MERGED: Channing Crowder the 70th Pick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Channing Crowder the 70th Pick

mbsinmisc said:
scouts inc has him listed as #1 mlb
Scouts Inc has Channing listed as #1 MLB? I don't know, this one is where you trust Saban has a good feel about the health. I personally would've favoured a pick on offense (WR, QB, C), but I'm more than willing to have some faith.

When are you guys gonna get it through your head we dont need a QB, we have one named AJ Feeley..

AGILITY

4.62 in the 40-yard dash … 360-pound bench press … 580-pound squat … 343-pound power clean … 34-inch vertical jump … 33¼-inch arm length … 9¾-inch hands.

Cha

Channing is the man. I'm a Gators/Dolphins fan here in Gainesville and I can tell you he will be the heir apparent to Junior Seau's role as the blitzing linebacker. Same purpose he served at UF....GREAT pick up by Saban who played against him twice while at LSU.

When I saw Channing Crowder as our pick, I had to pinch myself. I couldn't believe we landed this guy in the 3rd round! Some scouts actually had him as a 1st round prospect. Tell you the truth, I don't know much about him, but I am worried about his knees. Can someone who knows a lot about the situation tell me what is the main problem with his knees?

As for Crowder's knees, he was checked out very thoroughly by a renowned orthopedic surgeon before the draft and the report I saw said the doctor said his knees were no more likely to be a problem than someone with no prior injuries. For whatever it's worth.

You guys who don't like this pick should give it a chance first. Crowder has a great motor, and regardless of his knees, he's a great player of the game.

He's smart as hell, and fits right into that Saban / Belichick mold. Trust me, the Pats were looking very hard at him as well. We made out great today!!!

We should focus on OL tomorrow. Saban knows what he wants....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

dolphingator said:
I have just spent 30 of the angriest minutes I have ever lived through in my entire life.

BOTH "good" QBs GONE right out from under our noses. This is "Keep Saban From Getting a QB Day". Unreal... WE NEED OFFENSE!!!!!

And then we waste a pick on this THUG. Whose dad played for the Dolphins all right and Shula kicked him off the team for coke. Like father like son... This guy DEFINES off-field issues.

What is Saban thinking? I SWEATED BLOOD to get this guy hired and he's going defense like wannabe would.

What are we gonna have to do to get some IMPACT OFFENSIVE TALENT on this team?

:yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:

...we took an impact player on offensive at number 2. Saban said he wanted to get younger on defense, Im not shocked by these picks. I want to get some more talent at Qb, Wr but there isnt anyone that I think we really missed with these picks. The Qbs in this draft suck. The only one I wanted was Smith. Free agency isnt over yet so dont get your panties in a knot just yet.

BLITZKRIEG said:
You guys who don't like this pick should give it a chance first. Crowder has a great motor, and regardless of his knees, he's a great player of the game.

He's smart as hell, and fits right into that Saban / Belichick mold. Trust me, the Pats were looking very hard at him as well. We made out great today!!!

We should focus on OL tomorrow. Saban knows what he wants....

PHINZ RULE!!!!
I like the pick very much, but I will always have the injury worry in the back of my head.

Also, I think with tomorrow we should grap an Offensive Lineman in round 4, a QB in round 5 and a Saftey in round 7.

fins317 said:
He is picking up people that have a desire to play football and are playmakers.

I think every football has been described as the above at sometime. And let's not forget 'hard-working', 'hustles' and 'football-smart'. At some point we need a redefine to the marginal level of each intangible. Because if so many players have these abilities, they are not necessarily attributes. And thus have no business in the evaluation of any player.

crowder hasn't had a serious injury since high school...stop buying into the ESPN hype about players and do your own research folks

Most of you guys have no idea what you're talking about. Just shut up. Crowder was an excellent pick up. The guy was a projected late 1st round, early 2nd round pick. There are NO god Qb's in this draft left other than smith that are prob better than feely. So quit your bitching!!!

i can't believe miami would take someone with off-field troubles like crowder - they should have picked someone upstanding like adrian "double down check fraud" mcpherson :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom