Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 124 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sixteen Million Dollars...

That's what it would cost to get culp. NOW. THIS YEAR.

He has a $10 million base salary and a $6 million bonus payment coming due that the team picking him up would HAVE to pay. That's why Minnesota wants him out in the first place.

I hope Saban is not that stupid. I REALLY want to think he wouldn't do something like that.

AZStryker said:
Dude, It may be recorded live, but they replay them through out the day. Surely you can't be that short sighted!?!?!?! I just re watched my earlier report and it is the exact same schefter report!

Arguing I guess is pointless. I'll be proven right or wrong if/when pepper lands in OAK and Brees to Miami.

Schefter's report that was just on NFL: Total Access WAS LIVE. He may have given the same information, but it was a new report. I know this for a fact, believe me.

I wouldn't expect him to be traded anywhere without a restructured contract.

whereever Pepper goes he will reconstruct...ala Ogun in Chicago

Reconstruct. You mean his shredded knee?

Anyway he would have to restructure.

dolphingator said:
That's what it would cost to get culp. NOW. THIS YEAR.

He has a $10 million base salary and a $6 million bonus payment coming due that the team picking him up would HAVE to pay. That's why Minnesota wants him out in the first place.

I hope Saban is not that stupid. I REALLY want to think he wouldn't do something like that.

Source?

Where are you getting this $10 million base figure?

Every report I've read says he has a 6 mil bonus and a TWO million base.

Where did you get that? His 6 mil is a bonus which doesn't all count against this years cap for one. Second here is what I found on his base salary:
Player Profile

Culpepper, DaunteView Stats at Players Inc Site Player Info
Draft Info
QB (#11)
Year: 1999
Minnesota Vikings
Round: 1
Orlando, FL
Position: 11
Salary History
1999270000.002000337500.002001405000.002002972500.0020031540000.002004535000.002005540000.0020062000000.0020075500000.0020086000000.0020096000000.0020107000000.0020118000000.0020129000000.00201310000000.00
That is why he is upset at his current contract. If he was making 10 mil base with a 6 mil bonus I'm sure he wouldn't be looking to restructure his contract.

I think we traded Booker along with draft compensation (prob conditional) for Pep and a pick JMO.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9298528

DAUNTE UPDATE
The Vikings spent much today on the phones, finalizing a deal for quarterback Daunte Culpepper.

As of 7 p.m. ET, it was difficult to pinpoint where Culpepper is headed.

But it's not difficult to pinpoint where he's not.

He's not being traded to New Orleans. A Saints official said the team is not in the running for Culpepper, and New Orleans will push hard for Brees.

A Raiders official said Oakland never made an offer to Minnesota, even though the two sides spoke. The Raiders official said the team is absolutely out of the Culpepper sweepstakes.

The Baltimore Ravens are not interested in Culpepper, and likely will be pursuing Kerry Collins.

Late today, a Jets official confirmed his team won't pursue Culpepper.

Unless some team is lying -- and the teams mentioned above were adamant in their responses -- that leaves the Miami Dolphins as the only team that has admitted to being in the market for a quarterback.

Culpepper probably would be thrilled at the idea of returning home to Florida. He would be happy, the Dolphins likely would be happy, and the Vikings would be happy.

Now we wait to see if this bit of sense makes reality.

In the end, the Raiders decided to go with their young quarterbacks, Marques Tuiasosopo and Andrew Walter, whom Oakland drafted in Round 3 last year. Plus, Oakland holds the draft's No. 7 pick, where it is expected to have a chance to draft one of the three top-rated quarterbacks.

But cutting Collins had nothing to do with the Raiders' interest in Culpepper.

they can speculate all they want hes a raider baby!!!!!

you can have collins:D or hope you get brees cuz collins sucks!

Back
Top Bottom