Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 121 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Shamboubou said:
This could turn out to be the biggest mistake in franchise history, if we get Culpepper. I know there are a lot of people one here that are in a love fest with Daunte and think he's the best we can get but here is what I see when looking at Culpepper.

1. The biggest telling stat between winning and losing in the NFL is TURNOVERS! Culpepper averages 1 INT and 1 FUMBLE every game. Not something that we can afford to have on this team.

2. Many players struggle with recovering for ACL or MCL tears. The fact is Culpepper tore every ligament in his knee. Not only may he not be as good, he might not even make it back.

3. Daunte is going to be dragging his leg around for half the season, and even when he does come back his risk of reinjuring that knee is greatly increased.

4. I know that Daunte had a great year a couple years ago, and we even mentioned in the same breath with Peyton, but without Moss he was nothing last year. I'm mean its one thing to go from a really good QB to a good QB, but its another thing to go from a really good QB to a flat out bad QB.

There is way too much negative that is against Culpepper, for me to be comfortable with taking him on this team. Much less people forget that as of right now we would have to give up a draft pick to get him. People need to start looking deeper than Madden before they start advocating to get a QB here that might not ever even take a snap for the Fins if we sign him. We would be missing out on one of the best offseason chances to fix a position that we are really weak in, on a QB that might not play again.

I do trust Saban to do what is right, and I will support his decision, but I will really need to be convinced why it was the right decision before I like it.

great post sham... and even greater avatar :wink:

All right, this is all getting out of control now, all these "insiders" should donate their money to charity because no one has earned a honest dime here since no one knows what the hell is going on with these two QB's.

I'm watching Total Access, thought I'd pass this along to all of you Fin fans: Schefter was on there, and he just said that he can GUARANTEE that Oakland is not one of the teams that has a deal in place for Culpepper. The two teams he mentioned that could have deals on the table are Miami and the Jets.

AZStryker said:
Old broadcast from early this morning. Things change. Pep to the Raiders, Brees to the fins!

Actually, NFL Total Access at 7 PM is a LIVE show.

Adam Schefter reproted that there are two teams that the Vikes are dealing with and they are NOT Oakland,Baltimore or N.O. ......do the math...who does that leave.......Adam had been pretty spot on if I remember correctly...he said that a deal will be done by Sat with one of those two teams.......He mentioned the Jets and the Phins..........with the phins being the front runner..........He would not commit to those two teams, but he is said he is positive that it is not one of the three that I mentioned at the begining of this post

I dont believe that. They might just be saying that to try to get him for less. I think Daunte will be in oakland next year

AZStryker said:
Old broadcast from early this morning. Things change. Pep to the Raiders, Brees to the fins!
This is a new NFL Total Access report. Adam Schefter reported the Raiders and Saints are not trading for Culpepper!!

Adam Shefter just said Brees first visit this weekend is with the Saints or rather the Saints are trying to make them his first visit and Brees would visit this weekend.

rickeyrunsover said:
Adam Shefter just said Brees first visit this weekend is with the Saints or rather the Saints are trying to make them his first visit and Brees would visit this weekend.

I heard him say that too. Hmm....Maybe the saints will throw too much cash at him to deny?

Jets Fan said:
Actually, NFL Total Access at 7 PM is a LIVE show.

That's funny, it's the exact same thing he said this morning. No wait, it's not funny. It IS the same one. Huh, unless my tivoed version from this morning is some how a pirated pre broadcast rehearsal. Nah, I'm not that lucky. It's the same one.:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom