Merged: David Carr | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

nick1 said:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9179722

looks like Miami won't get Carr, he is too much money and probably not worth it

what you dont get is that the only chance we have is that he his cut loose by texans because of his steep roster bonus

but even then it is unlikely, but that still doesnt mean I would not like to get him

tmny99 said:
Not to mention that his new coach, Gary Kubiak believes that Carr can flourish in his new system along with Reggie Bush and Andre Johnson. Read this on ESPN Insider.
reggie bush wont play in houston Domanick davis and all of his money would not welcome another back... houston if they select bush will trade him

I suspect they will cut him loose. The contract option is too much for his productivity. They could opt not to exercise the option and tag him, but then they are on the hook for $8M next year. This isn't Brees pre-injury. It's Carr.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them renegotiate before the deadline, but it will all depend on what Carr's agent tells him he is worth. Will he get more on the free market? How much would the Phins give in up front money?

The trade looks unlikely and always has.

With Capers here does that signal a trde for Carr

I'm just throwing a thought out there.Having only played for Capers I believe Carr could be a legitimate target now.I know I know they are going to draft Bush And carr is still the QB of the future for the Texans,but you never know.Having Vince young is pretty dam tempting if you ask me, and with a new coach and a new system I think signs are starting to point they may take Young.Just a thought thats all. Go fins:dolphins:

Scuba Steve 13 said:
I'm just throwing a thought out there.Having only played for Capers I believe Carr could be a legitimate target now.I know I know they are going to draft Bush And carr is still the QB of the future for the Texans,but you never know.Having Vince young is pretty dam tempting if you ask me, and with a new coach and a new system I think signs are starting to point they may take Young.Just a thought thats all. Go fins:dolphins:

Carr can not be traded for!!!! IT is against his contract.

The only way we get Carr is if the Texans don't pay his bonus money then he is a FA.

Scuba Steve 13 said:

thats the same as saying were trading for jp loserman since malarkey was coaching him.....

However unlikely the scenerio, its still very possible. Though Reggie Bush was a phenomenal college player, so was Vince Young. You really never know who they'll select till they select him. And i really think that after bringing home a National Championship with that monsterous game, Vince Young would sell out seats quicker than Bush would as a hometown product- my opinion. (LeBron James factor) And that will definately cross the minds of the Texans organization.

HelloMotto said:
thats the same as saying were trading for jp loserman since malarkey was coaching him.....

horrible point.... i think scuba brought up a decent possibility, capers has had a lot of good things to say about carr, and was favorable of him.... he believes he is a legit quarterback, and im sure that isnt that far of a possibility.... not sayin it will happen, but it very well could

Scuba Steve 13 said:
Bro look at the Free Agent Forum, and there is a huge thread about Carr,a nd his contract numbers.;)

Phin-O-mania said:
Carr can not be traded for!!!! IT is against his contract.

There is a clause in Carr's contract that won't allow the Texans to trade him? I had not heard that.

Only thing is the Texans have to WANT to trade him

The Texans didnt say Ok capers wherever you go, we will trade carr there for you

Specialk0832 said:
horrible point.... i think scuba brought up a decent possibility, capers has had a lot of good things to say about carr, and was favorable of him.... he believes he is a legit quarterback, and im sure that isnt that far of a possibility.... not sayin it will happen, but it very well could

Question: Why would you listen to your Defensive Coordinator about his opinion of a QB to run your Offensive Coordinator's offense???

plus Carr is not going anywhere this year, the value of his contract makes him "untradeable".

Back
Top Bottom