MERGED: Chiefs sign Sean Smith | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Chiefs sign Sean Smith

Good riddance. Now he can miss tackles and drop passes for somebody else.

Do people think we had a bunch of CBs better than Smith and just chose not to play them? This may not be a huge loss, but it's definitely a loss.

He was a FA. How is losing out on him any different than losing out on any other FA CB? Either way we had to sign a CB this offseason. And the fact that Smith was the best of the bunch (on the phins last year, not in the FA CB market) just shows that we need to grab more than one either through FA or the draft. This doesn't change that in any way. It just means we have the opportunity to improve rather than stick with the ****ty status quo.

I feel a lot better now. I don't care if he came back for the minimum they need a guy out there that can cover and make plays. I'd rather throw darts at a list of FA corners then have him back.

If you replace Smith you might have a hole in the defense, if you keep him you have a hole for sure!

Kansas City-- famous for burnt ends; soon to be famous for burnt corners.

Sean has progressively improved and I wish him well in KC, but $18M over 3 years is still a lot for an average CB. It helps that he's over 6'3" and a very good character guy. Ireland is probably looking at drafting a replacement with bigger upside.

Now how does it work?

do we get a specific round draft choice?
and/or
does KC get penalized a specific draft choice

for tampering?

...and what rounds would they likely be?

Rotorworld is reporting 3 years for $18 mil with $11 mil guaranteed.

The news — first "reported" by Smith's former teammate Vontae Davis two weeks ago — comes via Smith's agent. He joins Brandon Flowers and Dunta Robinson to form one of the league's better cornerback trios, though Robinson could still end up at safety. It's the same failed strategy Andy Reid adopted in Philadelphia, but he's willing to give it a second chance as division-rival Denver transforms itself into an offensive colossus. Regardless of where Robinson plays, Smith will book end Flowers on the outside. The Chiefs might not be ready to compete for a playoff spot, but are going to be a far tougher out in 2013.

I actually might watch a few chiefs games just to watch him celebrate on an incomplete deep pass after he got smoked by 5 steps lol

Can't wait for the inevitable several Chiefsplanet members to show up asking our opinions.

Back
Top Bottom