Merged: Cold Pizza/Saban to bring in veteran QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Cold Pizza/Saban to bring in veteran QB

mbsinmisc

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Cold Pizza

They just said Saban told Frerrotte he is bringing in Veteran QB . Gus distraught, considers retirement.

ESPN just talked about saban bringin in a veteran QB

apparently saban sat down with gus either yesterday or this morning and told him he wont be the starter next year and that he is bringing in a veteran QB to start next year. This was just stated on Cold Pizza, i dont remember who the reporter was. They also said that gus is so disappointed that he is contimplating retirement.

Anyone else see this? Just wanted to confirm it was said like that, and how would they know about it anyway? Saban called them afterward? ;)

Gus was good to poor last season, and QB needs an upgrade. With Linehan gone Gus lost his one true advantage in knowing the offensive system well.

How do you guys think this affects our first round pick. If Nick is getting a veteran QB will he get a young QB in the draft as well, it seems likely, or will he get someone to help the Defense or offensive line. Thoughts?

If this is a true I thank Gus for doing a pretty darn good job this past year. Despite the constant bashing he got, I felt he did a solid, solid job and made a lot of big plays this past year.

Well....two of us posted it at the exact same time... is that good enough confirmation?? Notice the thread was merged?

mbsinmisc said:
Just kidding back. this is the biggest news of the offseason, and that is saying something!!
Well IMO Gus was not bad last year...he wasn't any great shakes either, but with SL gone I guess the honeymoon's over.

Back
Top Bottom