MERGED: Chiefs sign Sean Smith | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Chiefs sign Sean Smith

Funny to read all the hate for him on here. He was the best CB on our team...lol. We now have two highly overpaid guys that cannot play as well as the guy you guys hated so much..lol.

I hope we strike gold in the draft. Otherwise Brady and others will continue to shred our secondary and that will lead you guys to start hating on the new guys saying we should have kept our other LB's..lol.

You are aware that Brady has been shredding the Dolphins D featuring Smith and the recently released LBs for quite some time right? You know Dansby, getting burned by Welker, Sean Smith dazed and confused as always giving up a 10 yard cushion when all Pats need for a 1st down is 3 yards, and of course Burnett getting trucked ever so often....yeah they won't be missed. About the bolded part....I'm just going to say people need to know the difference between a player that's the best at his position on your team because he's you know, actually good and a player that is the best at his position on your team by default because the team is really weak at that position.

It's just like the people that grade a draft class as good because those players may have started a bunch of games. Even though those players may be mediocre and probably starting because of injuries or because that's all that was at their position.

You are aware that Brady has been shredding the Dolphins D featuring Smith and the recently released LBs for quite some time right? You know Dansby, getting burned by Welker, Sean Smith dazed and confused as always giving up a 10 yard cushion when all Pats need for a 1st down is 3 yards, and of course Burnett getting trucked ever so often....yeah they won't be missed. About the bolded part....I'm just going to say people need to know the difference between a player that's the best at his position on your team because he's you know, actually good and a player that is the best at his position on your team by default because the team is really weak at that position.

It's just like the people that grade a draft class as good because those players may have started a bunch of games. Even though those players may be mediocre and probably starting because of injuries or because that's all that was at their position.

I get what you are saying... But really what LB has a chance to successfully defend a pass vs Welker..lol.? Brady shredding a secondary is not news as he is a Top 5 QB of All-Time in my eyes. Smith giving a cushion is a large part of a playcall. I don't remember reading that the Fins were calling plays and Smith was not following orders. The point is that Sean was the best at his position on this team. He is no longer on the team, thus weakens an already weak secondary. Miami's CB's right now are a joke when you put them up vs a good to elite QB. I hope the draft brings us new talent and Miami is aggressive in getting at least one of the Top CB's in the draft.

But don't think that Miami is better off without Sean Smith as of right now. Now if Miami goes out and gets a couple of Rookies to show some serious skills that could warrant one of them starting for most teams in the NFL, yes Miami made the right move. But if Miami misses out on the rooks and we must rely on our current guys to get the job done, be prepared to think that S. Smith much better than you thought. It's easy to get on any player for making mistakes throughout a season, but the truth is that only a handful are truly elite. Sean was not... but he was closer to be a solid CB than any current CB on this roster. He had 7 TO's last year...bricks for hands for sure! But he did make some good plays, he was worth the Chiefs contract in my eyes. I don't think Marshall is worth more than 2-3 mil per season. That is with the new market values... Good CB's are going to run you about 5-7 mil per season. Great CB's are going to run about 8-10 per season. Elite CB's are going to run about 10-16 mil per season. It all depends on the contract length and signing bonus.

I am worried about our secondary as most any Dolphin fan should be at this point. We will need to push about 10-12 mil of our current cap into next season to offset the 30 Mil on the three new players. Then get ready to spend on an expensive CB, if the draft does not yield two solid prospects for the future. Miami has made some good moves so far, but we have also created a major need for Tackle & Cornerback. Rome was not built in a day... I things pan out and Miami gets back to winning the Division!

Not going to praise or bash Smith, just point out the fact that $6 mil/yr for 3 years is a little high for a CB that was OK. We obviously need replacements at that spot, but between what out in the market and the draft, we should be just fine.

I'm so relieved about this I was really worried he'd be back. I don't know how anyone can remotely defend sean smith they just must be big fans of him personally. He singlehandedly cost us at least 2 games this year allowing big plays by mediocre QBs in clutch time. Anyway glad he's gone can't wait to see the new look D this year.

