Merged: CJ Anderson Super Thread- Offer sheet decision today | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CJ Anderson Super Thread- Offer sheet decision today

They could be trying to figure out a way to come up with the $$ to match, but either way, of course Denver is waiting to just mess with us. Why? There's been a lot of speculation that we've waited on other deals in part to see how this came out. If true, why wouldn't Denver want to drag this out and prevent us from going after any other players they might want to keep or bring in themselves. Big maybe, but you never know.

Why would we be waiting g on this deal to make others? We've got plenty of cap to still work other deals while we wait... The only thing it'd stop us from doing is talk to other RBs while we waited on CJ

Why would we be waiting g on this deal to make others? We've got plenty of cap to still work other deals while we wait... The only thing it'd stop us from doing is talk to other RBs while we waited on CJ

I agree, but I've seen both on here and elsewhere that for some reason we might be waiting on this deal to figure out what next to do in FA. I'm not agreeing with that, I'm just passing it along.

What's the word?! It's 2 now and nothing ...does that mean its at 4? Or maybe mignight now?

This wait sucks.

Because it effects everything. Say we are looking at a corner back that wants 6 million and a guard that wants 5 million or whatever the numbers are that they want. Maybe we can afford to pay their price if cj doesnt go through. However if cj does go through maybe we end up talking to lower end free agents that want 4 and 3 million a year. Not to mention, not are you only accounting for this year but you'd have to account for CJ's future years on the books as well.

I am pretty sure they have until midnight. I don't think they will match it because they have been plugging in and playing various RB's in the last few seasons..I don't think they are married to the idea of having Anderson making that much money when they know they can use any RB they want. That being said, things don't always go our way. I am just happy that there are still some good RB options available if it doesn't go through.

At this rate, I wish we had Denver as the season opener and he could just run out of one of the tunnels and we could find out then.

Nope won't be that long, Denver was given 5 days to make decision. Today is the 5th day, so a decision will be made today.

Well the Sun-Sentinel says midnight
Denver running back C.J. Anderson, a restricted free agent, becomes a member of the Dolphins if the Broncos don’t match the offer sheet Anderson signed by midnight Tuesday.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ng-denver-rb-c-j-anderson-20160314-story.html

The Miami Hearald says 4:00
... the deadline for the Denver Broncos to either match the four-year, $18 million contract the Dolphins offered C.J. Anderson, or let Anderson leave for Miami. As of late Monday, there was no word if the Broncos would keep Anderson, who has rushed for 1,607 yards and 13 touchdowns in three NFL seasons.

The Broncos control the process between now and 4 p.m. Tuesday; the Dolphins are as curious as the rest of us what they will do.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article66037587.html#storylink=cpy

Which the **** is it???

Adam Beasley Retweeted
Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 3h3 hours ago
Barry Jackson Retweeted Alain Poupart
Reports in Denver had been 4 p.m. EST deadline. Now eight hours later. Barry Jackson added,
Alain Poupart @apoupartFins
For further clarification, the deadline for the @broncos on the C.J. Anderson offer sheet from the @MiamiDolphins is midnight, Eastern time.

Adam Beasley Retweeted
Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 3h3 hours ago
Barry Jackson Retweeted Alain Poupart
Reports in Denver had been 4 p.m. EST deadline. Now eight hours later. Barry Jackson added,
Alain Poupart @apoupartFins
For further clarification, the deadline for the @broncos on the C.J. Anderson offer sheet from the @MiamiDolphins is midnight, Eastern time.

"Whos" On first............."Whats" on second" , "I Dont Know" is on third........

Back
Top Bottom