Merged: Cold Pizza/Saban to bring in veteran QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Cold Pizza/Saban to bring in veteran QB

I wouldnt think much about what was said on cold pizza..Why dont we wait and see what happens?

Good news. Gus wasn't horrible, but he wasn't good enough to take us anywhere we want to go.

ABG, Anybody But Gus

I jumped up from my computer accompanied by little yelps of glee when I saw this thread. Two things I like about this: Saban was straightforward enough with Frerotte to let him know he is not going to start next year, despite the postitive affirmations given on Gus's behalf by Saban during the season. Saban doesn't completely throw the talentless turd under the bus by harboring him as safe option number two, or "we will have an open competition" horse-****. I have seen the future and it isn't Gus Frerotte. Yippee, yah, I am going to Disneyland:dolphins:

so Olbruck.... if you would have seen this on cold pizza, you wouldnt have posted it?? just cuz it was on cold pizza?? i know woody and skip arent very knowledgable, but its not like they are gonna have a segment on there and lie about it, besides it was from a league source.

WOW, this is huge, if it pans out. And it would be consistent with the asggressive decisiveness the front office is showing already this offseason. I feel bad for Gus. He wasn't horrible, but he was Gus, and that level of mediocrity apparently doesn't cut it anymore.

And yes, we'll be drafting a QB, in my opinion.

DcRy82 said:
so Olbruck.... if you would have seen this on cold pizza, you wouldnt have posted it?? just cuz it was on cold pizza?? i know woody and skip arent very knowledgable, but its not like they are gonna have a segment on there and lie about it, besides it was from a league source.

Probably not...

SKing29 said:
How do you guys think this affects our first round pick. If Nick is getting a veteran QB will he get a young QB in the draft as well, it seems likely, or will he get someone to help the Defense or offensive line. Thoughts?

From everything I've seen Saban is a smart guy and stays on top of his game. Add that to the influence of Mueller and I'd be dumbfounded if we didn't draft a QB on the first day of the draft next year.

A vet QB pickup may improve us for next year but it does nothing to change the fact that we have ZERO young talent being groomed at one of footballs most important positions for the future. They realize that and will be addressing it IMO.

Trekbiz said:
From everything I've seen Saban is a smart guy and stays on top of his game. Add that to the influence of Mueller and I'd be dumbfounded if we didn't draft a QB on the first day of the draft next year.

A vet QB pickup may improve us for next year but it does nothing to change the fact that we have ZERO young talent being groomed at one of footballs most important positions for the future. They realize that and will be addressing it IMO.

In addition, Saban telling Gus this early in the offseason tells me that Saban already has "the guy" he wants in mind and that he's very confident in getting "that guy".

You don't burn a bridge before knowing how your going to get across the river.

Wow, huh?

Man, could Saban be set on making a run THIS year? We can ammass young talent while at the same time competing for a championship.

B

DolphinDevil28 said:
Wow, huh?

Man, could Saban be set on making a run THIS year? We can ammass young talent while at the same time competing for a championship.

What a change huh?
Amazing how a good leader can attempt immediate success while also planning for the future at the same time.

It will be interesting to see who this "vet QB" is.
I don't see any CLEAR upgrades over Gus that are readily available.

opfinistic said:
So who do you think we should bring?

With Saban/Mueller at the controls it is impossible to guess. I would be suprised if we mortgaged the future, But Ricky/Sam plus a first day pick could yield a good player. I guess the Cutler bandwagon just lost an axle.

Back
Top Bottom