Merged: David Carr | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

For you interested in Carr

An article from http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9179722 says david carr's contract is not tradeable and that car will not be a fin next season. the site is for registerd members only so i dont think non members could get there through a link so here ya go.

MIAMI - Fan websites continue to churn the idea of Houston QB David Carr being traded to the Dolphins in exchange for a package of RB Ricky Williams and either a first-, second- or third-round pick.

While there is some logic to the idea - the Texans could then take Houston native and Texas star QB Vince Young with the No. 1 overall pick - there's one really big problem.

Do the Dolphins want to pay $24.5 million over the next three years for Carr? That's the basic price. The breakdown is this: There are two options in Carr's contract. The first is that the Texans can pay him a $5.5 million bonus on Feb. 19 and then pay him base salaries of $5 million this year and $5.25 million in 2007. That's $15.75 million for two years.

The second is that Carr gets an $8 million bonus on Feb. 19 and base salaries of $5.25 million this year, $5.25 million in 2007 and $6 million in 2008. That's $24.5 million for three years. Neither price is appetizing for a guy who has a lot of potential but not much in results during his first four years.

The Texans could also not pick up the option and simply designate Carr as the team's franchise player. But that move only decreases his value because it means that a team acquiring Carr would have him on only a one-year deal.

In short, as one NFL executive said recently: ``The contract isn't tradable.''

Looks like no Carr for the fins

Or... trade for him after the Texans pay the bonus. If they want to move him, it's doable.

Carr Not Tradable

For those who are interested in Houston QB David Carr, it appears that a trade to the Dolphins (or anyone else) is highly unlikely under his current contract. I know their were alot of trade Ricky for Carr rumors, but the Dolphins would have to take on his contact.
I didn't see this posted yet, so if it has, I apologize.

Fan websites continue to churn the idea of Houston QB David Carr being traded to the Dolphins in exchange for a package of RB Ricky Williams and either a first-, second- or third-round pick.

While there is some logic to the idea -- the Texans could then take Houston native and Texas star QB Vince Young with the No. 1 overall pick -- there's one really big problem.

Do the Dolphins want to pay $24.5 million over the next three years for Carr?

That's the basic price. The breakdown is this: There are two options in Carr's contract. The first is that the Texans can pay him a $5.5 million bonus on Feb. 19 and then pay him base salaries of $5 million this year and $5.25 million in 2007. That's $15.75 million for two years.

The second is that Carr gets an $8 million bonus on Feb. 19 and base salaries of $5.25 million this year, $5.25 million in 2007 and $6 million in 2008. That's $24.5 million for three years. Neither price is appetizing for a guy who has a lot of potential but not much in results over his first four years.

The Texans could also not pick up the option and simply designate Carr as the team's franchise player. But that move only decreases his value because it means that a team acquiring Carr would have him on only a one-year deal.

I don't know if it had been posted but I knew the numbers and I still think he would be a good pick up. QB's aren't cheap. Alex Smith's signing bonus was that much and he had never played in the NFL.

thomasdan15 said:
I don't know if it had been posted but I knew the numbers and I still think he would be a good pick up. QB's aren't cheap. Alex Smith's signing bonus was that much and he had never played in the NFL.

You think Carr is worth 24.5 mil over 3 years?

trainwreck said:
For those who are interested in Houston QB David Carr, it appears that a trade to the Dolphins (or anyone else) is highly unlikely under his current contract. I know their were alot of trade Ricky for Carr rumors, but the Dolphins would have to take on his contact.
I didn't see this posted yet, so if it has, I apologize.

Fan websites continue to churn the idea of Houston QB David Carr being traded to the Dolphins in exchange for a package of RB Ricky Williams and either a first-, second- or third-round pick.

While there is some logic to the idea -- the Texans could then take Houston native and Texas star QB Vince Young with the No. 1 overall pick -- there's one really big problem.

Do the Dolphins want to pay $24.5 million over the next three years for Carr?

That's the basic price. The breakdown is this: There are two options in Carr's contract. The first is that the Texans can pay him a $5.5 million bonus on Feb. 19 and then pay him base salaries of $5 million this year and $5.25 million in 2007. That's $15.75 million for two years.

The second is that Carr gets an $8 million bonus on Feb. 19 and base salaries of $5.25 million this year, $5.25 million in 2007 and $6 million in 2008. That's $24.5 million for three years. Neither price is appetizing for a guy who has a lot of potential but not much in results over his first four years.

If a trade was agreed upon he could re negotiate his contract if he really wanted to be traded

TPD1479 said:
If a trade was agreed upon he could re negotiate his contract if he really wanted to be traded

I can see your point. I wonder why he was called " untradable"
in the Herald article???:confused:

Carr staying in Houston

Just read on ESPN Insider that Kubiak thinks that Carr could flourish in his system along with Bush and Johnson. Sorry to break the bad news to anyone who was hoping we get him.

Back
Top Bottom