Merged: CULPEPPER! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CULPEPPER!

Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
thats hilarious, im using the same lineup with culpepper and owens added. i also added isaac bruce in ownes place which worked out well. Brees doesnt do well in the game because he cant throw long balls or scramble.
also added mawae and will shields, sam adams and lawyer milloy

Fineas said:
I like Brees and would be happy if we can get him, but if we can get Culpepper without giving away the farm, it's a no-brainer. There are obviously a lot of people that don't like Culpepper, but I just don't get it. When you account for his rushing numbers, his production has been absolutely phenomenal. His yards per game and TDs per game are the best ever. His completion % is close to the best ever. His interception rate is comparable to HOFers like Marino, Favre, Moon, Kelly, etc. Physically, he has a lot more size and speed than any QB should be allowed to have. He's the size of a DE and runs like a fullback. He has a very strong arm and has proven to be very good at throwing deep -- in 2004 he completed an incredible 17 of 34 passes thrown more than 31 yards from scrimmage in the air. And no, it was not because of jump balls to Moss -- Moss caught only 3 of them. Below are my responses to the criticisms I hear from the Culpepper haters:

The Knee,The Fumbles,The Boat,The Moss,The 2005 INTs,The Playoffs, and The Money

THANK YOU.. THANK YOU.. THANK YOU.. Is that eloquent enough for those that needed it.. ???

To the Guy who added Mawae on Madden.. SO DID I.. Forgot about that.. lol

TyBless said:
THANK YOU.. THANK YOU.. THANK YOU.. Is that eloquent enough for those that needed it.. ???

To the Guy who added Mawae on Madden.. SO DID I.. Forgot about that.. lol

Both of u guys are right on target. this thread is a very good view on DC and we should still keep him in mind. im moving more closer to either ramsey or DC with these type of posts cuz its true, we need a downfield passing QB with a great arm. o and who cares if he touched a stripper. wow a guy accidentally touching a girl that is half or fully naked that is rubbing her goods all over him, that guy should be burnd at the stake. Some guys need to realize that sex is a part of life and if a mans more sexual than another, its not a problem

TyBless said:
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it... That's who we need, as a fan that's who I want. You should see how good we are on Madden right now with Culpepper, T.O., Chambers, McMike, Booker, Ricky and Ronnie... Oh, it's Ugly.. I also picked up Lavar Arrington while I was at it, and Ty Law...
lol..

Gotta love make believe... But ANYTHING can happen.

On Madden ?? Ok...I need read no further....

The problem with Madden, aside from being fantasyland stuff, is that it does not take into account the injury that he suffered. He suffered a major knee injury and probably won't be back in pads practicing until after the season starts. Do you still want to go after a 30 year old QB who may or may not have the mobility that he once had, and who may not be available to us until possibly mid-season this year anyways ??

Not me...sorry, dump the Madden....

LarryFinFan said:

The problem with Madden, aside from being fantasyland stuff, is that it does not take into account the injury that he suffered. He suffered a major knee injury and probably won't be back in pads practicing until after the season starts. Do you still want to go after a 30 year old QB who may or may not have the mobility that he once had, and who may not be available to us until possibly mid-season this year anyways ??

There are questions about all of the QB options. Brees may or may not be ready for the start of the season and may or may not have the marginal arm strength that he had before. Cutler, Leinart and Young likely won't be truly ready to be a starting NFL QB at the start of the season and may, or may not, become even respectable NFL QBs. Ramsey may, or may not, be ready to grasp yet another offensive system and he may, or may not, develop into a quality NFL QB. If the docs say he'll be ready at some time next year, while he's still 29 (not 30), I'd take Culpepper.

LarryFinFan said:

You have a point.. The injury is NOT there. But it's a knee injury.. Not a shoulder injury.. We are talking about a guy who threw 39 TDs the same year Manning beat Marino's record here.. Utilizing the very system we use now.. With not one RB as good as RB or Ricky..

30 shouldn't be an issue even tho he's 29..
Isn't 30 about the time where most QBs really start to get it??
Even at half of the mobility he had, he'll be better than most QBs in that department. Don't you think the fact that he'll be less inclined to run, make him a better QB...? All he has to do is give the ball to Ricky and Ronnie.. and toss it out to Chambers Booker and McMike.. Possibly T.O...

If we dont get Pep.. I just hope he stays in the NFC, and as far away from the AFC east as possible.. Cause I dont wanna look at what could've been twice a year for the next 5 to 8 years..

Thought with the news of my dude wanting out.. I'd give this thread a little... BUMP!

good Lord culpepper is terrible as many fumbles as games played and throws int's like crazy not to mention a plastic leg now. this is the worst qb i would rather stay with gus then give culpepper $70-100 like the ****** vikings did what a waste every since culpepper came into league i thought he was garbadge so we dont need his dump on our proud franchise

I also have DC as QB on Madden 06 w/ Carr as backup and WE ROX!!!
clear.gif
ALL PHINS IN 06!!!!!!
clear.gif

TyBless said:
It's funny how you wait years being the only Dolphin fan in NY in your hood to meet other fans.. Then you find a nice site, and the people are so obnoxious..

Look, it really doesn't matter how serious you think your info, your input, or your little two cents in OUR favorite teams affairs are.. This is about being a fan, and having fun. Sure you wouldn't have posted this, that's why I did...

I love having fun with this, at a time where the REAL decision makers haggle over being 100 millionaires vs. billionaires..

I could kick the "facts" with any of you, I'm sure I've been to more Dolphin home games than most, even from NY.. The idea here, is I LIKE "Pep", over Brees.

We are running an offense he is familiar with, while his knees are fubar... His ARM is not. If we are running the same exact offense as last year, HE is the QB we need, not Brees. Like another poster mentioned, either him, or Ramsey.
Brees is brilliant, but I don't think he's the kind of QB to chuck it down the field 12 times a game..

I see you can't get no respect around here unless you post a dead serious post with a link to prove your facts.. It's a FAN site, all you fake GMs are not getting any more money for visiting finheaven than I am. SO kill the personal insults. Half of you wouldn't even be nearly as outspoken in person. Cybersnobbery is just as bad as cyber thuggery. Why can't you do it like your moms told you.. Have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

Let all the rest of us fans who want to have fun.. Do just that. We are all :tantrum: just as entitled..

Ouchy! I like Culpepper too. I like Brees as well. Which one is better? Him... no him... no me... no you. We will find out soon enough my friend. All I know is our QB will be much more improved next season whoever it is.

Adam First said:
I'm in year 15 in my Madden Dolphins franchise.

Let me tell you, to dominate the league at the QB position after all the current in-game vet QBs have left, you'll have to create your own. Madden's CPU Development of QBs is absolutley horrendous.

Anyways, that's another subject...
I definately wouldn't take the Fumble Machine/Captain of the Love Boat over Brees. Didn't Culpepper blow out his knee last year?

That is the best mullet I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!

TyBless said:
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it... That's who we need, as a fan that's who I want. You should see how good we are on Madden right now with Culpepper, T.O., Chambers, McMike, Booker, Ricky and Ronnie... Oh, it's Ugly.. I also picked up Lavar Arrington while I was at it, and Ty Law...
lol..

Gotta love make believe... But ANYTHING can happen.

The hell with Culpepper, I dont even want him to be our waterboy!

TakeIt2DaHouse said:
good Lord culpepper is terrible as many fumbles as games played and throws int's like crazy not to mention a plastic leg now. this is the worst qb i would rather stay with gus then give culpepper $70-100 like the ****** vikings did what a waste every since culpepper came into league i thought he was garbadge so we dont need his dump on our proud franchise

Wow!!! Are we talking about the same Culpepper in Minni or my neighbor down the street. Gus over Culpepper. :shakeno:
If he had been our QB last year I think we win at least one more game and a shot at the playoffs.
If we could pose this question to the 32 NFL GM's I wonder who would be chosen the majority of the time.
Heck if members of FINheaven got together for a friendly game of two-hand touch with gus and Culpepper available as QB's who do you think would be the first person selected by their perspective captains.

Back
Top Bottom