Who isn't happy about this? If you're gonna be clingy about a fin, at least cling onto a good one

I'm so relieved about this I was really worried he'd be back. I don't know how anyone can remotely defend sean smith they just must be big fans of him personally. He singlehandedly cost us at least 2 games this year allowing big plays by mediocre QBs in clutch time. Anyway glad he's gone can't wait to see the new look D this year.

Okay... He cost us 2+ games last year and helped us win some games too. Who are you going to replace him with...?

It's easy to say replace this guy, let this guy walk, cut this guy... But it is a lot harder to replace the player..lol.

Miami is not a lock to get one of the Top 2 CB's in this draft. The Free Agent pool is low... Teams know that Miami is looking now towards the draft for CB's. Teams can jump us for the talent or Miami could end up having to trade up to get one of them.

I'm not saying he was the best thing since sliced bread by any means... I just amazed at the hate for him on this site. He is a solid #2 CB that can match up vs tall physical type players. There is a lot worse starting CB's in the league right now and Miami is worse off without him as our current guys might get death threats from some here between plays this coming season..lol.

Smith is better than any CB we have now. I hope that changes after the draft and we land one or TWO guys better than him. But damn fellas chances are they are not going to be a C. Bailey or D. Revis any time soon..lol. If your not elite... you are going to make a lot of bad plays and hopefully a lot of good plays too...

Okay... He cost us 2+ games last year and helped us win some games too. Who are you going to replace him with...?

It's easy to say replace this guy, let this guy walk, cut this guy... But it is a lot harder to replace the player..lol.

Miami is not a lock to get one of the Top 2 CB's in this draft. The Free Agent pool is low... Teams know that Miami is looking now towards the draft for CB's. Teams can jump us for the talent or Miami could end up having to trade up to get one of them.

I'm not saying he was the best thing since sliced bread by any means... I just amazed at the hate for him on this site. He is a solid #2 CB that can match up vs tall physical type players. There is a lot worse starting CB's in the league right now and Miami is worse off without him as our current guys might get death threats from some here between plays this coming season..lol.

Smith is better than any CB we have now. I hope that changes after the draft and we land one or TWO guys better than him. But damn fellas chances are they are not going to be a C. Bailey or D. Revis any time soon..lol. If your not elite... you are going to make a lot of bad plays and hopefully a lot of good plays too...

That's just not true you're giving him a pass for sucking. Ike Taylor isn't elite but he's a solid corner who doesn't give up nearly as many big plays as smith plus he can tackle and force turnovers smith couldn't do any of those things. He sucks I'm glad he's gone our D is better off without him.

Who isn't happy about this? If you're gonna be clingy about a fin, at least cling onto a good one

I wont ever act like Smith is all world but for all the people bashing Smith we have two worse corners making similar money on our roster in Marshall and Patterson

I wont ever act like Smith is all world but for all the people bashing Smith we have two worse corners making similar money on our roster in Marshall and Patterson

I know where you're going with this, and it's actually a good point. But let me play devil's advocate which won't be hard for me because I do not like Smith. Marshall played out of position and it showed before he got hurt. Marshall is more suited to play safety or nickel, not on the boundary where he struggled. Patterson came late in the season, not enough action to evaluate properly but he showed promise, and he's more physical than Smith. Smith is a big corner that plays with no heart, can't tackle, can't catch, and can't cover. The only thing he has going for him is height. If I'm wrong please correct me. He's been in the league four years and has nothing to show for it, yet he wants to be paid like a #1 CB. I saw more potential in Brian McCann than I saw in Smith. After typing all of this out, I'm actually relieved he's gone. :brewskis:

Now I do hope we sign a FA CB and draft another one early.

except those two haven't been here for years and acting like they ARE all-world. give it time, we'll hate them soon enough. plus smith was an embarrassment on the field, acting like he impacted plays where he was badly beaten on. guy is a moronic clown.

I'm so glad!!! Do we play KC this year? Now I can stop all my rants about his lack of production, shoddy tackling, excessive tweeting and game-loser-mentality. Best FA move we made...OK, perhaps I just went over the top. But I was worried we'd sign him and I don't think he helps a team win games.

Back
Top Bottom