MERGED: Channing Crowder the 70th Pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Channing Crowder the 70th Pick

Our defence is gonna be bigger this next season.Nick wants players with high motors and he's getting them.I think is time to turn to offence tomorrow tho.There's no doubt that we'll see a lot of the 3-4 next year.We'll have a 4-3 base but with the players we're getting we're gonna move guys around.

Ozzy rules!!

In terms of his health he's very boom or bust. He's more instinctive than Derrick Johnson and if it weren't for the knees he might even be considered a better LB, but those knees are awful.

This was defensive drafting IMO. If the guy only has a five year career, so be it. The bottom line is the Patriots were going to get him at the bottom of round 3 if we did not, and the Patriots have that immediate need at ILB with Bruschi out for 2005 to justify the selection.

Still, if Crowder's knees hold up, that kid is going to blow some people up and I especially like him sitting right next to Matt Roth who will play OLB/DE.

A guy that big with that many knee problems.....Seems like a throw away.
Even if he stays healthy initially, how many years can this guy possiblly last. Steve Emtman anyone?

I think AM would have been a much better risk pick....Saban had me till this pick.

I like Saban and I'm all for giving him praise when its deserved. I really liked our first two picks (Ronnie Brown, Matt Roth), however....I really DON'T like the risk involved with this pick at all!

There were so many other choices that I believe would have been better and safer. When we only have a few picks to begin with, its not a good idea to gamble when other options are there that would help us.

Boomer......what are your thoughts? I respect your opinion.

Saban has first knowledge of this player because of the SEC and our offense will be better not only because of brown but because of our new o-line coach. Look at what he did in sd. Good pick.

So i guess we will be seeing firesaban.com now :shakeno: Relax guy, Saban wanted a guy that people can fear on defense and he has done that. I wouldnt worry about Crowder character because Saban can change that. Crowder will do good for us so relaz on him. This was a good pick by Saban. I expect for us to go OL/QB/FS in the next round.

I sort of like it and I sort of dont. I would have rather picked McPherson or maybe Shazor.

ItalianDolFan said:
Stefan Lefors wont be there in the 7th round, nor will Greene/Orton/McPherson.

David Greene would be a steal in the fifth-round. I've seen Fitzpatrick play, and I'd definitely take him in the seventh-round. I highly doubt he's going to fall that far, though. They're the only two remaining QBs that I'm interested in, but I wouldn't take either one at #104.

It looks like we're going to stick with Feeley and Frerotte.

I'd absolutely love to see Leinart enter the supplemental draft...

Cornelius Wortham was just as good maybe better than channing crowder without the (knee problems) or any injury problems at all....

i could be wrong

I like what Saban has done so far. He is picking up people that have a desire to play football and are playmakers.

I do not know why people are hung up on a late round QB who is going to carry the clipboard and compete against Rosenfelds. There are higher priority positions that need to be filled.

I also would like to see some offensive line next.

Back
Top Bottom