Merged: David Carr | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: David Carr

kingfin said:
The texans will give the 8million to extend David Carr,s contract to 2008.So lets move on with the David Carr thing.

i think they trade out of the #1 spot anyway and take a lineman in the first round and pick up a qb in FA or trade, they have a good RB. And I won't believe the david carr bit until it is offered, i still say he isnt coming here even if they dont give it to him, but they can forego his option and franchise him for a year. so its still not for sure that they will pay the 8 million. they can use that in FA

SabanEra84 said:
i think they trade out of the #1 spot anyway and take a lineman in the first round and pick up a qb in FA or trade, they have a good RB. And I won't believe the david carr bit until it is offered, i still say he isnt coming here even if they dont give it to him, but they can forego his option and franchise him for a year. so its still not for sure that they will pay the 8 million. they can use that in FA

I think you might be right. As time goes on, I think the Texans will start to realize that Reggie Bush is not the savior. Although he's brutally fast, his not a between the tackles sort of guy, and might not be able to take the beating he'll experience in a 16 week season. The Texans real problem is not David Carr (he represents better value, even at 8 million, than anything in free agency or trade this year) at all, it's their porous offensive line that can't hold a block for more than 3 seconds. Trade down to #4 with the Jets, and grab Brick (Jets go with Bush).

some people on this board will read news that a contract was resigned for a certain player and refuse to believe it until a copy of it is hand-delivered to their door. while it hasn't been done yet...it will be.

Carr is out.

kingfin said:
The texans will give the 8million to extend David Carr,s contract to 2008.So lets move on with the David Carr thing.
Texans | Carr expensive any way you look at it
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:00:17 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/18/nfl">Houston Texans QB David Carr has two options in his contract, The first option is that the Texans can pay him a $5.5 million bonus Feb. 19 and then pay him base salaries of $5 million this year and $5.25 million in 2007. That's $15.75 million for two years. The second option is that Carr gets an $8 million bonus Feb. 19 and base salaries of $5.25 million this year, $5.25 million in 2007 and $6 million in 2008. That's $24.5 million for three years. The Texans could also not pick up either option and simply designate Carr as the team's franchise player. That move only decreases his value because it means that a team acquiring Carr would have him on only a one-year deal.

...carr's contract basically makes it virtually impossible to trade. so, yes, we best move on...

kingfin said:

Just tell us something that we have not heard already

I still think in the end the Texans end up taking Bush, but, I don't doubt they'll look very hard at trading out of that spot and probably picking up McNeil from Auburn as their first pick.. The Carr news however is old news and a dead issue..

Just because the Texans pay him his bonus doesnt mean that he cannot be traded. If anything, it makes him a more valuable asset. The bonus ties him up fo 4-5 years at a very reasonable salary.

kingfin said:

You do understand that if the Texans plan to trade Carr they HAVE TO pay him the bonus or he just becomes a FA. So paying the bonus is a prerequisite for both keeping him and trading him. This OLD news does nothing to make people move on for m the David Carr thing.

kingfin said:
wow.... thats amazing... Hey, did you know that we started a war with Iraq? Yup, gonna cost alot of money... oh, and the civil war.... yeah, the north won.... unfortunately

NewEra13 said:
wow.... thats amazing... Hey, did you know that we started a war with Iraq? Yup, gonna cost alot of money... oh, and the civil war.... yeah, the north won.... unfortunately

:shakeno:
dude relax... no need to be such an **** about it.

Back
Top Bottom