Merged: David Carr | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

Is D.J. Shockley going into the draft if he is he might be a great steal because all these QB's people mention wont be there by the time we pick and I really dont think Saban will move up to get them

FinFan133 said:
Is D.J. Shockley going into the draft if he is he might be a great steal because all these QB's people mention wont be there by the time we pick and I really dont think Saban will move up to get them

Agreed. I think Shockley would be a great pick up in the 6th/7th rd. He'd need a couple years to develop but possesses a lot of skill.

Carr is twice the passer that Plummer is. Put a decent team around him and he's in the pro bowl

I think the Texans could really pull some great work this draft if they wanted to.

They could trade down 1 slot with the Niners, or 2 with the Saints, and still get Young. Carr could be shipped off for a 2nd.

Trading down this year will net a LOT. Reggie Bush is considered a once-in-a-decade player. This would be similar to the Vick/LT trade. The Texans could walk away with Vince Young and the equivalent of two more first rounders.

The threat of giving Bush away to another team might even get someone like the Jets to start throwing picks at Houston. It could be a war.

THOMAS_54 said:
I wouldn't be opposed to trade for Carr, I'd only give up a 3rd thought, maybe a 2nd.

You'd never get Carr for that little...being a young QB, with potential, he command at least a 1st and conditional pick or RW and a day one pick, probably at least a 2nd...

jlfin said:
Carr is twice the passer that Plummer is. Put a decent team around him and he's in the pro bowl

im sorry but i think ur underestimating plummer he had a very good year this year with only 7 ints. I think he is now one of tho top 10 qbs

From this argument I could safely say that Aaron Brooks is a good qb on a bad team. He had a horrible offense and in years past he put up great numbers. Should we then assume on a dolphins team, with an offense much better than New Orleans, Brooks would be phenominal? Hed be a better bet since he has proven himself in this league before.
I say to hell with Carr, lets get Daunte Culpepper

Johnny Unitas was "sloppy seconds".

Bret Favre was "sloppy seconds".

Getting a young quarterback from another team is not inherently worse than getting one from the draft.

It's all about talent evaluation and how you want to use them.

Anyone who wants to automatically not get a QB from another team becasue Feeley sucked is cutting off their nose to spite their face.

NEVER LIMIT YOUR OPTIONS in acquiring talent.

Carr has the ability....do what it takes to get him in a Dolphins uniform..

I would like Carr to come here but the Texans hold all the cards right now, they might want too much for him if he is on the trading block, I doubt they will get rid of him anyway.

arizona never had ANYONE to support or help jake the snake, except simeon rice, and anneas williams... car at least has a good wr, and a good rb in andre johnson, and dominic davis, if they had any type of a line, i believe carr would flourish and put up some decent numbers........ instead of 4038357803 sacks a year

Stop talking about David Carr

We need to stop talking about all the possibilites of obtaining David Carr and whether or not that is a good move. All of the media said that the Texans owner is commited to Carr and thinks he will flourish in a new style offense with playmakers Reggie Bush and Andre Johnson (they already told Reggie he's going to be the number 1 pick).

why stop talking about him when you are talking about him?

and yes they may take reggie bush but they will trade him they got bundles invested in dominic davis

Back
Top Bottom