaches have all their bases covered come draft day. They know their prospects in case of any situation coming up. Coach Saban is just covering another base, getting familiar with this player in particular. I'm sure he'll have many interviews, personal workouts and scouting workouts with a lot of other players too.

Jackson is a playmaker. If we could somehow grab him in the 2nd that would be great, or if for some reason Saban trades down. But I do agree we have bigger needs than WR.

SpeedRush99 said:
Jackson is a playmaker. If we could somehow grab him in the 2nd that would be great, or if for some reason Saban trades down. But I do agree we have bigger needs than WR.

Chad Jackson is a 1st Rounder

All of last years draft experts were saying that Saban likes to go for the skill positions in the higher rounds so I would not be surprised if we take a receiver.

I wouldnt mind a wr - I thought C.C was very quiet until the final stretch when he started having those big games. He always starts the season slow - he needs to be more consistent over the whole season. But, he still had a great year and I congratulate him!

Saban willl not pass on a player he might think is a superstar to draft a player of need, its called "best player available".

I'm not saying he's views Jackson that way, I'm just pointing out for the closeminded crowd that anything is possible.

dominizzo said:
Chad Jackson is a 1st Rounder

Hence the reason I said if there was a way we could get him in the 2nd that'd be great. :rolleyes:

Agua said:
Why would anyone want to replace Booker?

because i do not think he will be here any longer. If TO is a possibility, he is trade bait, plus i believe he could be cut to free up more cap space

Back
Top Bottom