Merged: Chad Jackson... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chad Jackson...

I love CJ but he's no TO. He would be a great #3 right away and challenge Booker for the #2 spot after enough reps. He's a playmaker.

SabanEra84 said:
is it time we squashed the TO rumors or is this a potential replacement for Booker?
Neither (for this reason), but if we squash the TO rumors it's fine by me. So we are talking to Jackson at the Senior Bowl. We will probably talk to most of the players there. Not sure why this is considered "news".

does anyone have more info on chad jackson? I dont follow much college football and would like to know more about him.

also to comment on the booker thing....I think for some reason fans seem to underappreciate him and always see him as expendible. However, I think he's a great compliment to chambers. If we got a solid young #3 guy we would be set a WR for years to come.

Dolfan4life! said:
Neither (for this reason), but if we squash the TO rumors it's fine by me. So we are talking to Jackson at the Senior Bowl. We will probably talk to most of the players there. Not sure why this is considered "news".

Considering CJ was a Junior this season, I don't think we are talking to him at the Senior Bowl.

SuperDuperFan said:
does anyone have more info on chad jackson? I dont follow much college football and would like to know more about him.

also to comment on the booker thing....I think for some reason fans seem to underappreciate him and always see him as expendible. However, I think he's a great compliment to chambers. If we got a solid young #3 guy we would be set a WR for years to come.

Jackson is a playmaker with very reliable hands. He set the single season record for receptions at Florida this year with 88 catches for 900 yards and 9 TDs, plus 2 rushing TDs. Very athletic, can make some circus catches similar to Chambers but not quite as acrobatic. Won't drop the easy ones like Chris though either. He would be a great addition.

Dolfan4life! said:

FinzCrazy said:
Considering CJ was a Junior this season, I don't think we are talking to him at the Senior Bowl.

Exactly

Holy crap!! We talked ot a player!!! I'm going to go order my Chad Jackson jersey now!!

Who cares if we replace booker, if we draft Jackson or who ever its not like they will start....

The most important thing is to get some young guys behind our starters that we can groom for the future.

Man o' man!!!! Guys regardless if we draft him or not..its not gonna change our approach on much.....Saban isnt sitting around thinking " If I draft Jackson, I can let Booker go. Or stop looking for a CHEAP alternative" Rookie Wr's rarely come in and start so while it would be nice..its not rational.

hdjetta6316 said:
Who cares if we replace booker, if we draft Jackson or who ever its not like they will start.....

:confused: Why not? If they're good enough they'll start. Where were you this past season when we started 3 rookies?

DBoston80 said:
Man o' man!!!! Guys regardless if we draft him or not..its not gonna change our approach on much.....Saban isnt sitting around thinking " If I draft Jackson, I can let Booker go. Or stop looking for a CHEAP alternative" Rookie Wr's rarely come in and start so while it would be nice..its not rational.

Not true at all.

SpeedRush99 said:
:confused: Why not? If they're good enough they'll start. Where were you this past season when we started 3 rookies?

Rookie WR'S rarely start.

DBoston80 said:
Rookie WR'S rarely start.

BS

Fitzgerald
Boldin
Edwards
Clayton
Evans
Mike Williams
Roy Williams

Theres plenty

Lets look at this year..

Edwards CLE...didnt start the first month of the season.
T. Williamson MIN...did not start but maybe 2-3 games.
M.Williams DET....Never started a game.

thats 3 top ten WR's from last year...it doesnt mean there not/wont be good..point is its hard to come right in and play.

And your talking releasing seasoned Vets..like Booker in hopes that a mid 1st/second round prospect like Jackson would pan out???

Back
Top Bottom