MERGED: Channing Crowder the 70th Pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Channing Crowder the 70th Pick

our offense was rated #29 last year......our defense was rated #8th last year...i dont understand why Saban is going all defense besides Ronnie Brown. a Good RB for us wont make our offense much better. In the 4th round, i pray he goes offense and picks a Center. I hope we get some sort of trade done so that we can pick a Center in round 4, a Safety in round 5, and STILL get a much needed QB...Stefan Lefors wont be there in the 7th round, nor will Greene/Orton/McPherson.

too many injuries and is a total punk of the field...though is very talented....if we were going to take a risk .....mcphearson was the way to go.......espn even said he could of been had as late as the 5th....not sold on this pick first 2 were very nice

And his dad was a Dolphin !!! Brilliant !!! Time for some beers ( not Guiness though ) Brilliant !!!

His Dudeness said:
i like the pic and think crowder has a ton of upside. but i've heard he's very limited in defending the pass...?
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/crowder_channing

"In pass coverage, Crowder is a little a stiff in his hips, but shows an excellent burst and quickness out of his breaks. He is like a safety in short-area coverage, as Crowder can easily cover tight ends and running backs in the flats. He is also a solid deep-coverage defender who can easily run with receivers in his zone."

I don't like what I'm hearing about his knees, but Saban knows far more about it then I do. So i'll wait and see about Crowder. BTW, Crowders father also played for the Fins!!

If he can stay healthy, it's a great pick.

Crowder could come in right away and start next to Zach and Junior.

What a great situation Crowder has found himself in. He gets to learn how to be an NFL LB by playing alongside Zach Thomas and Junior Seau

Alot of talent and a defense coach just will not pass up talent over need. next pick should be o-line.

Lights_Out said:
too many injuries and is a total punk of the field...though is very talented....if we were going to take a risk .....mcphearson was the way to go.......espn even said he could of been had as late as the 5th....not sold on this pick first 2 were very nice

Oh and ESPN's guys have never been wrong about that sort of thing, right? :rolleyes:

Crowder definately has injury concerns and minor character concerns, but IMO he has better instincts than Derrick Johnson and if he stays healthy will be be the better NFL LB. Florida's D disappeared whenever he was off the field. He was the leader and the playmaker even as a freshman.

He has bad knees. One hit to them and he is done. Bad pick. They need to pick up a QB. What about the help to the offensive line?

I have just spent 30 of the angriest minutes I have ever lived through in my entire life.

BOTH "good" QBs GONE right out from under our noses. This is "Keep Saban From Getting a QB Day". Unreal... WE NEED OFFENSE!!!!!

And then we waste a pick on this THUG. Whose dad played for the Dolphins all right and Shula kicked him off the team for coke. Like father like son... This guy DEFINES off-field issues.

What is Saban thinking? I SWEATED BLOOD to get this guy hired and he's going defense like wannabe would.

What are we gonna have to do to get some IMPACT OFFENSIVE TALENT on this team?

:yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:

Back
Top Bottom