Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 123 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Jets are already locked into Ramsey, if Schefter is saying they are in the culp mix he is a straight-out liar. This is all about "ego" and "protecting your source" who is bogus.

AZStryker said:
Dude, It may be recorded live, but they replay them through out the day. Surely you can't be that short sighted!?!?!?! I just re watched my earlier report and it is the exact same schefter report!

Arguing I guess is pointless. I'll be proven right or wrong if/when pepper lands in OAK and Brees to Miami.

Shefter report can be the same if he has no new info to report. I am watching now and Mayhock has a diff report than he did last nite. Usually the morning show is a repeat of the nite before.

dolphingator said:
The Jets are already locked into Ramsey, if Schefter is saying they are in the culp mix he is a straight-out liar. This is all about "ego" and "protecting your source" who is bogus.

dude, How do you KNOW that the jets are locked into ramsey??? Because a SPORTS NEWS GUY REPORTS IT!!! maybe that guy is a liar?

Where Cullpepper is heading

Oakland just offically released Kerry Collins. I think the Raiders will give the Vikings a good deal, so Cullpepper and Moss might be hooking up again this season.

Which is good because no one wanted Cullpepper in Miami anyways.

Now Drew Brees HAS to be a Dolphin, or I ill cry!!:boohoo:

fins5423 said:
Oakland just offically released Kerry Collins. I think the Raiders will give the Vikings a good deal, so Cullpepper and Moss will hook up again this season.

Break out the towel, cause oakland does not want him. sucks dont it.

fins5423 said:
Oakland just offically released Kerry Collins. I think the Raiders will give the Vikings a good deal, so Cullpepper and Moss will hook up again this season.

NFL Total Access says Oakland is NOT trading for Culpepper. It is now between Miami and St Louis.

Shamboubou said:
This could turn out to be the biggest mistake in franchise history, if we get Culpepper. I know there are a lot of people one here that are in a love fest with Daunte and think he's the best we can get but here is what I see when looking at Culpepper.

1. The biggest telling stat between winning and losing in the NFL is TURNOVERS! Culpepper averages 1 INT and 1 FUMBLE every game. Not something that we can afford to have on this team.

2. Many players struggle with recovering for ACL or MCL tears. The fact is Culpepper tore every ligament in his knee. Not only may he not be as good, he might not even make it back.

3. Daunte is going to be dragging his leg around for half the season, and even when he does come back his risk of reinjuring that knee is greatly increased.

4. I know that Daunte had a great year a couple years ago, and we even mentioned in the same breath with Peyton, but without Moss he was nothing last year. I'm mean its one thing to go from a really good QB to a good QB, but its another thing to go from a really good QB to a flat out bad QB.

First off, nice, well-reasoned post. I disagree, but nice post.

To each of your points:

1. That's a little misleading. Dante has lost 33 fumbles in his career. You can't count the ones he didn't lose as turnovers.

Also a lot of his turnovers, both interceptions and fumbles came in one horrible turnover year, 2002.

The fumbling IS a concern, no doubt. But not as bad as people make it sound, and not nearly enough to outwiegh his positive traits.

2. The injury issue is out of our hands. Some say Brees' is worse, others, Daunt. WE have no way of knowing. We simply have to trust that Saban is using good doctors to do the physicals.

3. Again, injury stuff is impossible to judge at this point. If the doctor's won't clear him, then absolutely it is a thumbs down.

4. Just not true. He already proved that false in 2004. Look at his stats with and without Moss. It's just something people say on sports radio when they didn't bother to do the research.

"I don't understand the idea that Daunte can't be great without great players. You watch, when he's done, people are going to remember him for his own talents. He's going to go down in history."
In truth, Culpepper already has. His 2004 stats gave him one of the top six seasons by a quarterback in league history – 4,717 passing yards, a 69-percent completion rate and 39 touchdowns against 11 interceptions. His passing/rushing yardage total of 5,123 yards was the best in NFL history. And consider what Culpepper has done through five years: Three Pro Bowl berths, the second-best completion percentage in league history and the third-best passer rating. Yet, while Peyton Manning is regularly mentioned in media essays about "greatest quarterbacks ever," Culpepper can barely sneak into the margins without some kind of scrutiny. And that was before he lost Moss.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-rt_2005_vikings&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

[mod]Your sig has been removed because it was inappropriate.[/mod]

is it definitely going down before midnight still or no?

I dont know where the St. Louis report came from, I heard us and the jets. but who knows........

I do know that it is pretty funny that when a reporter reports what someone wants to hear....they are a credible reporter....but when he reports something that they do not want to hear...he is an out right liar who never gets anything right.........LOL

Calvin Clean said:
NFL Total Access says Oakland is NOT trading for Culpepper. It is now between Miami and St Louis.

Schefter says one thing, while Clayton says the opposite. Both were strong in their convictions and cited possible scenerios. One of them is blowing smoke. I'd have to say Clayton has been more reliable in the past. Am I wrong??

InMyChambers said:
is it definitely going down before midnight still or no?

The latest reoprt that I have heard was on NFLTA. they said that it will be done by saturday. who really knows though.

AZStryker said:
Schefter says one thing, while Clayton says the opposite. Both were strong in their convictions and cited possible scenerios. One of them is blowing smoke. I'd have to say Clayton has been more reliable in the past. Am I wrong??

I am not sure on track record on either of them, but I tend to go with the dude who works for the NFL. not sayin it is right or wrong, just sayin.

nephinsfan said:
The latest reoprt that I have heard was on NFLTA. they said that it will be done by saturday. who really knows though.
this stuff is killing me. they really, really have to get this done soon cause i'm losing my mind.

InMyChambers said:
this stuff is killing me. they really, really have to get this done soon cause i'm losing my mind.

yeah that.

that is why im taking a break and not involving myself with anything sports related.

see you all tomorrow morning. i hope you all have a good night.

(dont drive and drive)

nephinsfan said:
I am not sure on track record on either of them, but I tend to go with the dude who works for the NFL. not sayin it is right or wrong, just sayin.

I never really liked Schefter, he seems like an arrogent punk. I just hope he is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom